Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people got the impression that we would get something sub exclusive considering its "subscriber" appreciation. I mean we already get 600cc per month, but for this I was expecting something other than 500cc..

Well, reported for harassment.

Stop harassing me.

Your opinion.

This is really funny. So you have a right to call us lazy and goad us into replying to a thread with an inflammatory title but we are not aloud to call you out? My what a double standard you showcase. And for the record he is not harnessing you he is just telling you exactly how you act. Difference.

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive. I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

This game is turning into a damn shop.

I don't get it?? You are complaining about getting an additional 500cc above and beyond your normal grant?? Seriously?? Sorry but that isn't entitled, that is just plain stupid.. Only subscribers got the extra 500cc..

The item that will be really cheap on the CM for a single day has nothing to do with subscriber appreciation.. It is about the celebration of KOTOR's 10th anniversary.. Yes, that is feeling entitled.. Again also stupid..

As for the game turning into a shop?? I just don't agree.. :)

I didn't respond to the rest of your post because it is obvious that you just aren't paying attention..

Edited by MajikMyst

So you agree with me that the majority of these people in this thread are breaking the rules?

I'm glad someone sees this as well.

Ayelinna, you are not beyond breaking the very rules you contend to cherish and enforce. The evidence is the multiple quotes that you have posted that have been removed, including a few i called you on when you had, in fact broke the rules.

Your not helping the validity of your posts or your reputation by behaving in this manner. Grant it I also see you getting attacked quite a bit, and that puts you on the offensive of course.

I've been there myself.

But you have, in fact, tried to dictate how others should play, have called players "stupid" or "lazy", directly insulted those that use the market or like it, etc.

Naturally most of the proof can't be provided because the posts were removed. But I quoted at least two of your posts that were direct violations of the rules.

You can defend yourself. But you should make sure you remain within the forum rules when you do so.

To your OP, I do think it is a good idea to throw something other than coins at the subs, some kind of unique item, recognition or title. I don't see any harm in granting a thank you recognition item to subs considering some of the things that have been added to the CM lately.

Just my opinion of course.

In my opinion money was the perfect gift to me.

Some speeder or pet which every subscriber had gotten, would have been bound to raise threads of "why does this thing look so ugly" and "a speeder ? that is all ?" and the likes.

Any piece of clothing would raise similar threads. (I still remember the "special item" I got for my Rift account after meeting the devs on GamesCon 2011... it was so damn ugly, that noone in my guild wanted it).

But with cartel coins, everyone can decide what to buy. Get a pack... get 2 color packs... get a new hairstyle... get some item with discount, that you would normally had to wait another month for...

Seriously, a money gift was the perfect thing to do.

I believe you'd fit the description of an ungrateful elitist. You got something for nothing and you have the gull to demand something else because what you got wasn't special or didn't set you apart from the free players.

Seems to be a growing trend on the forums as of late, I'm a subscriber! I should get something special that sets me apart from all the other snow flakes!

Which is ironic when you consider a subscriber might only provides $15 a month vs a free player who could easily double that in a week.

Lastly, "Game is becoming a cash shop." Well welcome to free to play. You all wanted it so here it is in all its glory. :rolleyes:

I believe you'd fit the description of an ungrateful elitist. You got something for nothing and you have the gull to demand something else because what you got wasn't special or didn't set you apart from the free players.

Seems to be a growing trend on the forums as of late, I'm a subscriber! I should get something special that sets me apart from all the other snow flakes!

Which is ironic when you consider a subscriber might only provides $15 a month vs a free player who could easily double that in a week.

Lastly, "Game is becoming a cash shop." Well welcome to free to play. You all wanted it so here it is in all its glory. :rolleyes:

First, it's not something for nothing. It's something because you have a subscription. It really costs BW nothing to just give you CC. They don't have to design anything, patch anything or make a new system. This is a half assed way to say thank you to subscribers who want more content.

Will I take it? Sure. But being a sub, and having money, if I want something I just buy it anyways. This doesn't really help out all that much as there is not a lot on the CM that I want to buy atm.

Sure, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but you can't deny that it is kind of a crap way to show you care. I mean try it on your wife/husband/gf/bf. Hey honey, I know it's our anniversary, I got you a gift card to walmart because I know you do the grocery shopping there.

You may not like that people are kind of rejecting the 500CC. But you have to see it through our eyes and stop calling people names. It's rather annoying. Especially when we're talking about subjective crap that is different for everyone.

Sure, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but you can't deny that it is kind of a crap way to show you care. I mean try it on your wife/husband/gf/bf. Hey honey, I know it's our anniversary, I got you a gift card to walmart because I know you do the grocery shopping there.

You may not like that people are kind of rejecting the 500CC. But you have to see it through our eyes and stop calling people names. It's rather annoying. Especially when we're talking about subjective crap that is different for everyone.

Try the following on your gf/bf/wife/husband then:

Hey honey, I know you were saving up for that expecive jewelry/tv/screen/car, but instead of helping you with that by adding on to the funds you already got, I bought you this nice pullover/dog(that you will take for a walk each day from now on!).

I surely do prefer the money.

Bioware had absolutely no chance to make a gift that the majority of players would be happy with. So giving us money to spend in any way we want, they at least did not give us a pullover or socks or a new tie.

Hey honey, I know you were saving up for that expecive jewelry/tv/screen/car, but instead of helping you with that by adding on to the funds you already got, I bought you this nice pullover/dog(that you will take for a walk each day from now on!).

