Dark/Light side points, infinite?

Tuzark

Greetings. I was wondering if there are a "set" amount of Dark and Light side points you can receive in the game, or if there are ways to get more once you do all the quests, for example?

Like, in case i am missing only a few points to get max Dark side because maybe i did a few light side choices, would i be able to get those last dark side points somehow even if i had already finished all the quests in the game?

Thanks in advance.

It takes 10k points to max out one side of your alignment bar, once your reach the max any points you get will reduce the number of points on the other side of the bar.

IE, you have 10k dark side points and 400 light side points, you will need to get 400 more dark side points to reduce the light side points to 0 and be at your max Dark alignment.

Okay, but let's say i have 10k Dark side points then, but ALSO have.. maybe 1k light side points, will that affect my chances of getting the best "Requires dark side ????" gear? Or is it okay as long as i have those 10k dark side points?

Also, would picking "too many" light side points stop me from being able to go 10k points dark side? Like i asked earlier, it would be nice to know if one can keep earning points "forever" or if it stops at some point.

once you hit the 10k mark, you can keep gaining points but instead of going over 10k, the points will start reducing the light side points you have. yes some gear will require Dark/Light V in the higher levels.

Flashpoints give points and are repeatable so there will always be a way to get points even if you have done every quest. Diplomacy will also give you alignment points. with these two mechanics in game there is no limit to the amount of points you can get.

Your total rank will always be a sum of the two sides, IE rank one takes 1,000 points. if you have 1400 Light side points and 600 Dark side points, they cancel out to a total of 800 Light side and that would put you 200 points short of Light rank I even though you have over 1k Light side points in total.

Edited by Amelaista

Okay, cheers. But to clarify. Can i get to Dark side V and still have some light points? Or do i need to eliminate all my light points first? And if i have Dark side V and get let's say.. 50 light side points, and didn't have ANY light side points before that point, would my dark side rank go down?