Boss HP for new Flashpoint: TatC -- Let's Discuss...

Jdast

What Im trying to accomplish is hindering Bioware in making the game a faceroll, with a "Win button". The game was hard at start and I dont remember people complaining! There should be a certain challenge involved, no just basic attacking through everything!

I can go through with using basic attack :)

you can go through with the basic attack in about 6 hours time. that is if you you dont fall asleep hitting 1 over and over. that is NOT anything any reasonable person would do, any more than leveling to 50 killing korslugs and droids on korriban. Sure its possible, but no one sane willdo it. If you wany your game to be difficult, please by all means do it for your self. No need for you to effect other people experiences in the game, or is that what you actually want?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what good are such players for us? They dont help us in NiM ops, ranked PVP, Master Mode FPS or anything else hard and group related. They are just here for the solo content. Im not saying those ppl should leave, cause yes then the game would die, but they need to be encouraged to try more in the game. I personaly have nothing from such players, if they werent in the game I wouldnt even notice. I would like the Devs to encourage the MMO part of the game, this was supposed to be a year of Group Content and they did add quite a bit. Also the recent changes to groupfinder encourages ppl to the group stuff and others to help them.

I see this as the future of the game, for people to engage more into such activities and that way are forced to be able to DO them. Its not a solution to keep making it simple for them, they will never learn.

what good are those players? they pay $15 a month to help keep this game afloat, thats what good they are. They are the players that when someone that isnt a dick helps them, become future raiders or pvpers. They are the people that help keep the game running.

Hey folks,

We hear you about the health levels and mobs inside of Copero. We are making some changes with 5.6.1 next week to bring it more in line with the difficulty / time you experienced with Umbara. Here are the current patch notes for these changes in 5.6.1 (still subject to change, check on Monday for the final).

• Bosses have had their health significantly reduced in both Story and Solo Mode.
  • The damage done by bosses has been reduced in both Story and Solo Mode.
  • Bosses have had their health slightly reduced in both Veteran and Master Mode.
  • The number of enemies has been reduced throughout the Flashpoint.
  • The Guardian Droid will no longer instant cast their Mortar Volley ability.
  • The Copero Security Droid will no longer instant cast their Seeker Missile ability.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Not making the gear drops BoE/BoL then? -_-

Oh come one, I am farming the FPS on Story mode now for the 25x runs and im running an Shadow with 248 and rank 50 comp in DPS mode all the way. It takes me 12 min to do one run

Do you really, honestly want to contend that what you describe here is in any way representative of the target audience for solo/story mode?

Please tell me you were being sarcastic...

Do you really, honestly want to contend that what you describe here is in any way representative of the target audience for solo/story mode?

Don't fall into the trap. He'll lead you on a tangent that you can't get back from. :eek:

Being able to play this game requires common sence, you wont convince me that the people playing it dont have that. I mean They are able to run windows (maybe Mac) and go on the internet, download, install etc. All the people in the game are capable of performing well at it. Its just up to Bioware if they want to teach them or let them be lazy.

Don't fall into the trap. He'll lead you on a tangent that you can't get back from. :eek:

Being able to play this game requires common sence, you wont convince me that the people playing it dont have that. I mean They are able to run windows (maybe Mac) and go on the internet, download, install etc. All the people in the game are capable of performing well at it. Its just up to Bioware if they want to teach them or let them be lazy.

Oh, wow... That is some tangent indeed. And back to back posts too, that's an achievement! :p

Edited by jacquelee

Traitor Among the Chiss boss health, Story mode in 5.6:

Guardian Droid: 1,264,634

Zenta: 761,804

Valss: 1,802,285

https://imgur.com/a/SS8AG

Post 5.6.1, Story mode:

Guardian Droid: 426,248

Zenta: 340,091

Valss: 514,939

I ran Traitor Among the Chiss seven times before 5.6.1. Changes I noticed with 5.6.1:

- There are a few less Chiss in the city.

- 1st Boss: Guardian Droid --- the adds now despawn as soon as the boss is defeated.

- Underground -- a few groups of mobs in this area were removed completely.

- Bonus boss, Strike Team Walker -- 462,524

- Temple Guardian -- 3,032,416

Same as 5.6. Still an easy fight. Still a long fight. Still an easily avoided fight.

- The Maze -- One pair of droids removed from the maze.