Bioware had absolutely no chance to make a gift that the majority of players would be happy with. So giving us money to spend in any way we want, they at least did not give us a pullover or socks or a new tie.

And then imagine your gf/bf/wife/husband saying: "Thanks, but I already bought (enter whatever) last week". So I do not prefer money. Well, not even money, fake money that buys digital stuff that can be reproduced on demand. Just saying, if they wanted to show us they cared in this situation, they should have built us a terrible mount. At least then I would have given them credit for giving a present rather than a gift card.

And if you're happy with it, that's cool. I'm just pointing out that people should not be angry with other people who are not as thrilled that's all.

Bioware had absolutely no chance to make a gift that the majority of players would be happy with.

This is the core issue right here. A half a million subscribers.. all with different interests, tastes, etc. No way to please them with any single selected gift. Evidence the whining and crying about every free gift or incentive item in the game since launch. Evidence the 500CCs right this instant.

But the CC coin approach IS an appreciation gift and it does give the most players the most freedom of choice as to what they would like to turn that appreciation into in terms of digital content.

And seriously folks... some of you act like any subscriber gift in this game = real life gifts. IT'S ALL DIGITAL CONTENT. You can't take it with you when you leave, and you can't use it to barter for Cheetos and donuts either. It's not real. You are melting down over virtual content. Can you get anymore petty?

Edited by Andryah

• Dev Post

What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.

[...]Just saying, if they wanted to show us they cared in this situation, they should have built us a terrible mount.[...]

And then people would have said "bahh, another mount, I already got 2 dozen of them, what do I need another one for? You could have at least made it faster than 110% and better looking" (note that "better looking" would have been said regardless of its appearance).

The exact same thing could be said about pets or any piece of clothing or dye.

So if you cannot please all, try please as many as you can... and that was definitely done with giving the players the option to buy, what they would like most.

And I am not saying, that you are wrong... You got a different opinion, which is fine. I am just not happy with this thread in total although the thread title is as fitting as hardly any other title on here... as indeed I do call the OP all that.

Edited by JPryde

I have wondered. Of the subscribers, how many of us actually go on the forums. Being generous 10%?

If this is actually the case. 90% of the subscribers had no idea (or just some hint in general chat) anything was coming. So for them the extra 500 CC was a complete surprise and they are probably very happy.

What JPryde said.

Reminds me of one time when I told my wife I had a present for her, and she got all excited. When she saw it was just a movie DvD she couldn't hide her disappointment and said in disbelief 'THAT'S MY PRESENT?!' I would have been better off not announcing the present in advance, or just giving her a gift card with funds on it instead.

Alright, I don't have a problem with the 500 CC. If you look in my history you'll see I supported it in fact. But this post just changed my mind. If you whispered sweet nothings into your wife's ear for days about how you were going to appreciate her this weekend, and then wind up giving her a dvd she'd have every right to smack you. A more appropriate analogy would be giving her a 5 dollar coupon for a 40 dollar day spa.

What JPryde said.

Can't believe you're dragging your wife into forum discussion, but try getting her a gift card for the next bday/anni/holiday. Let me know how well that goes over. Fact remains, you guys dropped the ball on this one in a big way. You couldn't see our faces, but it was probably the same look your wife gave you. We told you this cartel market b.s. was making us angry. You hyped some big magical customer appreciation thing to win us back. Then you gave us the equivalent of $5 starbucks card. Just go ahead and say publicly that you guys would rather this game be 100% f2p/preferred, because that's how you're treating it.

I've already said on the forums that a meaningful sign of customer appreciation would have been a permanent (diamonds are forever) across-the-board (your love should be unconditional) discount on all cartel coin purchases.

Edited by Whizle

Alright, I don't have a problem with the 500 CC. If you look in my history you'll see I supported it in fact. But this post just changed my mind. If you whispered sweet nothings into your wife's ear for days about how you were going to appreciate her this weekend, and then wind up giving her a dvd she'd have every right to smack you. A more appropriate analogy would be giving her a 5 dollar coupon for a 40 dollar day spa.

Wait... wut? you know Bruce's wife?

I ask, because how can you possibly present an accurate analogy about the relationship between two people you never met and do not know??

OIC.. you were projecting stereotype. :p

Can't believe you're dragging your wife into forum discussion, but try getting her a gift card for the next bday/anni/holiday. Let me know how well that goes over. Fact remains, you guys dropped the ball on this one in a big way. You couldn't see our faces, but it was probably the same look your wife gave you. We told you this cartel market b.s. was making us angry. You hyped some big magical customer appreciation thing to win us back. Then you gave us the equivalent of $5 starbucks card. Just go ahead and say publicly that you guys would rather this game be 100% f2p/preferred, because that's how you're treating it.

So true.

I'm not shocked it revolved around the cartel market once again. After all, in the conference call it will look really well to say how much more movement happened in the market (although it was inflated due to spawned Coins).

What I am shocked about is he posted about his wife being so materialistic that even a thought out gift from her husband was received in displeasure. (Unless of course he bought a movie that was really for himself but gave it to her)

The whole thing just starts falling apart at that point.

What JPryde said.

If there's one thing demeaning and undermining the value of being a subscriber, that's the cartel shop. You gave subscribers coins to spend on the shop. I find that kind of ironic. In a sad way.

If there's one thing demeaning and undermining the value of being a subscriber, that's the cartel shop. You gave subscribers coins to spend on the shop. I find that kind of ironic. In a sad way.

lol 500 cc was a slap to the face. GIVE IN to the Market!