Where / How to respec?

ObiQuixote

On your fleet station, in the combat training area there is an NPC that will allow you to reset your skill tree.

Said NPC is closest the the lift on the right of your map in that part of the station :)

EDIT: My directions aren't great so

that shows you where you need to go (for republic at least) Edited by Lawrie

• 2 weeks later...
why does the loading screen tip still say that there is a button to respec on the trees?

I see that on the loading screen all the time. It's probably something that they are still working on adding into the game.

• 2 weeks later...
I see that on the loading screen all the time. It's probably something that they are still working on adding into the game.

Could be a bug when you click the icon at the top of the screen to bring up the skill tree. If you press the inventory icon the Reverse engineering button won't be there. You press "I" and it's there.

Not sure what the skill tree key is but try pressing that and see if the button shows up.

why does the loading screen tip still say that there is a button to respec on the trees?

I saw a loading screen that reminded me to update my bind point when going to a new zone. I think the tips in the loading screen weren't updated after they made these changes to the game. I wasn't in the beta test, but I assume at one point they allowed you to respec in the talent area and the tip just never got taken out.

For those looking to respec on the Imperial side, go to co-ordinates (X,Y) 4770, 4520 on the main imperial fleet where all vendors are.

For those looking to respec on the Republic side, go to co-ordinates (X,Y) 4640, 4880 on the main imperial fleet where all vendors are.

There are several other places in the game to respec, but these are the two most commonly used since everyone has access to the fleet.

You can view your current co-ordinates by pressing M and looking at the top left side of your map screen.

Quite the opposite, it was in beta for testing and removed for launch. I've still never seen the loading screen tip about it though.

I just saw that tip earlier today, it's still there. I think it's supposed to say you can click "Reset" to undo your choices before you click "Commit" if you want to redo the whole thing. There's also another tip that says if you want to unlearn your talents to visit a Skill Mentor, just saw that one 5 minutes ago.

• 11 months later...
In the Legacy Tree you can purchase, with Cartel Points, The Respec Button. It then shows up in the Talent Tree. Based on if your a Subscriber, Preferred or Free Account will determined how much it will cost you. The good thing is you'll be able to to Respec anywhere. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...