My repair bill after running the full 5.6.1 Story mode FP was about the same as it was for just the first boss fight in 5.6. So, there's a whole lot less damage output from bosses.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Traitor Among the Chiss boss health, Story mode in 5.6:

Post 5.6.1, Story mode:

Guardian Droid: 426,248

Zenta: 340,091

Valss: 514,939

I ran Traitor Among the Chiss seven times before 5.6.1. Changes I noticed with 5.6.1:

- There are a few less Chiss in the city.

- 1st Boss: Guardian Droid --- the adds now despawn as soon as the boss is defeated.

- Underground -- a few groups of mobs in this area were removed completely.

- Bonus boss, Strike Team Walker -- 462,524

- Temple Guardian -- 3,032,416

Same as 5.6. Still an easy fight. Still a long fight. Still an easily avoided fight.

- The Maze -- One pair of droids removed from the maze.

My repair bill after running the full 5.6.1 Story mode FP was about the same as it was for just the first boss fight in 5.6. So, there's a whole lot less damage output from bosses.

I was very pleased with the update. Still a helluva lotta NPCs to fight on the way to the first boss, but very enjoyable after that.

I went through again with my DPS and I was pleased as well. IMHO it's now a flashpoint that is reasonably challenging but you don't spend so long on the bosses that you fall asleep.

Also noticed that the temple cat disappears when you feed him instead of getting a yellow and then a green tag.

Or someone else installed it for them. You know that I still meet some players who are like, really bad. A Jedi Shadow using a one-handed lightsaber, a dps scoundrel who groups peoples on Taris to do the Heroics 2+ because he don't use anything else than the basic attack, a tank Jugg who didn't know what Crushing Blow was...

You can still see plenty of peoples being bad at this game, but I don't think it's just a lazyness issue. This game has a broken progression line right now, you can end up lvl 70 only by doing your class story and every expac on solo mode, with the god-droid here and the god comp to carry you on any type of content. I don't think this game lets peoples stay "lazy". I think that this game just doesn't teach them anything to begin with, you would be surprised to see how many peoples will still wipe on EV sm because the base game didn't make them learn how to play besides "click and magic happens".

As an example, just try Nomen Karr in the story right now, when compared to before. You can afk the whole fight and let your comp kill it in two strikes, I don't really call that "challenging" or even "learning". The bosses in solo content are more an annoyance than real fights that will make peoples L2P, lazyness isn't an issue here. ^^

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty lazy, I don't like tanking in PvE, because it requires a lot of concentration, but I still completed a good bit of NiM as a tank with my lazyness. Lazy doesn't equal bad. :p

Edited by supertimtaf

I still wish this FP would have been an Operation. It's absolutely beautiful and unique in the game...it would have given S&V a run as my favorite location of an Op. I hope they introduce one in 2018 using this locale.

Yep, it's a pretty nice area. Too bad they don't flesh these things out into full planets anymore. :t_frown:

I was very pleased with the update. Still a helluva lotta NPCs to fight on the way to the first boss, but very enjoyable after that.

I agree. I did one run where I took down every Chiss in the city (pre-5.6.1) to do the bonuses, and to look around the city in peace. I think the FP's appearance is gorgeous. The 5.6.1 changes do make a big, I think positive, difference in Story/solo mode, once past the city.

I didn't want the difficulty nerfed but I did want the stupid HPs of the bosses nerfed. My Pre 5.6.1 experiences were two.

One, running it on Vet with a PuG, I was on a level 50 something healer with random gear from heroics. We wiped at least 10 times and I was the only person that was with the group from the start to the finish which was about three hours in total. Only once we got a serious tank in 247 gear did we never wipe again. It was not PuG friendly at all. Some of you that don't PuG have no idea how bad some players are, just yesterday I was stuck doing Korriban Inc with a PuG and two of them wouldn't even heal between fights and just die 5 seconds into each new battle.

Two, running it solo mode. I was never worried about getting killed, I could just totally ignore all the mechanics, but it was taking 5-10 minutes of totally boring fighting to take down some of the bosses. They should have made a trade off and greatly reduced the health of the bosses but also increased the damage that they do to force you to actually dodge the AOEs. The way it was, was boring! Something needed to change.

Edited by abigfishy

Well, I for one am happy with the changes. It is much more likely now that I will run my other characters through the content at least once in solo mode.

Wish story mode was level sync with a bot, but as it is it is acceptable. Havent tried the harder versions yet.

All in all I say it was an excellent adjustment. Solo mode is much more in line with other story related content IMO.

