Bugged or just bad luck?

-ThEoNe-

Really not too sure why, but companions at max affection with + crit to slicing that were returning the purple mat about 1 out of every 3 missions have gone extremely dry. I'm talking about close to 50+ missions across 3 toons (2 of them dont have the +crit, but still max affection) without a single purple drop. Is this just a stream of horrible, terrible luck or is anyone else having the same problem? Edited by -ThEoNe-

• 6 months later...
Sorry, yes, meant to say slicing. But again, i have hit this dry spot for some reason. This is the third time it has happened to me, close to somewhere between 40-50 missions between 4 different toons now without a single purple drop. Not sure why this is happening, but I did notice this tends to happen after updates. Coincidence or not, i don't think the rates should be this low, especially when my buddies are getting close to 8-10 thermal regulators a day with only 1-2 toons. I'm running double the missions they are and have yet to see a single thermal regulator since the update.

Seems to be much concern about this in the forums. I have been taking your crits I think. I have been getting extremely lucky with Slicing crits with my sith warrior. Which doesn't even have a slicing bonus. I get frustrated sometimes with this game and the REing and crits. But sometimes I get a string of good luck. I think now I told you this I will have my string of bad luck.

Jeez, pass some my way! Just tallied up the money and returns i have gotten as of today. Have spent over 400k, and have 12 thermal regulators. Not sure why, but that doesn't seem quite right :rak_02:

Have just made my 4th slicer, and hes already off to a bad start. Over 100k spent on him alone without any thermal regs. To do a little project, i xfered over 4 thermal regs to my bounty hunter (who had zero credits) and sold them on the GTN for a total of 115k. Then did nothing but spend that money on trying to get more thermal regs. Not a single one for 115k credits. This RNG is just frustrating.

Same here. 50+ missions with 10K affection and +2 crit comps and have 4 thermal regulators to show. Only run "unsliceable" and "watching the watchdog". Others must have been lot more lucky course the price for the regulator on GTN is quite low (36K here), so there must be enough supply.

I have one slicing toon, which has 1 companion that is a slicer, then HK-51 which has a crit as well to missions. The sad part is I never crit with either of those two and only crit with my commpanion that has + 5 to another gathering skill. It's like they messed up who suppose to crit on what, and yes I tend to get about two stacks before I get 2-4 thermal regulators then go dry again till another stack or two. All 40 of my companions are max affection on the 8 class storys I have done.

Same here. 50+ missions with 10K affection and +2 crit comps and have 4 thermal regulators to show. Only run "unsliceable" and "watching the watchdog". Others must have been lot more lucky course the price for the regulator on GTN is quite low (36K here), so there must be enough supply.

The reg on the Prophecy of the Five is hovering around 25k, which makes me both happy and sad lol. There are definitely the more lucky people. My friend gets them by the boatloads.