I won't play Huttball. I'm gonna leave every single time it pops and it pops TOO MUCH

NogueiraA

Devs do see the numbers, they do see people leaving warzones, you do not have to come here and tell that you are actually doing it! If you do not like it, then dont play it, thats all.

It’s not as simple as don’t play because there is no option to opt out of HB pops, which would categorically fix the problem for those who hate HB if there was. It would also improve the quality of HB matches for those who like HB because only those who like it would be there.

The Devs ignore numbers. They ignore player posts and feedback or just aren’t given it by the community manager.

Players have a right to be heard. You have no right to insinuate they should stop posting about this topic, which is what you are doing.

Follow your own advice. If you don’t like the topic, ignore the thread.

It’s not as simple as don’t play because there is no option to opt out of HB pops, which would categorically fix the problem for those who hate HB if there was. It would also improve the quality of HB matches for those who like HB because only those who like it would be there.

The Devs ignore numbers. They ignore player posts and feedback or just aren’t given it by the community manager.

Players have a right to be heard. You have no right to insinuate they should stop posting about this topic, which is what you are doing.

Follow your own advice. If you don’t like the topic, ignore the thread.

I hate.......well ok, I dont hate any warzone so its hard for me to tell. The only thing I do not like is when the wz just takes too long, when they drag it out to the end.

Its been said already that selecting warzones will lead to decrease in pops and even the argument "i will rather wait longer than have another huttball" will not help you. Imagine the irony that you will have 50 people in que and most of them will mark to que for huttball only and all of you guys wont get a pop for hours! Just saying, it could happen. What will you say then? Will you come here crying that you are now not getting pops at all?

You cannot say Devs ignore it all. There have been many changes in the game due to player feedback, just look at how they adjusted the Swoop Bike event. Thats just an recent example, there are many older ones. You just see that they do not react to what you say, thats all.

Players can speak their mind, but if they keep on making threads about the same topic over and over then it even losses its meaning, value, purpose. Its better to coordinate it rather than just keep on making threads and even adding threats like leaving each warzone, thats the tip of it all.

You have threads where people criticise people for leaving matches and that they should be penalized for it, like in group finder. In GSF this is a big thing and people complain that the players ruin the game for them. Yet here, people openly say they leave matches, ruin games for the other 15 players, but I guess its OK here.....

I feel your pain, but at least Huttball offers a reprieve from the stomp teams in voidstar, arena and sometimes Alderaan.

Most people wouldn't care if HB popped. The issue is, it pops far more frequently than any other map. Even if someone enjoys HB, the majority of players who regularly queue for PVP get tired of it.

I think players who rarely or infrequently queue for PVP probably don't care about this problem because no matter what they would just do the dailies and stop. So when HB pops 3-5 times in a row, someone just wanting to complete dailies doesn't care what pops I'd guess.

The people like me who view PVP as the main activity hate this constant pop of HB.

It reminds me of the same argument that PVE players have about non-stop Hammer Station popping. There's a huge difference here though, at least with the FP filter we can choose to remove Hammer Station from our queue whereas here in the PVP queue we have no options, no choice to stop the constant HB pops. This is immensely frustrating! We have NO WAY to avoid not just queing for HuttBallz, but are also forced into HuttBallz wasting the time it took for the map to pop on top of wasting time leaving the map, then re-queuing for a new PVP map, which most likely will pop ANOTHER Huttballz map.

I don't log in much atm due to RL stuff going on, I am very busy and value my time especially right now. I have just stopped queuing tbh, I just log in and level my pub toons now, just because at least I can get something done while on the game but is this what BW wants? I assume so. If my time is spent doing PVE on this game I am going to play far less often than if I can actually play maps I like to PVP on because PVP is what I think is fun.

It's really an idiotic way to manage the WZs. If they are going to non-stop-pop certain WZs while not letting others pop, especially maps we enjoy more than HB, there's little reason to bother PVPing now for people who want to PVP on a map other than HB. I am sure this is contributing to the death of our pops, too. Surely I am not the only person who simply lacks the time to waste waiting on WZ pops that are going to pop a map I dislike 75% of the time. Between HBs and OPG it's just bad.