I find that FP a complete and utter nightmare. I have dozens of level 70s that will never ever do it. The boss fights actually trigger my high blood pressure and I get very sick. Sadly, I will never see anything past it for any other character. That also means I won't get my beloved companions back :(

I have been asking forever for them to NOT make stuff like that part of the story. They are completely ignoring a fast growing class of paying customers... seniors. I avoid most flashpoints, but otherwise love the game.

FPs need to be optional.. not forced on us.

I find that FP a complete and utter nightmare. I have dozens of level 70s that will never ever do it. The boss fights actually trigger my high blood pressure and I get very sick. Sadly, I will never see anything past it for any other character. That also means I won't get my beloved companions back :(

I have been asking forever for them to NOT make stuff like that part of the story. They are completely ignoring a fast growing class of paying customers... seniors. I avoid most flashpoints, but otherwise love the game.

FPs need to be optional.. not forced on us.

FPS were forced on ppl ever since the Shadow of Revan prelude so its nothing uncommon. It is good Bioware makes ppl do them cause as it can be seem by this thread there is still a lot to learn!

You know that I still meet some players who are like, really bad. A Jedi Shadow using a one-handed lightsaber, a dps scoundrel who groups peoples on Taris to do the Heroics 2+ because he don't use anything else than the basic attack, a tank Jugg who didn't know what Crushing Blow was...

Yes i do meet people like that, whats funny about it is that they mostly say "im playing the game from day 1" or "he is playing for years and knows what he is doing" and stuff like that.

These people simply think they are playing at their best and it cant be any better. They also cant be convinced otherwise, which is crazy! Bioware is doing things to make sure they go the proper way, they removed the main stats, highlight procs, removed abilities that shouldnt be used by some classes etc. Yet still the people dont want to learn, instead they ask for nerfs, its simply sad for the game!

Yes i do meet people like that, whats funny about it is that they mostly say "im playing the game from day 1" or "he is playing for years and knows what he is doing" and stuff like that.

These people simply think they are playing at their best and it cant be any better. They also cant be convinced otherwise, which is crazy! Bioware is doing things to make sure they go the proper way, they removed the main stats, highlight procs, removed abilities that shouldnt be used by some classes etc. Yet still the people dont want to learn, instead they ask for nerfs, its simply sad for the game!

you dont pay for my sub. you dont tell me what do

you dont pay for my sub. you dont tell me what do

Well, except if you're that random guy that I pick up on the fleet for an HM operation, for example. If you don't do what I say, which are «apply these tactics and do your job correctly», then yeah we'll have an issue. Resolved by a /kick though, so nothing is lost. :)

Furthermore, the issue isn't «we tell you what to do» but more «you're here doing actual content with us», as long as you'll keep hindering us, not you only, but the whole group because you don't know what to do then yeah, as a member of this group we do have a right to tell you how to do your job correctly. If you don't want to listen because you're the type of guy mentionned by Mero' or simply because you don't care about completing the content, then we can have a problem with that, because you are ruining our playtime as much as we are ruining yours by telling you what to do to become better. :p

As always, if you don't want peoples helping you to play correctly don't play with peoples. Simple as that :rak_03:

Edited by supertimtaf

Well, except if you're that random guy that I pick up on the fleet for an HM operation, for example. If you don't do what I say, which are «apply these tactics and do your job correctly», then yeah we'll have an issue. Resolved by a /kick though, so nothing is lost. :)

Furthermore, the issue isn't «we tell you what to do» but more «you're here doing actual content with us», as long as you'll keep hindering us, not you only, but the whole group because you don't know what to do then yeah, as a member of this group we do have a right to tell you how to do your job correctly. If you don't want to listen because you're the type of guy mentionned by Mero' or simply because you don't care about completing the contenr, then we can have a problem with that, because you are ruining our playtime as much as we are ruining yours by telling you what to do to become better. :p

As always, if you don't want peoples helping you to play correctly don't play with peoples. Simple as that :rak_03:

Yes, but the storyline is NOT for training folks how to play in end game. There is other content for that.

It is silly, IMO, to expect a games solo capable storyline to somehow prepare a player for end game content, and therefore should be a challenge. Most of the folks that desire to undertake this kind of content will likely never step foot in end game content.

Besides, solo capable storyline content is rarely if EVER anything like end game content. Raiding is Raiding, story progression is story progression. Like PVE and PVP, two different animals.

There is plenty of content to properly train a player in how to play their class effectively. Storyline progression is NOT that content IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis