Thursday Night Ranked Warzone! Join!

BigGoatBR

Hi guys,

Yesterday we had what could easily be called a "ranked warzone day" on the republic fleet. We had up to four ranked groups preparing teams at the same time, with three joining queue continuosly. I participated in three ranked games, but some friends got as much as five, which is pretty good for one night (8 to 10pm central).

So the idea came up to set Thursday's Night as the official Begeren Colony ranked pvp night.

Feel free to discuss if there should be another day (Friday? Saturday?) in this official list, but it would be good to keep Thursday since I talked with many people that confirmed it's a good day for them.

Because there's no easy way to communicate with imperials, people find it easier to just get 16 people from same faction and join together (nobody likes the rwz queue). EH is doing what they call "kickball warzone" which is interesting, but I find the concept annoying because the whole point of pvping in SWTOR is playing pubs x imps. So we are hoping imperials will join us every Thursday. Reply if you like the idea and tell us your faction.

Suggested time frame is from 8pm to 10pm CENTRAL. So update your agenda: Thursday, 8-10pm central - Ranked Warzones.

* Some people are concerned about the top geared players showing up to get their comms on Thursdays. I think if we keep doing this we could later think of a strategy to make sure higher valor players play against each other, giving good chance to everyone. But for now, the idea is just to have ONE night when everyone could be sure ranked queue won't be taking too long...

Thanks.

Edited by BigGoatBR

I didn't see a lot of movement in that matter last two fridays, at least not in the Republic Fleet, but let's see how it goes tonight. If it happens, then sure, as long as everyone joins it's fine. We had over 25 players getting ready for ranked wz in the fleet alone.

Here are two screenshots from yesterday, covering some of the people that joined (only took SS of first result, which we lost, but anyway it's mostly to name some of the players):

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/249684/module_gallery/original/825579.jpg

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/249684/module_gallery/original/825580.jpg

Edited by BigGoatBR
Wrong links...

I applaud you sir for attempting to ban together people in order to get your goals accomplished, don't give up. Keep working towards your goal. Be mindful of others, while there is a rwz night on friday, you could set up a casual night for rwz. Perhaps not everyone can be on friday night (real life or for whatever reason) so haveing multiple nights of people actually trying to set these things up.

I love this idea, and the fact people threw together random teams is the best part. But there are 2 flaws I see. First is I believe a few guilds raid on Thursdays, not a huge problem but the more people the better. The second and biggest problem will be when people start stacking teams. Getting stomped is no fun, which will cause people to stop queing. And after awhile doing the stomping is no fun. So I think we need to come up with a solution to that problem before it happens.

The second and biggest problem will be when people start stacking teams. Getting stomped is no fun, which will cause people to stop queing. And after awhile doing the stomping is no fun.

I agree with you there. Seemingly there is no end to the amount of people who like to just run around showing that they are "superior". This happens in regular warzones too. There is no easy fix, and the only real solution I can see is to get a lot of people interested and queueing so that there would be only a few of those *****s and then you would only face them every now and again, while still being able to enjoy good competative games for the most part. For that reason I would LOVE cross server queueing, sad part would be that I wouldn't be able to play against some people who are actually awesome and recognizable for the most part anymore. I remember when it happened on WoW and I didn't recognize anyone, it made me sad. At the same time though it opened up the door and allowed for more people and when you don't recognize people you don't have others automatically giving up, so every game was interesting on HOW it was going to play out.

Konstance I absolutely agree with you about the stacking teams part. and since I am the controversial one on the Server... Source! stop trying to dominate everyone pls... If you and Grim Determination want to choose a night where you want to stomp eachother in the ground by having all guild members in your Q you should do that... Yesterday when we started RWZ groups overwhelming teams were not allowed. I was there to be a pain in the neck to let everyone have a fair chance at winning comms and i heard that the teams were dead even in a RWZ Voidstar with each teams having people in recruit and battlemaster gear. Konstance I greatly look forward to your input on how we should continue the RWZ on multiple nights on a weekly basis.

The last paragraph on the original post mentions this problem. It was brought up yesterday.

I'm looking forward to hear Konstance's solution. Make sure it envolves me ending up in your team =). By the way, I saw you in the fleet yesterday night, but you weren't doing ranked wzs were you?

