Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

MonsterrLuv

So I made an inquisitor the other day because I was bored and wanted to play through my story again (which they need to really add a heroic mode of btw) and I remembered how much fun I had as an Inquisitor. There are a few things I wish they emphasized on some things and I wish they could have forgotten about some others.

Wishes:

• I wish Ffon hadn't been immediately toasted at the end of Korriban. I think he would have made a pretty fun antagonist later on in the story as well as Thanaton. He could be trying to kill you as you're trying to nom up all the ghosts, or when your mind and body are broken he could be constantly trying to kill you somewhat for revenge and somewhat as an attempt to get in a Dark Council member's good favor.

• I wish my other companions had real quests like Khem Val did (this goes for all classes). A lot of the conversations I had with Talos going artifact hunting got me really excited before seeing the black screen of sorrow and misery. I want to go treasure hunting too!!!

• I sort of wish I actually got to kill Thanaton instead of beating him to a pulp and watching someone else break his neck, but I'll gladly take his seat for that ;)

• I'm not sure about anyone else, but I *hated* Urtel Moren. He was extremely creepy on Alderaan, and on Voss during the whole force-walking thing when he pretty much professed his love after only knowing me for a few days at most. I realize that it was probably just the ghost's doing, but still. That character wasn't written very well in my personal opinion. (I realize my character is just gorgeous and this is bioware so everyone loves me but come on now, I dont even thing Zevran in DA:O was like that)

Anyone else have some stories to share? Anything you wish were different in the storyline?

I wish my actions in act 3 got me forces.

Like if on Belsavis, cloning me had the side effect of creating a strike force of Ratakatan/Droid commandos encoded to be loyal to my DNA.

And if after Voss I gained an army of Gormak.

I want power.

I wish the sith inquisitor story was like how it was advertised before release I wanted my political manipulation and cause jedi to fall to the dark side plus I hated the fact that other sith killed our antagonist. *Looks at the sith warrior story with jealousy*

I wish the sith inquisitor story was like how it was advertised before release I wanted my political manipulation and cause jedi to fall to the dark side plus I hated the fact that other sith killed our antagonist. *Looks at the sith warrior story with jealousy*

Sith Warrior's story has too much powerplay, it would be good for Inquisitor but too much for warrior. I think Baras should die in chapter 2 then chapter 3 should be all about crush the republic.

Inquisitor's chapter 1 is ok, Taris and Quesh of chapter 2 is fine, chapter 3's "healing" is just stupid.

Edited by Slowpokeking

The amount of political machinations in the sith warrior story made me quite annoyed, since that's what I wanted in the SI Story. Then I met darth baras and darth jadus I cried deep down that a sith that acted like those two was not the SI master instead with get zash >_______________>.

Whenever I ask someone about zash all I get is that she is "hot" but when I ask someone about darth jadus I get ****** or manipulator etc I wish someone like jadus was the SI master. :sul_frown:

I remember in beta everyone said the SI story was bad and the SW had everything that should of been in the SI story I did not believe them until I played both stories myself. :(

In beta people had a saying that the SI and JC story was given to interns and the IA, SW and JK is bioware's baby.

Edited by lokdron

The amount of political machinations in the sith warrior story made me quite annoyed, since that's what I wanted in the SI Story. Then I met darth baras and darth jadus I cried deep down that a sith that acted like those two was not the SI master instead with get zash >_______________>.

Whenever I ask someone about zash all I get is that she is "hot" but when I ask someone about darth jadus I get ****** or manipulator etc I wish someone like jadus was the SI master. :sul_frown:

I remember in beta everyone said the SI story was bad and the SW had everything that should of been in the SI story I did not believe them until I played both stories myself. :(

In beta people had a saying that the SI and JC story was given to interns and the IA, SW and JK is bioware's baby.

Zash's characterization is fine.

Then the interns they set on the SI story did an excellent job, imho. The IA story, especially Act 2, had to have been written by some sort of sadist. I'd take even the JC story over IA all day any day.

On topic, I think the SI story should have more to do with the non-Khem companions.

Then the interns they set on the SI story did an excellent job, imho. The IA story, especially Act 2, had to have been written by some sort of sadist. I'd take even the JC story over IA all day any day.

On topic, I think the SI story should have more to do with the non-Khem companions.

IA's story is super awesome.

I personally disagree in terms or choices and how IA and SW can handle situations has the JC and SI beat imo and how the SW and IA story reacts to your alignment is awesome as well. Before release bioware described/advertised the SI as someone who works/manipulates people from the shadows playing the SI twice to 50 I have not seen that all I got was indiana jones and ghost buster.

In terms of companions I don't like the SI either its the reason why I take khem everywhere. Bioware made players expect a story that is iconic to darth sidious instead I got darth sidious AND darth vader in the sith warrior story.