Edited by Lhancelot

I've suggested lumping all 3 huttballs together as just "hutball" then, if you roll hutball, have a second roll to determine which huttball

That way you still have hutball, but at a lower rate

I’m also in favour of this and it’s something musco himself floated as a possible option 18 months ago. Since then we’ve had no communication when it comes to this topic.

with the FP filter we can choose to remove Hammer Station from our queue whereas here in the PVP queue we have no options, no choice to stop the constant HB pops.

Well the question here is how long does the pop take when you remove hammer station from the que list?? That would be the issue with PVP.

Like you said there surely is a big part of the players in que that just want to finish the daily/weekly for rewards or conquest and they do not really care what pops. Maybe people going for FPS just want to get their gear so they que only HS. The biggest issue they seem to have here is with the pops.

Leaving Hutt ball is now an issue because everytime I do, I get bumped back to the load screen and I get that quick play bug that won’t allow you to use any characters not on a starter planet. The only fix is to restart my PC.

Getting so sick of this broken arse **** of a game. I don’t want to play Hutt ball every second or more pops. Now this bug is making me restart my pc if I decide to leave Hutt ball (and only 50% of the time does that fix the bug)

Bioware, you are dumb as dirt. Can’t you see you are driving players away from PvP and the game itself with this stupid queue system that makes nearly every other pop be Hutt ball.

Literally, my wife and I have queued today on a lowbie toon to lvl her up in pvp to learn ALL the maps and tactics, but all we ever get for 8 man objective pvp is a Hutt ball map. And if it’s not Hutt ball it’s Arena, which I get when the queue is low (and my guess is it wouldn’t be as low if every pop wasn’t Hutt ball :mad:). But even it’s not arena it’s F’ing Hutt Ball and she hates it and I now hate it because that’s all that pops. So now she’s refusing to pvp and I’m not far behind.

FIX THIS BULL **** HUTT BALL POP SITUATION OR RUN THE RISK OF HAVING NO ONE TO PLAY PVP IN THIS GAME.

And yes, I’m F’ing mad because the stupid quick play bug means I can’t leave even if I want to or run the risk if not being able to play for the day.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Tonight I played for 3 hours.

I've counted 16 regular warzone pops on Star Forge, 11 was Huttball which I left of course.

So I spent more time leaving warzones and re-queueing than actually playing pvp.

Hutball pops WAY TOO MUCH, it is not my fault for not wanting to play this terrible map anymore, I have no stomach to play Huttball anymore.

So my subscription is not being worth my time playing pvp anymore.

I am starting to agree. Never liked those maps, but it is positively obnoxious how often they are presented. For me, Quesh is the worst of the three. Something needs to be done. I enjoy Hypergates, Novare, the Yavin map, Voidstar, Alderaan, and even the arenas from time to time, but the hutt maps need to be consolidated.

It's nice that Bioware gave everyone more that asked for more (I did not--always hated huttball), but most players are displeased to see those maps so often.

Hopefully enough comments will send the message that we would really appreciate a reduced prevalence of this map.

I am starting to agree. Never liked those maps, but it is positively obnoxious how often they are presented. For me, Quesh is the worst of the three. Something needs to be done. I enjoy Hypergates, Novare, the Yavin map, Voidstar, Alderaan, and even the arenas from time to time, but the hutt maps need to be consolidated.

It's nice that Bioware gave everyone more that asked for more (I did not--always hated huttball), but most players are displeased to see those maps so often.

Hopefully enough comments will send the message that we would really appreciate a reduced prevalence of this map.

See, I actually like Quesh ball over Vandins design, but the bugs and lag/dsync in Quesh ball is the worst of all the maps. Something definitely needs to be done about that map and I would go as far as removing it from the rotation till they can fix it.