Playable Togruta Species

Shaelaa

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they add Togruta to the Expansion Pack!!!! That's the only way I'll be purchasing it.

If you are referring to this upcoming Expansion, then I hate to burst your hope bubble, but it won't be added to it unless they add Cathar before the Expansion as they've stated the Cathar will be the 1st Species that gets added.

If you are referring to this upcoming Expansion, then I hate to burst your hope bubble, but it won't be added to it unless they add Cathar before the Expansion as they've stated the Cathar will be the 1st Species that gets added.

or both at the same time just incase they change their minds which yes i know is HIGHLY unlikely

I too would love to see Togruta added. Best way to ensure that they do add them is to keep voicing your support for this species and make sure the Cathar are well recieved. It has been stated that the addition of future playable species is dependant on how well Cathar "sell". Buy a Cathar unlock and send BW a message that Togruta MUST be next!

I too would love to see Togruta added. Best way to ensure that they do add them is to keep voicing your support for this species and make sure the Cathar are well recieved. It has been stated that the addition of future playable species is dependant on how well Cathar "sell". Buy a Cathar unlock and send BW a message that Togruta MUST be next!
I absolutely positively will not purchase a Cathar unlock. If I must pay, I will pay for things that have value to me and Cathar are simply uninteresting to me. (In fact they seem to belong more to some of the 2nd Life red-light sections, which makes it 10x worse)

I absolutely positively will not purchase a Cathar unlock. If I must pay, I will pay for things that have value to me and Cathar are simply uninteresting to me. (In fact they seem to belong more to some of the 2nd Life red-light sections, which makes it 10x worse)

I'm with you. We are the fans and we are asking for things that will contrubute to us wanting to continue playing this game/spend more money. I'll spend money on Togruta species...I'm not going to pay for something that really doesnt interest me such as the Cathar. :cool:

• 1 month later...

I'll buy cathar too, just to make togruta possible :D

By the way, some weeks ago they posted a comment about the togruta as playable species. Finally! :)) Here:

Making an alien race fully human playable is a huge amount of work, at least if you want to give players the level of customization options that they have come to expect. It takes a lot of work to make all of the customization options work together and look good, while still ensuring people still can find looks that are unique to each other.

The Togruta provide a unique problem in this regard, in regards to the tentacles. Yes, the Twi'leks have tentacles too, but they are typically behind the player, whereas the Togruta's canonically drape across the front of the character. This means that they struggle to work with the existing animations and gear without clipping -- indeed, the first screenshot you see for Ashara if you google her is one with her chin ridiculously clipping through her tentacle. While this may be acceptable for a companion who is frequently offscreen while fighting, or NPCs who we can dress and pose carefully, its much more problematic for player characters who need to be able to wear anything and perform any animation and still look good. (The Twi'leks clip somewhat as well, but much art was tweaked to make this a lot less prevalent than it otherwise would have been)

I'm not trying to pour cold water in the species discussion. Quite the opposite - if the Cathar do well, I hope to expand your options even more, and we should know the answer to that 'soonish'. I just don't want anyone to think that just because an alien is currently in the game as an NPC, that it is trivial to turn it into player art -- it's a TON of work to do that, and do it well.

Good to know! So I will definitely unlock the Cathar, whatever the cost xD

Also nice to know, that it seems to be more difficult as i thought to make a companion character playable. This helps to wait patiently :)

We will see...

'soonish'
;D

yep this is definetly good news :) i was planning to play as a cathar anyway maybe 2 so hopefully if the cathar are successful maybe we will get lucky and we want have to wait long for the togruta to become playable which i know is HIGHLY unlikely the race after togruta i wish to become playable is voss, then the weequay, and then assuming nothing else pops up i will be satified.

The more choices the better as long as one of those choices is Togruta. That's the only class that I care about being added. Anything else is just filler.

Yeah, species.

As there are many NPC's and one Companion (for the Sith Inquisitor) of this species - why not add it as being playable?

After all, for example, we can play as Twi'Leks - and both the Jedi Consular and Sith Warrior get a Twi'Lek companion (while one is male, and one is female). And the Jedi Knight gets to talk with Bela Kiwiiks, a Togruta Jedi Council member. So why not get to play as a Togruta?