Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

The "Original" message from Bioware said the promotion was for "our most valued players". It didn't say anything at all about the missing PvP ranked season, the bugged raids that came out with launch, the lack of end game content for those that reached 50 within the first few weeks. It said "our most valued players". That initial post is what caused this huge uproar.

It's not about crying for a free month, it's about Bioware making a huge mistake and segregating their player base. People who have done such and such before X amount of time are "more valuable" than other players. Some people still don't seem to understand why so many were upset that first day.

Since then, the "reward" has been changed, along with the post on the website. If, from the beginning, the "reward" was called a "consolation", and if there was never a mention of one players value over another, then I don't think we would be having these discussions.

It all started when Bioware's message segregated the community, and since then, it has gotten out of control.

The FACTS state the following:

1. Level 50`s get free 30 days and a pet originally by April 12. - non 50`s get only the pet

2. Level 50`s AND Legacy 6 get 30 days and a pet by April 22.

I paid my 15, you paid yours, we are equal, regardless of what Bioware says. Because, no matter how they word it, they are STILL lying through their teeth, case:

One of their leads, forgot his name, said it`s not "heroic" to have large groups of players beat on a large Boss. Guess how ops look like? 8 or 16 "heroes", beating on a PS3 gimmick trick overgrown Boss. He contradicted himself.

But we ALL KNEW that WILL happen. It didn`t stop us buying the game then and it certainly didn`t stop us from playing it. Examples are many about what was said and what was done.. SAID, not EXPECTED. based on reading between the lines.

Regardless of the wording, the stripped version can read as: "level 50`s get free 30 days and a pet, while non 50`s get the pet, by April 12. level 50`s and legacy 6 get a pet by April 22.". All I see is a bunch of prudes, that get offended too easily and make too much noise.

Like it? You`ll pay for it. Don`t like it? Don`t pay for it. More walk and less talk is needed.

So, yes, I can`t really understand all the "huge uproar".

Personal note: I would still play if I wouldn`t meet the criteria, because, ultimately, nothing has changed: I am still paying my 15 and I am still enjoying the same game as everyone else. Where time is the ultimate deciding factor, if I don`t have time, well, I can`t get TOO far. That`s fine. I am getting what I paid for... but I am not going to pretend that I deserve more, when all I have sold were 99 grade 1 mats for 500 credits and my only contribution to the MMO part of the game were 5 deaths in some obscure Flashpoint, with 2 ninjas and an off healer. Then again.. I have a bit of a thicker skin than most, apparently.

Edited by Styxx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the offer by a legacy level due mainly to having to re-roll to get off of a dead planet. Alts on the initial realm were mainly to see which class I liked best and then for crew skills.

First realm lvl 40, 29, 27, 20 = Legacy 3

2nd realm - lvl 45, 25, 23, 21 = Legacy 5

On the other hand a friend who took my invite for the free week did just that. Played just her free week and didn't subscribe. She told me this morning they are offering her $20 off her purchase and a free pet. :rolleyes:

So I've subscribed since Dec 25 and rec'd nothing.

I'm a little sour, but will continue to play.

Never read this and ended up contacting Customer Support in regards to when this was going to be applied.

I now feel incredibly stupid haha.

Thanks for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support Team for the help nonetheless.

Also, I just have to ask about your signature (out of curiosity, not trying to hate):

Why would you publicize this? Apart from the devotion shown by joining the forums months in advance, I'm at a loss.... my other stats would be:

Game Purchased: 03.26.2012 (SWTOR was only released last month here in NZ)

First level 50: 04.14.201

A lot of players were doing this a few weeks ago, because we were "Not a Valued Player" and were not receiving the free month gift. I didn't have Level 50 OR Legacy 6 when the promotion was announced, and I was up in arms because of the initial wording on the website. Once I understood Bioware's reason for doing so, it made more sense why they did it, but it was still a terrible way to present their consolation of not having ranked PvP.

Since then, Bioware changed their status on the reward, so I changed my signature and removed the "Not a Valued Player" tag. Hope that makes sense now.

A lot of players were doing this a few weeks ago, because we were "Not a Valued Player" and were not receiving the free month gift. I didn't have Level 50 OR Legacy 6 when the promotion was announced, and I was up in arms because of the initial wording on the website. Once I understood Bioware's reason for doing so, it made more sense why they did it, but it was still a terrible way to present their consolation of not having ranked PvP.

Since then, Bioware changed their status on the reward, so I changed my signature and removed the "Not a Valued Player" tag. Hope that makes sense now.

Ah I see, makes perfect sense.

On a similar note, I have a small concern.. as already noted I bought the game this time last month. As such, I have not had my first monthly subscriber payment actually debited. As stated, I already have a level 50, AND legacy level 8 - my concern is, although I consider myself to be an active subscriber and therefore qualify for this promotion, when it comes to the recruit a friend system, I am not recognized as a subscriber yet, i.e.,

"Thanks for your interest in the Friends Trial, but you are not able to invite a friend until you are a subscriber."

Does this system mean that I and others in my situation will NOT get this promo (as the system doesn't recognize me as holding an active subscription yet, even tho it's all setup)? I haven't seen any condition stipulating that you must have been billed at least once, but am growing concerned the closer I get to my sub (0 days remaining :p)

Edited by cloverman

So, I notice that the e-mail I received about this says the time will be applied to my account by April 24th 11:59pm CDT. But the first post in this thread says April 25th 11:59pm CDT.... consistency would be nice here.

The date was extended when they changed the promotion details

Are we supposed to get an email stating that we get the free 30 days and in game pet?

You only get an email if your account settings have that "Keep me informed via e-mail" option checked on. I have it turned off, never received any emails, yet I got my taun taun pet and an extra 30-days added to my account to day.

Edited by mathisk

Seen a lot of people on my server with their pets, still no email/pet/game time.

"Sign up to receive Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ updates by email" setting is ticked... billing set to renew for the first time today (purchased game in NZ last month, character and legacy level requirements were both met before the promotion end-date).

Still fearing that I'm not considered to have an active subscription on the basis that my first sub renewal hadn't come up yet (until today)... again, this was not stipulated; only that an active subscription be set up, which it is/was (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to play at all!).

I'm hoping I get to eat my hat later today with the fulfillment of these rewards... :rolleyes:

**HAT = EATEN.** :D

Edited by cloverman

Hello!

I just want to say thank you for this! I hope you will stay on this way and the team will show your fans in the future too as like now, why we like your games and the company!

I know many people doesn't show patience for your work, but the otheres yeah! Those ppl who cant say any builder critics or just are crying on the forums... They only the peak of the iceberg! So! Just do it like this longer! ;)

The force be with you and us!

Quote: Originally Posted by genesiser

You know, I see a lot of people saying why they don't like this game and how things can be improved, all of which has been said time and time again. And to those of you that don't enjoy playing the game, do what myself and two friends did. We cancelled our sub and I come back to the website every other week to see what's going on. The only reason I can post right now is because of that free month that got added to my account, which I used to log in, check out the legacy system, and logged out and that was it.

Orange quote from a different thread.

So much for consoleing level 50s or legacy 6 free 30 day promo.As if anyone actualy needed consoling,people quit they quit, take care of consistant subscriptions.

I stated in a different thread that the 30 day promo BS was misguided,and that the people who had unsubscribed would unsubscribe after 30 days.

leaving subscribers with unbroken subscription pissed off and begin debateing as to wether or not they will cancel or give themselves a free month.

Nothing against the guy above me, we all have the freedom of choice as to how we game.

Yeah, I got shanked... I canceled my auto renewal earlier in the month - before the Legacy patch. Despite the fact that I was still active when Legacy was rolled out, had 1 level 50 and legacy level 16, I got nothing. Oh well; I was getting tired of submitting 2 or 3 bug reports a week, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for nothing. I have the pre-order crystal, but because I don't play as often as others, I am worthless to them. I mean this whole plan is genius:

- People are leaving when they hit endgame so what should we do?

- Well, let's give them a free month so they can grow even more tired of the game, and we'll get nothing in return.

- Sound like a plan to me!

I did not get the 30 days free because I have charecters across different servers. If thoese said charecters were on the same server I would of qualified for the free 30 days. So I am being punished for wanting to play the different server types. Thanks biowere my play time runs out tommorow and I dont have the money for this months sub. So my friends will now get ahead of me and I wont be able to play anymore. So goodbye everyone been great playing while it has lasted. I might see you in GW2 or TSW Edited by Blueplain

It looks more like the promotion was a mistake no matter how they worded it.

The words arent broken,The promotion is.

The mistake cannot be reversed,rewording it isn't going to fix a thing.

I doubt they pull a promo like this again.

However If you were not rewarded as being an active subscriber.

Because:

A. You like to craft

B. You like to explore & Hunt datacrons

D. Help Guildmates even though you out level the mission and recieve +5 XP

E. You socialize in game.... MMO?

H. Spend time upgradeing companions.

I. Spend time organizeing your Guild

J. Craft and Contribute to the Galactic Market.

K. Farm for crafting materials.

M. Thought you were an active subscriber even if you didnt want to level quickly.

N. Thought your game style and pace was acceptable and wouldnt be judged by some stupid Promo that excludes you for enjoying what you paid for.

Just about sums me up lol.

Was in pre release, made 2 accounts (my error, thought you could only have 1 faction per account and needed characters in both factions of our guild), played weekly since, about 20+ hours a week min, have level 32 on 1 faction till switched to other faction (guild needed me more there) and now gone from level 10 to 50, hit 50 last weekend, done dailies for 1st time but didnt get the promotion.

No worries though tbh as my error with 2 characters (only have 2) on different accounts but your post just sums up my gameplay

I did not get the 30 days free because I have charecters across different servers. If thoese said charecters were on the same server I would of qualified for the free 30 days. So I am being punished for wanting to play the different server types.

I'm in the same boat. I have friends who play but spread out across different servers. As a result, I have a total of 15 characters I play (and have re-made several of them) but none of them are high enough level to qualify for this free game time "reward". Well, I guess pre-ordering the upgraded Digital Deluxe copy of the game and having an active subscription since launch isn't worthy of receiving free game time all because I didn't level fast enough. I'm not very pleased, to put it mildly.

• 4 weeks later...

All said and done, the 30 day give away is not legal IMO as it's based solely on leveling, that is 'discrimination' as the game openly promotes exploration and time consuming crafting/gathering/guilds/datacrom hunting/create several characters/PvP/RP servers etc that has not suited many players it seems?

You could get into trouble Bioware for this and you could get stuck with plaintifs costs as well, that'll be alot of cash if ppl bring legal action singlulary not to mention the 30day free subs, possible damages etc. You need to sack your legal team imo, you didn't even give away free double xp to try and get it sorted :o

I think it would have been more advisable to base the promotion on hours played and not on ppl's gaming style,

Edited by Shaggggy