Really...? Zombies?

Zemeckiss

I don't remember in any starwars lore of there ever being any undead and Rakghouls are not undead.

Obvious troll. And you obviously have never played KOTOR, SWG post Death Troopers patch, and such.

Rakghouls arent zombies, believe it or not Nekghouls are totally in control of themselves.

I have to admit, I watched the trailer and thought....."oh god.. seriously... zombies?"

They may well not be Zombies, but still, a deranged, glowy eyed staggering assailant, isnt a million miles away from one and I think the games industry is drowning in Zombies. If its not COD modes, Left For Dead or even the new Naughty Dog IP it just seems like theres no imagination out there.

I hate to admit it, but id rather a stupid Panda, too yet another tired 28 Days later style enemy... *yawn*

Star Wars: Death Troopers

Book Description

Series: Star Wars | Publication Date: October 13, 2009

When the Imperial prison barge Purge–temporary home to five hundred of the galaxy’s most ruthless killers, rebels, scoundrels, and thieves–breaks down in a distant, uninhabited part of space, its only hope appears to lie with a Star Destroyer found drifting, derelict, and seemingly abandoned. But when a boarding party from the Purge is sent to scavenge for parts, only half of them come back–bringing with them a horrific disease so lethal that within hours nearly all aboard the Purge die in ways too hideous to imagine.

And death is only the beginning.

The Purge’s half-dozen survivors–two teenage brothers, a sadistic captain of the guards, a couple of rogue smugglers, and the chief medical officer, the lone woman on board–will do whatever it takes to stay alive. But nothing can prepare them for what lies waiting aboard the Star Destroyer amid its vast creaking emptiness that isn’t really empty at all. For the dead are rising: soulless, unstoppable, and unspeakably hungry.

Lore, books, LMAO! Like any of that really matters. People love zombies, and especially killing them, don't see why it's an issue.. Waxing intellectual about fictional stories is pointless.

Thank you! I thought I was the only person that was shaking my head as I read this thread.

Its star wars, its supposed to be empire vs republic. But they are both player factions, its very difficult to progress a story without one side claiming bias (its wow all over again), so you end up with some new, neutral enemy to fight that no one really gives a crap about.

Star Wars: Death Troopers

Book Description

Series: Star Wars | Publication Date: October 13, 2009

When the Imperial prison barge Purge–temporary home to five hundred of the galaxy’s most ruthless killers, rebels, scoundrels, and thieves–breaks down in a distant, uninhabited part of space, its only hope appears to lie with a Star Destroyer found drifting, derelict, and seemingly abandoned. But when a boarding party from the Purge is sent to scavenge for parts, only half of them come back–bringing with them a horrific disease so lethal that within hours nearly all aboard the Purge die in ways too hideous to imagine.

And death is only the beginning.

The Purge’s half-dozen survivors–two teenage brothers, a sadistic captain of the guards, a couple of rogue smugglers, and the chief medical officer, the lone woman on board–will do whatever it takes to stay alive. But nothing can prepare them for what lies waiting aboard the Star Destroyer amid its vast creaking emptiness that isn’t really empty at all. For the dead are rising: soulless, unstoppable, and unspeakably hungry.

Also Red Harvest which is set in the Old Republic era.

Obvious troll. And you obviously have never played KOTOR, SWG post Death Troopers patch, and such.

Rakghouls arent zombies, believe it or not Nekghouls are totally in control of themselves.

People are so quick to call others trolls. Sorry bud, I'm not a troll, it was a realistic question.

If anything, I wish they would add an optional faction, available to 'join' as sith or republic, the rhakghoul/zombie faction! Would be interesting to say the least getting a "corruption" effect on your characters face/features, and being able to kill either republic or sith players lol. Would certainly satiate the FFA PVP lovers (myself included)

New patch is just fine...

If Bioware released new flashpoint inside a spaceship people would complain how we have another indoor instance.

If Bioware released a flashpoint with robots as enemies people would complain about how boring those enemies are.

If Bioware released a flashpoint with a ghost town infested with rakghouls people would complain about rakghouls reminding them of zombies.

Oh come on

Also Red Harvest which is set in the Old Republic era.

Ding.

Also suggested that the whole thing started due to ancient Sith Sorcery in the first place, so, it's fine as far as I'm concerned.

Just as long as it stays limited to this one series of missions/etc.