Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

CourtneyWoods

Not impressed.

I bet it will have more cartel crap to come with it. Instead of letting subscribers earn things they want. The Cartel is RUINING this game imo. The 3 or 4 Cartel things I would ever actually want are ridiculous prices on GTN. Why cant people just BUY WHAT THEY WANT using they EARNED and PAID FOR cartel coins? Prize boxes do not interest me...EVER!! If I cant buy EXACTLY what I want, since I EARNED THE COINS, I will not do it. Ever.

More stupid pointless pets/statues that just take up inventory.

More pointless titles.

More grinding and repetition.

No furthering of companion story or marriage. NOTHING!!!

No further Legacy perks (which makes even having Legacy anymore pointless)

No fixing of bugs that have been around since day 1

No ARMOR DYE SYSTEM

Yes, I am not impressed. It will just be more grinding, less fun.

Great.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see much, on the main website it was advertised as game play vid, little to no game play seen. And this should be freely accessible for subscribers imo.

Or do the subscribers pay for up keeping the current game only and not for the development and new content?

I love the game but will never pay for this because I already pay € 144,- a year! Should be enough right?

And what do you get? Another planet only? Little to no info on what to come. Sorry I will not support this but wish all a nice time on that planet and hope for them it is worth the money they payed.

If the next add on will include a new sector with planets and new content, then I can agree with the additional fee.

Way back in the day Makeb was going to be free to subscribers but of course this was before the dark times before....the Cartel Market.

TBH I'm more hacked that I can't pay for it using CC.

Do agree with the comments on the video though for a gameplay video it showed a startling lack of anything resembling gameplay. I would like a sneak peak at a skill tree and preferably a quest conversation for the next video so I can actually make a reasoned judgement about it.

Some people are so easily pleased.

Lot's of "It looks awesome" on here. What looks awesome? They barely showed anything.

BioWare still hasn't said anything other then constantly repeat the name of the planet and the word Hutt.

What did show us is Makeb, the city, the surroundings, the airships etc. And his inhabitants, most importantly the guards and the Hutt. I thought all of that 'looks awesome' - the visuals are stunning and the planet itself is very original looking (I looked at the new concept art too) and it looks like they've altogether upped the game concerning design.

Sure we didn't see anything else e.g. gameplay, story - all we saw was the environment, which was awesome. Hope that answers your question.

Not that that really matters anyway, it is a 'teaser' trailer and likely the first of many. You just have to be patient. And guess what? If you pay £6 you get to see the whole thing! :eek:

(And don't say you want to make sure you get your money's worth, £6 for an entire planet is a bargain - considering I'm aware that DmC are charging £4 for a couple of 'Dante' skins)

It looks and sounds interesting. I read this on the ROTHC page: "Experience 5 new levels, including story-driven missions, as the level cap increases to 55!"

http://www.swtor.com/rothc

Story driven missions? I take that to mean there are going to be new missions and such available.

I'm becoming tempted to pre-order. I'm going to wait a bit longer for more info. However, the temptation is getting stronger.

It looks and sounds interesting. I read this on the ROTHC page: "Experience 5 new levels, including story-driven missions, as the level cap increases to 55!"

http://www.swtor.com/rothc

Story driven missions? I take that to mean there are going to be new missions and such available.

I'm becoming tempted to pre-order. I'm going to wait a bit longer for more info. However, the temptation is getting stronger.

Well yeah, definitely going to be a big planet quest and subquests. Else the planet would kinda stink. However I don't think were going to see a Chapter 4 just yet, not only have they avoided answering that question (meaning the answer is no) but they haven't advertised it at all.

And pre-order now! Its only £6 and you get a whole planet, 5 new levels, new abilites, new gear, new skill points, exclusive early access and you get to support BioWare! Yay! No but seriously, the more money you chuck at these guys, the more likely it is we'll get more content, and possible a Chapter 4. Buy it! :D

EDIT: Actually its probably best you wait until the price gets bumped up. More money for BioWare! :p

P.S. I am not a BioWare employee... no really, I'm not. Just a fan, that's all.

I'll trade Hutts for more *********** body types any day.

Whoever thought of going from anorexic teenager, to average skinny *** joe, to super steroids, to fat **** needs to be let go.

