Server forums?

Vandrel-Blitz

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so basically Bioware will not put up server forums because they can not moderate them? UMMMM HELLO!!!! What do they think other MMO's do with their server forums?

THEY HAVE THE PUBLIC MODERATE THE FORUMS!

This is why they put up report buttons.

Until there's official server forums implemented, I think it would be a great benefit to choose our own "unofficial-official" server forums. A one stop web location where all servers are able to benefit from a larger community. Guilds could recruit more easily in a more publicly accessible location, crew skill/trading discussions that are server specific attract new players to your server, faction balance discussions, etc... all are important factors in attracting players to your server; you just can't get that from individual servers hosting by themselves.

At SWTORowned (link in my sig), you get an all inclusive pass to all of the individual server needs, a larger discussion group focused on helping the communities of individual servers (their server), and tools for guilds to discuss things privately in their own guild group (more info on that feature http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1597073 ).

Current forum stats..

SWTOR Owned - SWTOR Forums Statistics

Threads 471

Posts 1,338

Members 283

Welcome to our newest member, *****

Average Registrations 6.15 Per Day, 43.07 Per Week, 184.57 Per Month

Average Posts 29.73 Per Day, 208.13 Per Week, 892 Per Month

Average Threads 10.47 Per Day, 73.27 Per Week, 314 Per Month

I think it's a good alternative until there is individual Official forums. And should still prove useful thereafter.

And no, I'm not an admin, mod, or affiliated with this site in any way, other than being a member who likes what he sees.

Edited by Yhor

Until there's official server forums implemented, I think it would be a great benefit to choose our own "unofficial-official" server forums. A one stop web location where all servers are able to benefit from a larger community. Guilds could recruit more easily in a more publicly accessible location, crew skill/trading discussions that are server specific attract new players to your server, faction balance discussions, etc... all are important factors in attracting players to your server; you just can't get that from individual servers hosting by themselves.

At SWTORowned (link in my sig), you get an all inclusive pass to all of the individual server needs, a larger discussion group focused on helping the communities of individual servers (their server), and tools for guilds to discuss things privately in their own guild group (more info on that feature http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1597073 ).

Current forum stats..

I think it's a good alternative until there is individual Official forums. And should still prove useful thereafter.

And no, I'm not an admin, mod, or affiliated with this site in any way, other than being a member who likes what he sees.

Actually, I think it's a pretty horrible idea. In this age of identity theft, account hacking and account usage date harvesting, I'm very careful as to where I leave my personal information. Random forums from people I don't know (and can't hold to account when - not if - my stuff gets stolen or abused) are very much out.

Actually, I think it's a pretty horrible idea. In this age of identity theft, account hacking and account usage date harvesting, I'm very careful as to where I leave my personal information. Random forums from people I don't know (and can't hold to account when - not if - my stuff gets stolen or abused) are very much out.

Well, hopefully people are intelligent enough to not leave personal identification on ANY website they go to. This includes login information (don't use the same info/password to login to multiple sites).

Also, my point was more towards the multitude of servers hosting individual sites, which your stance is more supportive of my point, in that case.

UNTIL BioWare gets individual server forums up and running, those looking for alternatives for now, not when BW has an epiphany, then the one stop site has much more benefit than forums spread out all over.

Edited by Yhor

This thread was created over a month ago and there is already a sticky for server forums

can we lock this thread?

Until official individual server forums are implemented, this thread has it's usefulness. If locked, three more just like it will pop up shortly thereafter.

Hello there, everyone!

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us in this thread. That said, this thread is near the 1,000 post limit and so we will be closing it. In addition, there is a thread from Allison in our General Discussion forum that explains new forum changes that will be coming soon, and it addresses the issue of server forums. We're going to ask that everyone please heads on over to the below link to share their thoughts on this. Thank you for your understanding!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173672