The only thing I like about the SI story is some parts of chapter 1 and korriban and then from there it goes down hill very fast.

Even bioware said that their favourite story is the IA and they even praised the IA story in interviews. You may not like the IA but from what I have seen the majority do. Plus looking back on rate the story topics and beta topics the sheer disappointment with the SI story and JC is staggering. I remember a beta topic where people were saying to keep chapter 1 for si and scrap the rest and do it over.

Edited by lokdron

In terms of what we were promised the SI does not deliver.

It is not a bad story. In act 2 it does what it needs to do, I knew what I was doing and why, Thanaton is an effective if, criminally, underdeveloped antagonist, made by the fact that his story and the SI are very similar.

Personally I find BH act 2 to be the low point of the game.

If I were to rewrite the SI story, I would either use Thanaton as a living master, for act 2 (say you consume the sprit and he decides to use you) and then have him killed by a jedi or a rival Sith, Act 2 you hunt down tratiors and others opposed to the empire. Act 3 would be you cosolidating your position and gaining ancient Rakata tech and Voss knowledge/ Gormak army.

OR you kill him at the end of act 2 and he hangs around as a ghost, giving you advice and helping you to gain power because either; 1. You proved your self worthy or 2. He was weakened by a (jedi/Sith/ [starcabale]) and knows you have to kill them to get what you want.

edit: it bugs me that only the BH fights the pubs in act 3.

Edited by Ausstig

The Sith Inquisitor storyline really is in need of a lot of work. The SI really just needs to be made more proactive so that he doesn't just seem to be a hired flunky being treated as a god by everyone around him. As an example, I've previously suggested that a minor change of having the SI come up with a plan to force Thanaton to face him by using the Kagaath ritual early in the opening of Chapter 3 and then refocusing the in between planet missions to being about the SI seeking out the forces neccessary for his Kagaath plan to work rather than the forces just falling into his lap. I'd probably get rid of the Chapter 2 Thanaton confrontation with him leaving and viewing you not worth his time leaving flunkies to fight you instead(making the use of the Kagaath necessary in Chapter 3).

I'm sure I could come up with a lot more things, but that is just what I have at the moment.

1. I wish Khem and Zash story conclusion had made it more clear that you actually kept the other person for possible future use in that device.

2. I hope that Vision on Voss was refering to Darth Mortis as another who seeks your death rather than whoever was before council or Darth Thanaton asking for your death in front of Dark Council.

3. I wish had used Ashara Jedi connections in Kaggath. That would have alleviated a lot of criticism she gets from players.

Edited by Chaloss

I really liked the Inquisitor story...it's my favorite of the 5 I've played so far. In fact, it's the only one I've played twice, just because I enjoyed it that much and wanted to experience it again. That said, I do have two kind of notable beefs with it:

1. Too much time spent on healing at the beginning of act 3. I would've been fine with one or the other, but focusing o it for both Belsavis and Voss was a little disappointing. Dedicating one of those to gaining a following of disciples among the Sith (and incorporating Xalek into that, so that he joins a little earlier?) would've been great.

2. I would've liked a little more opportunity to get friendly, or at least acquainted, with Thanaton. He was a pretty cool guy, really. After the time or two he makes contact in chapter 1, I (and by extension, I suppose, my Assassin) thought he was a pretty cool guy. I think that the lightside/darkside ending, rather than being about freeing the ghosts, could've been cool as to whether or not to find a way to ally with Thanaton. I think that could've reflected the whole politics and subterfuge feel that the writers were supposedly going for, too.

I really liked the Inquisitor story...it's my favorite of the 5 I've played so far. In fact, it's the only one I've played twice, just because I enjoyed it that much and wanted to experience it again. That said, I do have two kind of notable beefs with it:

1. Too much time spent on healing at the beginning of act 3. I would've been fine with one or the other, but focusing o it for both Belsavis and Voss was a little disappointing. Dedicating one of those to gaining a following of disciples among the Sith (and incorporating Xalek into that, so that he joins a little earlier?) would've been great.

2. I would've liked a little more opportunity to get friendly, or at least acquainted, with Thanaton. He was a pretty cool guy, really. After the time or two he makes contact in chapter 1, I (and by extension, I suppose, my Assassin) thought he was a pretty cool guy. I think that the lightside/darkside ending, rather than being about freeing the ghosts, could've been cool as to whether or not to find a way to ally with Thanaton. I think that could've reflected the whole politics and subterfuge feel that the writers were supposedly going for, too.

Also I think Kaal and Corrin are wasted, they got involved much more than Xalek.

I actually like Xalek he feels like the Darth Maul to my Palpatine. But I wish we got him earlier than we did. I didn't start using him till a few months ago when I finally got around to maxing the affection for my companions. After using him for dailies a bunch of times, he is the only one I use now that all of my companions are maxed out.

