Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Understanding that there are a great deal more important issues on the table right now, I am curious if combat animations will ever be upgraded to reflect skill tree spec differences. Moreso than they do now.

For one example of many; the Marauder Ataru form vs. Shii Cho form. One is described as highly acrobatic while the other is fluid with random strikes and blocks. Currently a Carnage Marauder doesn't perform complicated flips, spins, and flourishes and neither does a Rage Marauder perform the graceful moves of Shii Cho. Do you think differences such as this will ever be addressed animation-wise for all the classes?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked through the Holonet and found the story about the new Mandalorian Champion to be very interesting - the fact that he won that title through what is essentially a PVP arena has so much potential. Do you have any plans of using Geonosis as a PVP hub world? You could create tiers of arena, and show a real visual progression as you move from one tier to the next e.g. the crowds get bigger and bigger. You could also implement a storyline of sorts, that only progresses as your character progresses within the Arena tiers. Such an implementation would make this game the best PVP mmo around.

How will ranked warzones work? After you create cross server pvp, would it be feasible to create more brackets for players based on win/loss ratio? For example you could make >75%, 55-75%, 45-55%, 25-45%, and <25%. Where players would float between these and end up fighting their equivalent opposition. You would have to start the W/L at 0/0 from when you initiate cross server pvp because otherwise people who have already pvped a lot would be stuck in the middle brackets where they may or may not belong. (This would only work if it further subdivided the 10-49 and the 50 brackets separately). P.S. Great game!

This is more of a quality of life:

Planetary Commendation

Is there a way to account bind them (share across all the characters on the same server/faction). Its a chore to switch between my 8 characters hunting for enough commendation to buy the mods for one of the alts. Alternatively, perhaps you can simplify/consolidate the commendations.

Also, can we add a mods vendor for PvP? I am just buying pvp weapon/armor and stripping it off them for my companion since it is easier to use than planet commendations.

When (and if) macro functionality will be added to the game?

Personally enjoy the usefulness of this feature.

OR, if the Dev's are afraid of spammers, or people boiling a class down to a few keys, two built in functions would do very nicely:

1. Commands to activate your relics. Perhaps something as simple "Relic Slot A & B."

This is to avoid sliding new buttons onto my UI each time I switch from PvP to PvE gear.

2. An equipment manager. Again, mostly for PvP to PvE switch. This avoids having to drag in bottom slot implant and relics.

Again, please implement the functionality which will show that such and such schematic is already known to a character. I really do not like to overpay at GTN for a schematic my character already knows (I have to maintain an off-game database of known schematics).

When will the upgraded schematics for scatterguns and vibroblades be available ?

Currently, re-engineering green (premium) scatterguns and vibroblades does not result in obtaining a new advanced schematic.

Now that the first month has passed and people have left the game, when are we going to see server transfers or mergers? There are entirely too many dead servers on either Republic or Empire sides or both. It's sad when, at peak times, the fleets have about 40-50 people in them. Some people don't want to have to wade through the leveling process again and, since picking a server when a game launches is an extremely inexact science, those people will wind up canceling their sub as opposed to leveling another toon. I understand that some people look at it as "failing", but true MMO people look at it as progress and understanding your game and community. Rift has done it and is doing very well for themselves. Please do something to fix this problem before you lose more subscribers due to your inactivity. And, no, I don't mean the community destroying devices that Blizzard has implemented like cross realm dungeon finders or battlegrounds. Thank you for your time.

Are you guys going to include/introduce more planets in patches or DLC?

Can you add to the character creation like say the voice or accent? I find it very annoying that every Sith is british/aussie.

More lightsaber colors like brown, purple, etc.?

Ability to have 2 Companions at once(pay for this?)

Ability to go to a character creator type vendor in your factions fleet to make any changes to your current toon?

Simply are there any plans to improve lightside vs darkside alignment rewards? I've suggested interchangeable casts/abilities with mirror class based on different ranks. Could you comment on how that may or may not work?

E.g. To explain a little further, lets say that at a rank of dark I, a jedi sage would get to swap telekentic throw for sith sorc force lightning (each rank might unlock one more optionally swappable abilities up to light/dark 5, strictly between mirror abilities/classes). I would love to see something along those lines to make dark jedi / moral sith have a more authentic lightside vs darkside experience!!! It would really add to depth, immersion, customization, and authenticity of each characters experience. :D

Edited by AdamGe

Will you give us some clarification on threat mechanics?

Specifically: Is there a threat component to all abilities separate from damage dealt? How does, for instance, Grapple for Powertechs work as it says it generates a large amount of threat? How do stuns/debuffs stack up against damage as far as threat generation?

Thanks for giving us this opportunity to get some direct feedback, it's a really excellent weekly feature.

What is the timeline on adding Same Gender Romance to the game and how will it be implemented? (With existing companions or new ones? Will there be [flirts] and one night stands as well?)

If that counts as more than one question, I'd be satisfied with a timeline.

I would love to see the addition of a vendor where we can change our current characters hairstyles, hair colors, makeup, tattoos, and so on. I frequently used this in another game and loved having so many options available to choose from, whenever the mood struck me. Any plans on introducing something like this? Hopefully with 1.2!