Bioware please continue class stories

Adaliaya

There are threads on this, I agree. I want them too. Lookup the cantina tour at Atlanta...you'll like what you hear.

Q:" So will we see any new class stories?"

A:" ---we recognize the want of these features in the game, that's all we can say. We just see how much the players want this."

I would also love a continuation of class stories. But isn't it an extremely expensive endeavor? The current budget (especially with EA around) probably doesn't have room for that kind of undertaking. Voice talent--GOOD voice talent--isn't cheap. Re-hiring all the voice talent for more extensive dialogue if the game is suddenly more successful and EA/Bioware has the money to blow could mean said voice talent charging a higher rate for their services.

I think money and EA are the biggest obstacles here, in that right now I don't know that swtor is actually generating enough extra money to justify such a large project, and I think we can all agree EA would rather sprinkle all that money on their corn flakes and eat it for breakfast with their shareholders.

When you consider that the original budget was estimated at $200m, how much do you think of that was for generating the story content? I am going to say that even if you underestimate at $15m ( I would go closer to $80-100m), then EA can never make enough money to do it again. Even if they were only to add 1/5 of the extra content that is still coming in at $3m-$15m they need to find.

I am not sure what the current subscriber base is but I believe someone claimed 200-300k? So you are looking at needing to get an extra guaranteed $6-8 per month for a year, or everyone to pay a one off upgrade of say $30. It is just too risky, and no chance if it is an optional cost or add-on as not everyone would pay. I think the only way it could happen is if they make it somehow non-optional, which would get the people screaming here about cash grab, etc, etc, what do I pay my subs for.... etc, etc

There are threads on this, I agree. I want them too. Lookup the cantina tour at Atlanta...you'll like what you hear.

Q:" So will we see any new class stories?"

A:" ---we recognize the want of these features in the game, that's all we can say. We just see how much the players want this."

Musco specifically addressed that here on forums later on. He said that answer ("we recognize....") was to a different question, not about the class stories one.

Unfortunately, it seems class stories were ditched for good, and unless there is some big change in management or whatever, that won't change.....

I would also love a continuation of class stories. But isn't it an extremely expensive endeavor? The current budget (especially with EA around) probably doesn't have room for that kind of undertaking. Voice talent--GOOD voice talent--isn't cheap. Re-hiring all the voice talent for more extensive dialogue if the game is suddenly more successful and EA/Bioware has the money to blow could mean said voice talent charging a higher rate for their services.

I think money and EA are the biggest obstacles here, in that right now I don't know that swtor is actually generating enough extra money to justify such a large project, and I think we can all agree EA would rather sprinkle all that money on their corn flakes and eat it for breakfast with their shareholders.

if you look at the quests on a planet each class has about 3, that's not much and if they said its to expensive i call them idiots.

I have played Makeb on a Assassin and Gaurdian and i have ZERO interest in touching it with my alts because i know its going to be 99.9% the same with only a minor amount of dialogue changes.

The next exp could easily add at least 3 or even 2 class missions they dont have to be huge but they would give me a incentive to play through with all my characters, if the next exp is exactly the same as Makeb then i doubt ill continue subbing this game and i doubt ill continue playing it.

if you look at the quests on a planet each class has about 3, that's not much and if they said its to expensive i call them idiots.

I have played Makeb on a Assassin and Gaurdian and i have ZERO interest in touching it with my alts because i know its going to be 99.9% the same with only a minor amount of dialogue changes.

The next exp could easily add at least 3 or even 2 class missions they dont have to be huge but they would give me a incentive to play through with all my characters, if the next exp is exactly the same as Makeb then i doubt ill continue subbing this game and i doubt ill continue playing it.

Might as well unsubscribe now there is no way they are going to add 24 class missions/stories. Too much cost, too little gain.

Bioware kind of set themselves up to fail with the story quests. It was insanely ambitious of them to attempt (and succeed) 8 completely different story lines. Now that the purse strings are essentially cut, and the game is being propped up on a relatively small sub base and cash shop. No shareholder company would ever allow for another massive expenditure of money for a seemingly small gain. Plus a lot of the stories come to a complete end so it is almost like they planned on this in the first place.

I was out of the game for over a year and recently came back to try the new content. To be honest the story arcs are what set this game apart from all the other mmos out there. So once I finally finish my last three 1-50 characters I will probably call it quits. In a F2P game I never expect major expansions only small content patches to keep money trickling in.

I know its expensive to hire voice actors but they're gonna relaese one ROTHC like expansion what for theyll have to hire then anyway:( too bad, I loved class stories but many of then, especially JK felt incomplete:(

I know its expensive to hire voice actors but they're gonna relaese one ROTHC like expansion what for theyll have to hire then anyway:( too bad, I loved class stories but many of then, especially JK felt incomplete:(

Those however generally don't have huge amounts of content and class specific things. Agree with other poster just too unlikely right now.

Even if they were to do the more likely. i.e. add a whole new mirrored class, if they got people to pay for it, the stink here would be huge, people would claim cash grab, etc. BW couldn't win with it, I would be all for making a new mirroe class with stories, charging $20 for it for subs, and not allowing f2p any access to it. It would go down like a lead balloon though..

I'd love more class story, but the fact is that this game is slowly dying. This hit home when I was on Korriban today and there were less than 100 people there. Galactic Starfigther revived the game for about two weeks before the whole affair died down. I'd say that Bioware is still making enough money from the game to comfortably keep the servers...for now. But look at the history of this game. To be brutally honest, it flopped. It was the fastest growing MMO ever, for about three months. Soon after it went Free to Play, and the Asia Pacific Servers closed down not long after that. And the Asia Pacific servers, were about as populated as the North American servers are now. I highly doubt that any major expansion will be released for this game again.