1. I would of liked to have the choice of picking either kaal or corrin as your apprentice with other one dying. xalek seemed particulary forced as my sith inquisitor is both mostly light side alignment as wall as a believer in following the sith code. i was as determinded as harkon to have him killed for such a blazen murder. his conversations seem weak he doesn;t seem to fit in even if your darkside, though i will say he isn;t as bad as jaesa willsaam who is either a zombie crying for blood or a lets not hurt a fly niny.

2. i'd also like to see more companion missions.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

My brother and I are playing through the SI and SW storylines together and one thing that bothers me about both storylines is the lack of pro-activeness.

The SW spends too much time being Baras' errand boy. You can treat him with utter contempt but you still run around doing his bidding until he inevitably tries to kill you and then you finally respond. Likewise the SI spends the first act doing Zash's bidding and the second and third acts responding to Thanaton's attack.

One thing I really would have liked to see is more building of your power base. The cult was a step in the right direction, but so far they haven't proved useful for much. You spend so much time doing missions that benefit the Imperial Military and various Sith Lords, why can't you win any of them over to your side?

I love the suggestion that the SI could have instigated the Kaggath (perhaps suggested by Zash) instead of simply reacting to it. Then Act 2 could have been about acquiring resources to win the fight. Similarly, if the SW wasn't so naive he could have spent Act 2 preparing to challenge Baras or at least readying himself for the inevitable betrayal.

My brother and I are playing through the SI and SW storylines together and one thing that bothers me about both storylines is the lack of pro-activeness.

The SW spends too much time being Baras' errand boy. You can treat him with utter contempt but you still run around doing his bidding until he inevitably tries to kill you and then you finally respond. Likewise the SI spends the first act doing Zash's bidding and the second and third acts responding to Thanaton's attack.

One thing I really would have liked to see is more building of your power base. The cult was a step in the right direction, but so far they haven't proved useful for much. You spend so much time doing missions that benefit the Imperial Military and various Sith Lords, why can't you win any of them over to your side?

I love the suggestion that the SI could have instigated the Kaggath (perhaps suggested by Zash) instead of simply reacting to it. Then Act 2 could have been about acquiring resources to win the fight. Similarly, if the SW wasn't so naive he could have spent Act 2 preparing to challenge Baras or at least readying himself for the inevitable betrayal.

Yeah that's why I think they should keep Kaal and Corrin, they could become Nox' right hands to build her powerhouse.

So far in my SI's storyline, I wish we had a companion the likes of Mako or Vette.

I just started Chapter 2, but Thanatos seems to come out of nowhere as an enemy, when I'm wondering "Why the hell isn't anyone pointing to Khem and saying "She's alive! Time sharing with him! Exactly as she intended to do to me!"

Especially after having the wonderful line of "It was me! ME! ME! ME!" when asked if I knew who killed Skotia. :)

For having the storyline of an ex-slave and them not caring for an alien (not sure if a human inquisitor gets the same alien remarks), to me anyways, I would of prefered a more pirate feeling to my Sith. Smaller but more free powerbase (ie...the companions), a you against the galaxy, possibly playing both sides, the Republic and the Empire, against each other.

I actually enjoyed Chapter 1. Yes, you see that Zash is going to betray you (it's obvious). Wish the end fight scene between the both of you was played out a bit better, but I get it, they're wanting it to be setup so Zash becomes a timeshare with Khem.

Could of used a better play out instead of "Don't bring Revel, but hey, bring along Khem." and then not have any scene in the ritual to show why she'd want Khem there.

At first I didn't like Khem, but when I look at the SI as a space pirate, Khem is basically your more violent Chewie with some force action, and I came to like him a lot more :)

Revel needs to be a bit like Vette/Mako imo. Or at least give us a companion who's more like them. Admittedly, I don't know all about the other companions yet, but they so far....they're not looking so awesome.

I don't mind my SI getting her butt kicked in the story, but possibly some better action with it, instead of so far...BOOM! You lose. :/ Which again, is made out to be "Eh, I don't like you, we're enemies now"

Gameplay wise though, Assassin is just pure love :)

Could of used a better play out instead of "Don't bring Revel, but hey, bring along Khem." and then not have any scene in the ritual to show why she'd want Khem there.

This actually was explained, roughly, by Kallig. Zash had undergone rituals to protect her from the power of the Force, and Khem, while not as reliant on it as the Inquisitor, also makes use of its power. Hence, Zash figured she'd be safer if she convinced you to bring him, as opposed to Andy, who could just skip all the Force nonsense and stick a blaster bolt between her eyes (and thus, ruin the whole chapter 1 finale :rolleyes: ).