Am I Doing Somthing Wrong?

MarshalNeyo

I keep hearing how people can hit 5k and over hits with maul. For myself, the highest hit I can remember as a 50 right now was 4.3k. I'm running 0/27/13 with all Battlemaster stalker implants, Battlemaster bracers, Battlemaster relic with crit and surge stats, lvl 50 matrix cube with +60 endurance and +56 willpower and surge and crit stats. Also got Battlemaster stalker lightsaber and the offhand to go with it. I currently have been working towards WH so I have my WH Chest and leggings. The rest is Battlemaster stalker gear (headgear, belt, handgear, and boots or shoes whtevr).

My Surge rating is 76.03% and my crit rating is 31.03%. Should I be hitting higher? I'm using my abilities when the proper procs are up and stuff so I just wanted to know. Thanks in advance.

Well I hit 7k just the other day with maul on some sage but my power is also at 1250. Once you start getting WH it gets better when you can min/max. I run all power mods/enhancements with I think one or two crit mods so my crit chance buffed is at 25% and so far I have not experienced any noticeable drop in dps.

Ahhh so with WH gear you can take out the mods/ enhancements without disrupting the set bonus? It seems my crit chance is around 36% now with 3 pieces of WH but my maul hits around 4k average so I'm ok with that. Just wanted to know how you guys were hitting higher than 5k.

First of all, if you're running 0/27/13 you didn't spend one point, so that could be your problem.

You're in mostly Battlemaster gear so it could just be a gear issue.

Also, with that spec you want around 25% crit unbuffed, making for a total of 30% buffed and a surge around 75%, once you hit those marks you just stack power, you could have really low power. Right now my Force bonus damage is around 930 and I hit 5k+ mauls all the time.

Now to answer your question, yes, you are doing something wrong.

Edited by Squidkidz

Try to deliberately pick targets in light armor when your Duplicity procs and you have the 2 points in tier 3 Induction right? So thrash 2x and make sure u have the proc and maul away on a light armor target w/o any shields up - you might also be getting taunted / aoe taunted so try to record yourself just in case. Lots of factors could be causing the issue at hand :)

Ahhh so with WH gear you can take out the mods/ enhancements without disrupting the set bonus? It seems my crit chance is around 36% now with 3 pieces of WH but my maul hits around 4k average so I'm ok with that. Just wanted to know how you guys were hitting higher than 5k.

Yes you should work on optimizing when you hit full WH. I would grab the set bonus on the stalker gear and then work on getting what you need. I cannot think of the specific pieces you need off the top of my head but I pick the ones with high power low endurance. It makes a pretty big difference from stock WH to optimized. With the change from 1.6 its easier than ever to do this.

First of all, if you're running 0/27/13 you didn't spend one point, so that could be your problem.

You're in mostly Battlemaster gear so it could just be a gear issue.

Also, with that spec you want around 25% crit unbuffed, making for a total of 30% buffed and a surge around 75%, once you hit those marks you just stack power, you could have really low power. Right now my Force bonus damage is around 930 and I hit 5k+ mauls all the time.

Now to answer your question, yes, you are doing something wrong.

Ya, I meant to say 0/27/14, typo on my part. As of right now I have 37% crit buffed and 75% surge buffed. My power needs to come up quite a bit. My force bonus damage is 647.. I believe most of the crit is coming from the remaining BM pieces I have that have no power stats and only have crit stats with no surge so once I get all my WH, I'll start buying some additional pieces of the WH and start mixing around the mods. My power is only around 70+ because all of my pieces of BM have almost no power what so ever. The power I have is coming from the WH pieces.

So, like you said it might be a gear issue more than anything. Also, Relic of Boundless Ages is the best for me right? +41 End +57 Exp +113 Power. I totally screwed up in the part of me still having Matrix Cube M7-R3. It had +56 End +66 Will +27 Crit but the tradeoff with the Boundless Age's relic is definitely worth it. I guess the lack of power is the serious issue.

Try to deliberately pick targets in light armor when your Duplicity procs and you have the 2 points in tier 3 Induction right? So thrash 2x and make sure u have the proc and maul away on a light armor target w/o any shields up - you might also be getting taunted / aoe taunted so try to record yourself just in case. Lots of factors could be causing the issue at hand :)

Yep, 2 points in Induction. Totally forgot that Induction also boosts the crit strike damage of maul when its up... I always focused on getting Induction for the reduced shock cost. Anyways, besides my screw up with Induction, I use my rotation and the buffs correctly. I always go after the healers first but it seems every team I get on wants to attack the tank that's in their face while the healers are in the back are having a party. :(