Sith Sorc Gear advice.

Mealatus

Hellu guys, i've been playing swtor for a while now and im really looking for some advice to perfect my gear. Im a sith sorc. healer 32/7/2, focused on pvp. I have full war hero and a couple of elite war hero pieces. I know that:

My expertise is way too high (far above 1050)

I should have around 30% crit (with buff)

I should have around 75% Surge (with buff)

Put the rest in willpower, power, alacrity.

HOWEVER, I dont know where to begin, what mods should I be swapping for instance, does anybody have a "gear-build" i could take a look at? Any advice or criticism is ofcourse more then welcome.

Re-roll as an Operative, healing as a sorc is pointless and you would make a far better (any other class) than this deliberately gimped one.

Chisaineko

False.

I have all three and actually prefer my sorc healer. Even without the bubble stun I regularly get top heals and have surpassed operative healers several times. Off the top of my head I can only remember one time an operative beat me and that player was from one of the top pvp guilds on the server, and even then it wasn't by a lot. My point being, sorc healing in pvp is hardly "gimped" and you don't have a clue wth you're talking about.

You can start by getting rid of the 32 point spec. You don't bring salvation into a warzone.

As for crit, there seems to be two schools. One where you sacrifice it for power and one where you try to keep it farly high. I keep mine, with the points in extra crit, around 38 %. Also, get two pieces of tionese for the shorter CD on healing trance. Put either EWH bracer/belt or BM armorings in those pieces. Get rid of all A/B mods, there's no need to sacrifice helpful secondary stats for end and a high main.

Edited by MidichIorian

Please don't listen to the poster above me about salvation.

Yes, it only works if someone stands in it etc etc etc...

However,

Voidstar, novare, and alderaan (civil war) are classic prime examples of how great and effective that AOE heal is!

Voidstar - Drop AOE on yourself and other healers and then spot heal.

- Drop AOE by door and LOS all attackers and spot heal.

- Drop AOE by door trying to be opened and if you're super geared your aoe can hit for almost 1k per tick in warzones.

Novare Coast - Drop your AOE on the node sit back and spot heal.

Civil war - Drop AOE on node LOS and spot heal/bubble etc..

It simply allows you to heal 8 people for large amounts without having to do anything.

Now, MOST people don't notice the AOE on teh ground cause they're focusing on their target, but if you are a good player you use this aoe to your advantage and stun your targets in it and use it as a safe zone to fight out of or around.

I've always used this in PVP and so does my pocket healer. I've seen him break 1,000,000+ healing many times too!

For PVP you want

260-300 Alacrity

300-350 surge.

33-36% crit (most of your big heals tend to get interrupted so the power helps your HOT and AOE tick harder.

I say half willpower augments and half power augments.

(Some sorcs/sages) use the 18 endurance 12 power augments and a exotech fortitude stim for more defense in war zones. Allows you to live longer etc and helps your warzone medpack hit you for more HP since its a 30% HP total heal.

All your mods need to be the high power or high crit.

Enhancements need to be high power surge and etc etc..

Use an orange belt and bracer and stick the armoring from the offhand in them and then a power mod from one of the pieces (yes this takes time to get and you waste the other enhancement etc so just send it to a toon with 400 artifice and RE it then sell it on the GTN to pay for your min maxing cost.

Expertise i'd say sit around 1280-1320 That high of expertise youre losing on output, but still gaining on defense etc..

hope this helps!

Please don't listen to the poster above me about salvation.
The day I'll be out healed by a 31 pt heal sorc/sage I might agree with you. Reasons for not taking the top ability in the sorc/sage heal trees:

1. You will be sacrificing bubble stun and force regenerative abilties in the lightning tree. That alone is reason enough to not take it.

2. It has a high force cost and if you're focused you'll never be able to channel it.

3. It requires that people stack (read: a smasher's wet dream)

4. Let's say that you have six on a node, a maximum of three will take advantage of it due to the others being spread out.

5. Mobility, even those who it was intended for will move around and most likely miss out on a few ticks.

Edited by MidichIorian

The day I'll be out healed by a 31 pt heal sorc/sage I might agree with you. Not to mention that you are sacrificing the bubble stun by taking it.

Trust me it happens. I play on a very strong PVP server and most play bubble stun, however the few that are truly skilled and play 31 point are monsters. However it also takes the other people to know to stand in it etc..