Same with the guy who thought of the dumb *** hair styles.

imo, trailers are trailers, and gameplay is gameplay.

and why the hell should a subscriber be paying extra money for new stuff? i really dont get it.

i agree but it is an expansion such do cost like in wow whit all the Expansions where you need to buy the new cover cause you need the cd to instal and such but yeah it could be free but then we should more or less have bader stuff (dont know if it is a English word) like they could clip some stuff away and set it into another expansion coming later or in a new patch or whit the other thing it is called....update.

Of course subbers have to pay for the expansion..... our $15/mo only pays for the server maint. and running keeping that gimmick of a cartel market freshly "stocked" so BioWare can make that quick "on-demand impulse" money from FTP people!!!

That's it?!!?? A stupid marketing cinematic? Almost none of that video will be what you get during gameplay. I saw maybe 1 or 2 seconds of what MIGHT be gameplay. There is no way I'll preorder based on that video...and I seriously doubt the "expansion" will be out by spring anyway. Maybe in time for Christmas...maybe. And that's if they've even really started working on it. I strongly suspect that the reason the devs won't talk about what's in it is because there is nothing to talk about. People seem to forget how long EA strung us along (years!) before finally releasing a broken game. I love SW so much and keep coming back to this game hoping against hope it's improved, but very little has. Grrrrrr... It's no wonder why the Bioware founders quit EA en-mass.

I'll put my $10 in the bank and by the time the expansion comes out I'll have made enough money in interest to buy the expansion and probably a new computer.

That's it?!!?? A stupid marketing cinematic? Almost none of that video will be what you get during gameplay. I saw maybe 1 or 2 seconds of what MIGHT be gameplay. There is no way I'll preorder based on that video...and I seriously doubt the "expansion" will be out by spring anyway. Maybe in time for Christmas...maybe. And that's if they've even really started working on it. I strongly suspect that the reason the devs won't talk about what's in it is because there is nothing to talk about. People seem to forget how long EA strung us along (years!) before finally releasing a broken game. I love SW so much and keep coming back to this game hoping against hope it's improved, but very little has. Grrrrrr... It's no wonder why the Bioware founders quit EA en-mass.

I'll put my $10 in the bank and by the time the expansion comes out I'll have made enough money in interest to buy the expansion and probably a new computer.

I want your bank

Didn't see much, on the main website it was advertised as game play vid, little to no game play seen. And this should be freely accessible for subscribers imo.

Or do the subscribers pay for up keeping the current game only and not for the development and new content?

I love the game but will never pay for this because I already pay € 144,- a year! Should be enough right?

And what do you get? Another planet only? Little to no info on what to come. Sorry I will not support this but wish all a nice time on that planet and hope for them it is worth the money they payed.

If the next add on will include a new sector with planets and new content, then I can agree with the additional fee.

Unfortunately ... I agree with you. Swtor is my best game ever, ok, at par with wow. But this can be very very hardly called EXPANSION. And I'm still subbed after more then 1 year even if not actively playing for last half year. Have continued to be subbed as kind of support to counteract so many haters swtor has. Never did something like that in my life (50 currently).

But now I'm disappointed. And very sad at same time. This should never be called expansion but added only as free content. I would prefer waiiting for another year and get expansion worth original game. AND WHAT IS WORST ONE OF BEST PARTS OF SWTOR ARE MISSING FROM THIS "EXPANSION". Still thinking about ... but is more and more likely I will cancel my sub. For pure emotional reasons I have remained subscriber so far. Sure, will return to play "expansion" when It comes time, no doubt about, but .... Ah, ... I'm so sad.

I would have to agree as this being simply an add-on. I played CoH for nearly 10yrs.... This new planet is simply a new zone..... On CoH, new zones were part of the sub...... As well as the content associated with the new zone.

When CoH had an actual expansion you paid for it.... but it was an entire new "section" with 5 new zones, story line, and of course content.

There is a big difference between an add-on and an expansion when you are asking for people's money.,....

I love this game. I'm not buying this "expansion".

I play this game for the character storylines. They aren't continuing so, sadly, I will most likely stop playing.

Chucking money at them is probably the best way to ensure new expansions, and therefore character storylines. So if you want that to continue, I'd buy it. I get the idea that Chapter 4 is in the works as developers have been talking about new story, but I doubt it will be produced if BioWare simply aren't making enough money.