Now that BW is equalizing expertise on all pvp gear...

Smashbrother

Sounds like it... I don't think I'll be smashing anyone for 7k anymore unless they're in PvE gear. :D

I think smash is going to get nerfed into the ground with these changes coupled with the class changes that were posted in another thread. (Not complaining... smash is a boring spec to play... unfortunately it would be nice if it remains viable at least.... I doubt it.)

Seems like it's just going to give everyone the same damage mitigation more than anything and the only real advantage is going to be damage output.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Sounds like it... I don't think I'll be smashing anyone for 7k anymore unless they're in PvE gear. :D

I think smash is going to get nerfed into the ground with these changes coupled with the class changes that were posted in another thread. (Not complaining... smash is a boring spec to play... unfortunately it would be nice if it remains viable at least.... I doubt it.)

Seems like it's just going to give everyone the same damage mitigation more than anything and the only real advantage is going to be damage output.

If expertise becomes completely linear, there would never be a reason to use any pve crap ever which is one good thing. This would indirectly result in slightly higher TTK which people do want.

Edited by Smashbrother

If expertise becomes completely linear, there would never be a reason to use any pve crap ever which is one good thing. This would indirectly result in slightly higher TTK which people do want.

I was referring more to people who enter WZ's with 300 expertise simply because they don't know any better or are just a PvE'er trying to farm something they need for PvE.

Personally... I think a higher TTK is a bad thing for rated. People want it... but most of those people are only playing in regs. All we can do is wait until it's released to see how much it really affects game play.

re-doing the expertise curve again is a bad idea imo.

it already has a very very slow approach to diminishing returns anyways. even at 2500 expertise you would not notice heavy diminishing returns.

where is all of this news coming from? i dont see any dev posts in the dev tracker mentioning any upcoming changes in 1.7. yet people are talking about them

re-doing the expertise curve again is a bad idea imo.

it already has a very very slow approach to diminishing returns anyways. even at 2500 expertise you would not notice heavy diminishing returns.

where is all of this news coming from? i dont see any dev posts in the dev tracker mentioning any upcoming changes in 1.7. yet people are talking about them

The equalizing expertise has been known for a while. It was in a podcast so it's legit. It's also why EWH is not an upgrade in expertise values over WH.

Whether they will make expertise completely linear like power has yet to be determined. I think they should, since the value is hard capped now.

I was referring more to people who enter WZ's with 300 expertise simply because they don't know any better or are just a PvE'er trying to farm something they need for PvE.

Personally... I think a higher TTK is a bad thing for rated. People want it... but most of those people are only playing in regs. All we can do is wait until it's released to see how much it really affects game play.

The increase in TTK won't be anything major. Expertise being the end all be all stat for pvp just means people will stop using pve stuff, and thus their damage output will be slightly lower.

Imagine if everyone currently only ran in max exp gear. That's what the TTK would be like.

Oh I've been to a raid, a bunch of us decided to PvP after finishing and I have once or twice forgotten that I was still in PvE gear.

My healing was awesome but I was also once smashed for 10k by a Sentinel because of this :D

The part about BW making expertise linear is something I want them to add. They haven't said whether they will or not.

A source would be nice. I have to say I don't enjoy being smashed, but I don't want to see any class/tree nerfed into the ground. I hope they have learned from the past, test it, and make light changes.