Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

I suppose it's better than nothing; it definitely feels like a last minute card with some cash stuffed in it rather than an actual meaningful gesture.

It's also extremely clear that they missed the core of the subscriber unrest. It wasn't, "gee won't don't you give us free stuff," it was that nearly every single item added since f2p launch has been cartel market related. So throwing us some of your (free to you) coins, and then charging us for the second part (never charged a friend a fee to unwrap a gift), really doesn't address the unrest.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Extra 500 CC coins? will this be a regular thing every month now ?

Or will Subs still only get the standard 500 CC every month?

For now, it looks to be a one time bonus. But who knows? Maybe it will become part of an annual appreciation thing :)

Solution: buy items from the CM with your free coins and send them to /random_American then.

But then again.. we know that's not going to happen, right?

So your complaint is pure hyperbole.

I haven't bought anything. So I am no hypocrite, Its just a ridiculous ploy to people who aren't American.

Hmmm clearly two sides of the argument here. Those who love BW for giving them 500 cartel points and are looking forward to an uber cool item for 10 cartel coins.

Then there are those people who expected more than a few cartel coins and a promise that they might be able to buy something cool for only 10 coins.

Me I fall into the latter I had no idea what they would offer us but just giving us a monthly allowance of cartel coins doesn't make me feel appreciated I already have 5000+ of the things because I don't want anything on the cartel market. The promise of the item again seems like a trick promise something uber cool keep people subbing and when it arrives and its crap, say "This may not have been to your tastes but something even better will be round the corner if you keep subbing" Which unfortunately turns out to be just as naff. I also don't know why this was a secret, I suspect its because if you look back what people hoped to get was vastly more than 500 cartel coins and so hope probably kept more people subbing than 500 coins would.

I know the fanboyz will flame me for my views and this was a "Free" gift I only have to pay 15 bucks a month to get it, and they did not have to do this. They also don't have to keep the servers up, release content or do anything but they might want to if they want to keep subs and they may actually want to make all subs not just fanboyz feel appreciated.

Hmm, not everyone is a force user in this game you know ;) i'm sure theyll add something to appeal for everyone.

Maybe Revans seat cushion from the Ebon Hawke? It will allow you to sit anywhere for any amount of time. The force was strong in that one after all.

So, the sub appreciation is 500 cartel coins and something you can buy for 10 coins in the future? Now I feel really valued... :rolleyes:

I don't know but... I think fans should really get worried. For quite some time, BIoawre seems to be pushing the Cartel Market a lot. Why can't Bioware think of something to appreciate the subscribers where it will not be about the Cartel Market? There are other ways out there... like a speeder, or a content...

Pushing Cartel Market too much might hurt the integrity of the game and might turn the game into a cash-shop instead of a MMO with real content. Dunno just a thought....

First, the encrypted data cubes, then the Ewok companion bypassing the legacy requirement and now this 500 Cartel Coins. It looks like Bioware wants to see if subscribers are foolish enough to spend coins on the cartel market.... I guess it's really up to the susbcribers whether or not they want the game to pursue the route of Cartel market MMO or want BIoware to force them to release an actual content.

Either way, we'll see if SWTOR will turn in a full cash-shop in a year or two.

Edited by Mark-JPS

I am not complaining about the coins but you are wrong about the price of the packs. They are 320 each. There is only one set of pack that is 160 the other 3 are 320. I suggest you check the prices before you state how much they are.

The pack that is 160 is the one I was talking about and that you confirmed just now. Is there a pack worth 160? Yes? Then my information is accurate. I never said ALL packs are 160. I suggest you understand what people are talking about before you correct them.

I can just see the conversation at Bioware that lead up to this:

"The subscribers are feeling undervalued. All the dev time is going into stuff for the cartel market"

"So....what can we do to show some appreciation?"

"...."

"I know, throw them some free coins"

*facepalm*

Nice to see they've put some time and effort into appreciating their loyal subscriber base.

... available for one day only! ...

Awesome timing, you know with it being summer holidays when some of us can expect to be away from the game for a week or two!

Really hope this will be a recurring item that pops up randomly for one day at a time.

[Edit: The above was a bit of a knee jerk response before all the information was out, not something I'd normally do ;)

Now I just have to make sure I can get to my pc on the 15th of July, and even if I miss that deadline at least the title will be tradeable so I could get a guildie to pick one up for me or catch one on the GTN.]

Edited by Vhaegrant

Awesome timing, you know with it being summer holidays when some of us can expect to be away from the game for a week or two!

Really hope this will be a recurring item that pops up randomly for one day at a time.

This! I'll be heading out for vacation towards the end of the month, and I can potentially lose out on something because of poor timing. I know I'm not the only one looking at taking for vacation time. Its not like a event that goes over at least a couple of days. I think this is bad planning.

It would be nice if they announce beforehand when this "one day" will occur, so we can make our plans to have access to a computer with the game client on that "one day".

Eric, please?

I plan on going to San Diego for four days to attend your Cantina Tour.

I don't want to miss this "one day" because I went.

:cool:

The pack that is 160 is the one I was talking about and that you confirmed just now. Is there a pack worth 160? Yes? Then my information is accurate. I never said ALL packs are 160. I suggest you understand what people are talking about before you correct them.

No. And way to get defensive. You said "Packs are 160 each" as in packs, not pack. It's perfectly understandable he/she'd read/interpret it that way.

Edited by Luxidenstore

I'm not saying I don't necessarily appreciate the tree-fitty in store credit, but I think the concept of "subscriber appreciation" is still sort of not be fulfilled here. Saying "here's a coupla bucks, go buy something nice" isn't really the same as "we like the fact that you pay for our product every month". I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what most players mean when they say subscriber appreciation...they want more value out of that month-to-month fee.

For me, the 500 CC is like finding $20 tucked inside a birthday card -- it doesn't change my world, but it is appreciated.

Thanks! :)

My character was stuck in a piece of equipment, and I logged off, and back on, trying to extricate myself. Just as I logged back on, the "Cartel Coins Have Been Added to Your Account!" banner appeared. I thought, "What? Trying to get loose from this stupid piece of equipment triggered a CC purchase? Dang ..." :eek:

Timing is everything. :D

Just cancelled my subscription over this "appreciation gift", I feel like it's a huge slap on the subscribers face. I would've been more than happy with a title or a pet or something similar, but 500 CC is just too cheap and lazy and lacks "appreciation". :mad:

I can just see the conversation at Bioware that lead up to this:

"The subscribers are feeling undervalued. All the dev time is going into stuff for the cartel market"

"So....what can we do to show some appreciation?"

"...."

"I know, throw them some free coins"

*facepalm*

Nice to see they've put some time and effort into appreciating their loyal subscriber base.

loool pretty accurate that

Just cancelled my subscription over this "appreciation gift", I feel like it's a huge slap on the subscribers face. I would've been more than happy with a title or a pet or something similar, but 500 CC is just too cheap and lazy and lacks "appreciation". :mad:

That's good. It might make Bioware to work hard more. The only time Bioware will wake up to their senses if they lose another 250K subscribers or worse have a base of only 100K every month. Sometimes Bioware needs a wake up call if they want to make that 500K subscribers intact for the years to come.