Both good specs, but one will be nerfed soon enough and then its time to switch back lol

The only reason you aren't going to be out healed by a puddle healer is because any decent healer will spec bubble right now. If I am on a pug team with a bubble healer, I will spec into puddle and force myself to not use the bubble if they are good and actually bubbling people. Even gimping myself in that fashion, the puddle spec still out heals bubble spec. Bubble is still possibly the best heal in the game even without the stun.

For pure bubble spec, you stack power and ignore crit because bubble is ONLY based on your bonus healing and doesn't crit. For full heal there are two schools of thought as mentioned above. I personally prefer high crit (right now I have about 38 percent) in puddle spec. Expertise I am running 1211 right now. Two power crystals and pve 27 bracer/belt armorings. I also stack the A mods for max endurance and mainstat instead of the traditional min/max mods. I just tend to think that endurance in PVP is too valuable.

I haven't played my Sorc in a while, but get a few tionese pieces and remod them with 63 pvp armorings and mods from belts/bracers to get the shorter cooldown on innervate. While min maxing focus on power because you already get some crit from the skill tree.

As for party puddle/vs bubble spec, obviously a skilled player should be doing more healing in full heals as opposed to bubble stun spec, that was never in question. You lose about 10% off the top to your base heals and you obviously don't have salvation/revification, but the bubble stun is such a huge boon to your team's success that it more than makes up for the small amount of healing lost. Then when you factor in things like better force management, better damage dealing capabilities, and the knockback root, its a no brainer.

Where are you getting better force management from? Waaay better force management in heal tree from no penalty consumption after innervate.

Lightning Effusion: Force attacks that critically hit have a 50/100% chance to grant lightning effusion, reducing the force cost of your next two force abilities by 50%.

Subversion: "Lightning Strike has a 100% chance to increase your force regeneration rate by 10% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times."

As long as you dot a few people and use force lightning once in a while, its pretty difficult to run out of force. Not to mention that you don't have to hurt yourself in order to use it.

I don't see gimping yourself even more in the heal tree to pick up effusion. I used to spec effusion before the fadeout change (when it gave you 20s CD on force speed) and it does help. But since affliction crits don't proc effusion, I don't see why you would spec it as a healer now. Better to use consumption then resurgence on yourself.

I don't see gimping yourself even more in the heal tree to pick up effusion. I used to spec effusion before the fadeout change (when it gave you 20s CD on force speed) and it does help. But since affliction crits don't proc effusion, I don't see why you would spec it as a healer now. Better to use consumption then resurgence on yourself.

So once you get up to innervate in corruption and backlash in lightning, what do you take with your remaining 3 points? Personally, any small net heal gain id get from any combination of life surge/dark resilience/haunting presence/ will of the sith is not worth losing the improved resource management.

I put 23/17/1 personally. I have toyed with a few days different builds, but with dark resilience, a reckless unnatural preservation + wz medpac combo heals for almost half my health bar. Stun, reckless, dark infusion, UP, bubble, medpac is basically a 0-100 percent heal in combat. Not much is more demoralizing than that. If you are actually trying to be a hybrid, and shooting for 200k dmg/300k heal in every wz, then sure, take effusion. But healers should look at improving their heals. With free respec there is no reason to actually PLAY a hybrid sorc healer now. Take some time to set up your quickbars and you can change from full/bubble heal to full dps in about 10 seconds. Just spec before the wz starts if your team needs healers or vice versa. Since we don't gear for accuracy there isnt really even a need to regear yourself for DPS.

Tl;dr: I don't see much value in a true healer doing much damage and wasting GCDs on attacking to pric force management when heal spec can do it anyway if you play intelligently.

The absolute best thing to do is to read through all the skill abilities and make your own build after your own play style.

That will make YOU the most effective healer you can be right now.

You can always use premade builds, but don't expect end up with the same result as the one who has experience in that particular build.

So saying this is better than that and vice versa.. is pointless, it all comes down to how you use it.

False.

I have all three and actually prefer my sorc healer. Even without the bubble stun I regularly get top heals and have surpassed operative healers several times. Off the top of my head I can only remember one time an operative beat me and that player was from one of the top pvp guilds on the server, and even then it wasn't by a lot. My point being, sorc healing in pvp is hardly "gimped" and you don't have a clue wth you're talking about.

Yes sorc healers have the best heals, but Operatives have far more survivability and are actually capable of stealth caping nodes (rarely but happens)