Level 50, Decision Time

chris_rw

My Sorcerer hit level 50 today and I'm now trying to figure out what I want to do with the character for end game play. I've been switching from heals to lightning as I leveled and have enjoyed both. But with needing to start collecting gear, I feel like it's time to figure out which direction to head towards.

I realize there is no answer to this question, but I'd love to hear opinions on what everyone has enjoyed in terms of end game play. I do a little of pvp and want to get into hard modes and some raiding.

The good news is that the gear for Sorcs is pretty interchangeable for DPS and healers. The set bonuses are obviously different, but the stats are similar on both. So I would suggest trying out both and seeing which you like better.

I have always gone DPS with my Sorc. I just love everything about it.

As the person above mentioned, queues will be shorter and you will be more in demand as a healer. But this is ultimately a game. You are supposed to have fun. If you like DPS better, stick with it. You'll have a lot of fun with it.

Gear up for both. As mentiones before, the stat difference between a lightning build and corruption build is minuscule. The only thing that might make a difference is the set bonus. Personally I've found I don't need the set bonus, I do amazing heals without it and it isn't appealing enough for me to 200 BH comms for it. Also in raiding I find spec healing to be a little boring unless **** hits the fan. But that's just me :p

As others have said, switching back and forth without switching out gear is totally reasonable. If you're not sure what set to buy, I'd recommend getting Force-Mystic 2-piece first, as it reduces the CD on Innervate. In high damage situations, you'll use Innervate on CD so it's very useful. The 2-piece for Force-Master is pretty useless for a Lightning spec since you really should not have any force regen problems with that spec.

That said, if you have any second thoughts about spending the majority of your time healing, go DPS. If you're pugging you'll mostly be healing, and if you're in a guild with a healer shortage you'll never DPS again. On the flip side, you'll get many more groups as a healer, and the gear you'll get is still good for Lightning in case you find a guild that needs a DPS.

That all helps a lot, thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with DPS gear, but still do healing with it. With that being said, what armor should I be getting with Black Hole Commendations?

Thanks a ton!

Healing in dps gear? Legit. If you can do all your dailies and weeklies quick enough try to get full BH gear or get all the Campaign armoring for your set bonus......or do both like I did on my DPS sorc