I think in the end we will be able to organize it in a fair way. If nothing works, we can always quit the match when either team realizes it's off balance - as long as both team's are aware of the problem, it shouldn't be an issue (maybe we could come up with a protocol to introduce each team - naming guild and top players, average gear, something quick before battle starts).

I just hope that we DO try to figure out a way to make it work, instead of not doing ranked WZ at all or only doing rwz with teams from the same faction.

i heard that the teams were dead even in a RWZ Voidstar with each teams having people in recruit and battlemaster gear.

RayGon, the second link above is from that match (here). Yeah, best match of the night for sure, very balanced teams, lots of healing for both sides. We lost that one but it was really fun and really close.

Edited by BigGoatBR

This is, at least theoretically, a good idea, since Scyn's Friday ranked warzone nights have been dead for quite some time (as far as I can tell, unless they're being kept secret.) Melyn's attempts to reinvigorate those, even trying different days, only worked for a little while. My fear is that if anyone from Ascension, Exiles, Grim Determination, or Source organises even a semi-optimal team, they will die again. At the same time, it will be hard to convince anyone from a higher-rated team to join a pug, as they will take much larger rating hits than anyone else in the event that they lose, and some of them are working toward things like the black-purple expertise crystal (I know Desi would love one) or the mount (in my case, since I'm a compulsive collector, although I don't see that ever happening.) Plus, half the fun of it for me is being with a team I can count on and joke around with. As far as I know, none of it is for the sake of rating itself.

I'd happily wear recruit gear in ranked matches if it would make for more competitive ranked warzones. Ranked is where I go for intense competition and close matches rather than a comm-stomp patrol. The past few games I've won have been hard-fought. On the other hand, I go to normal warzones for fun, and when every match has a premade, it becomes tiresome very quickly (unless you beat them with a pug, in which case it's great.) People stop queuing, and only end up going in with a premade, which just makes the problem worse (guilty as charged on this one.)

Konstance, if you have an idea, it would be great to hear it, because the state of ranked on Begeren is pretty awful right now for me.

As for any top PvP guilds, I'd ask that you not bring your A-team to these nights until we can come to some sort of consensus about what to do. In the meantime, I hope all of you who do participate have fun matches and get yourself some ranked practice with comms on the side.

Have fun!

-Ryd

Edited by Zenithan

Konstance I absolutely agree with you about the stacking teams part. and since I am the controversial one on the Server... Source! stop trying to dominate everyone pls... If you and Grim Determination want to choose a night where you want to stomp eachother in the ground by having all guild members in your Q you should do that... Yesterday when we started RWZ groups overwhelming teams were not allowed. I was there to be a pain in the neck to let everyone have a fair chance at winning comms and i heard that the teams were dead even in a RWZ Voidstar with each teams having people in recruit and battlemaster gear. Konstance I greatly look forward to your input on how we should continue the RWZ on multiple nights on a weekly basis.

Source has to fight pugs, they're not ready for the big leagues yet. :p Grim will destroy them.

I'm with Ryd. I'm all for evening out the playing field, but I queue with certain players for a reason. They are fun, aware, and generally good players. If I want to go with pugs and to casually hang out, I'll do normal warzones. If we want to have recruit geared warzones, I could get my team up for that (assuming we were against recruit, and not war heroes XD).

Just to clarify, I won't get ASB's ranked team together for this unless asked, but it would be nice to eventually get some games again.

Edited by MelliMelon

Just to clarify, I won't get ASB's ranked team together for this unless asked, but it would be nice to eventually get some games again.

2 Words. Bring it.

I'm tired of this. Either you bring your A game or don't bother showing up. I unfortunately didn't follow by this standard during the ranked nights I setup basically bringing out who was available rather than waiting for an optimal group composition/best players essentially giving many players/guilds the impression that exiles pvp has faded. Rest assured I will not make that mistake twice and will put a real team together.

Secondly, why schedule a "official" ranked night in the middle of the week. On a night where a few guilds schedule raids including Exiles? Why not make it Friday or Saturday where more players will be available due to the weekend. Many of us are working adults and cannot set time out of the weekday to play ranked for hours upon hours.

To my knowledge Friday was BC's official ranked night.

Scyn's Friday ranked warzone nights have been dead for quite some time (as far as I can tell, unless they're being kept secret.) Melyn's attempts to reinvigorate those, even trying different days, only worked for a little while

Lastly, my friday night ranked nights died off because of failed promises. It basically became a ranked night of whoever is on Exiles vs. ASB with a few source teams here and there and the rare sighting of a Grim team.

Like I said in the other thread. If you want to setup a ranked night, let me know and i'll make it happen. I want a true commitment this time as well and not another false promise =/.

This Friday? 7PM PST? I can check my team's schedules.

Most likely Saturday if we're doing A team vs A team. I know two players who are candidates for Exiles A team won't be available for Friday nights. This will be interesting indeed I will have to say. :rak_03:

You've been fighting B and C team pugs all this time. Hope you're ready for an actual fight. ;)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Well, until Konstance comes up with the solution to this balance problem, I say we could have two ranked warzone days: Thursday and Friday. Friday, for now at least, will be "A team" day, day for top geared players and guilds to challenge each other.

Thursday will be "ranked comms day", win or lose we will be there doing some ranked. Hopefully some imperials will show up.

I was online most of the night yesterday, and didn't see ranked warzone going. I think for now Thursday is more active anyway in this matter - weekends have pros and cons, some working people can play on fridays, but then again some working people use their friday nights to do something in the real world =). But for now we could follow this (I'm not against changing or anything, as long as everyone agrees and the games pop, I'm fine).

Thanks.

Edited by BigGoatBR

This Friday? 7PM PST? I can check my team's schedules.

If you want me to field a real team, its not happening this Friday. I'll let ya know when my players are fully geared and we aren't running half WH players like the past few nights.

Only B and C teams? Looks like we have a challenge for once. ;)

Those are some big words. And you wonder why certain people dislike Ascension.

If you want me to field a real team, its not happening this Friday. I'll let ya know when my players are fully geared and we aren't running half WH players like the past few nights.

That's fine, just let me know when your team is ready. My team is pretty busy irl right now, I've been asking about their availability and it looks like it's going to have to be a Saturday evening eventually. Just keep me posted in game or on the forums.

Those are some big words. And you wonder why certain people dislike Ascension.

Don't worry their time will come. :) Pride comes before the fall as they say. ;)

Bumping this just to say that there was reasonable movement concerning rankeds on Thursday and Friday, as discussed.

We didn't have as many games as last week, but it was fun. Also, the idea of Thursday being more casual/light was respected. On Friday there was a full guild ready to rank, which I think is right from their part (it's what was discussed). But until I left it was just this guild and another more random group, so people were trying to balance things out.

Just hope people keep getting involved in the rankeds.

We didn't hear about Imperial groups out there, and at some point we queue'd for 20 minutes or so while waiting for a pub x pub ranked to end, and nothing came up. So if imps out there are interested in the idea, let us know. And also try to respect the general convention that Thursday will be a lighter night, leaving more serious/heavy pvping for Friday. If you don't, people will just stop queueing so it's on you =).

Edited by BigGoatBR

Friday during the day we were able to get a 100% pug team for ranked and it was a lot of fun! It was a good chance for people who normally don't do ranked and alts to get gear. If you ever want to play pug v pug ranked whisper urdnought/kap/mogar! I'll just spam fleet to get a group. However If it's a pug don't assemble an A team because you'll get one match and the pugs will bail.

Nice to hear it, Urd.

Lets see if we can make a pub x imp match next week, with all pugs. I for one am bothered by the fact that only inter-faction rankeds are going on right now...

We are having same kind of matches, random groups with minor adjustments to teams (eg: both team having healers and so on), specially on Thursday.

* You should join with that Jugg of yours and leave your operative at sleep! =)

Nice to hear it, Urd.

Lets see if we can make a pub x imp match next week, with all pugs. I for one am bothered by the fact that only inter-faction rankeds are going on right now...

We are having same kind of matches, random groups with minor adjustments to teams (eg: both team having healers and so on), specially on Thursday.

* You should join with that Jugg of yours and leave your operative at sleep! =)

Sounds great!! This Thursday at, lets say 6:30 pst let's get a ranked pug going! I'll bring Kap my jug (Lolz) and If we can't find healers I'll just bring Mogar who is in recruit. I'll let Urdnought take the night off :D