Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually have two stories of awesome people in GF. One a FP, the other an Op.

For the FP: Queued with a guildie, trying to get him some XP. We got Maelstrom, with a 65 Sage, a tank Guardian (don't recall level), guildie is on his 30-something Guardian, I'm on my 65 Scoundrel healer. The other guardian queued as tank, so we treat him as one. Except, he didn't know how to tank, didn't have the gear for it, and was generally not the best player overall, even with coaching. After the 3rd or 4th wipe, I whispered the other sage to apologize for this (not my place, but hey, he was doing well, and didn't want him to get discouraged). He whispered back, and we chat a bit. As it turns out, the sage was in full PVP gear, had transferred to the server a few months ago from a PVP server, and had never done PVE anything. So I'm explaining the place to him, and when it was over offered to run with him again. Long story short, he joined our guild, raids with us, and is having a ball. A great find, thanks to GF!

The OP: The other evening EV was the GF for the day. So a few guildies and I decide to get in on that for some gear for alts, and in my case, some alt leveling. So 4 of us in group from our guild, and we search for a tank and some dps. I get a whisper from a Shadow who said basically "I've never tanked before, and I've never done EV, is that ok?" Well our guild leader, who was on his Sent, also runs a Shadow tank, so I whispered him back that it would be fine, we'll teach as we go, and So-And-So can give pointers on tanking. So he comes, and brings a guildie with him. The run is smooth, a few snafus here and there, but it goes very well. We start talking to the tank and his guildie, and we're hanging out in EV around Soa's corpse chatting for a good 45 minutes afterwards. Guild leader is giving tank some tips, I give the other player some Sage healing 101 lessons, and we're chatting about the game and other MMOs. In a nutshell, made some friends that we can invite for alt runs and open spots, again thanks to GF.

I had a fantastic first op (outside one-boss ops like Eyeless/Xeno) last night. GF Ravagers, Begeren Colony, advertised on Fleet, with three people from the same guild, including the op leader.

The op leader explained every boss in detail, the trash was LOSed, the tanks didn't lose aggro, the healers were on point. We one-shot everything except Master and Blaster, because most of the raid was unaware of the cleave bug. They were quick to explain it and we proceeded without issue.

After the Cora fight, when one of the tanks had DC'd, and the guildies were quick to put down the one rather derpy DPS who "had done the op before" (and yet kept failing well-explained mechanics) who wanted to rush to Ruugar without waiting, because "ops shouldn't take two hours". Maybe they wouldn't if you followed instructions, buddy...

I got praised by the op leader for my performance when we finished. :) They already knew it was my first Rav run, but then I told them that it was also my first op, and that my guild doesn't run them, so I don't get a chance to do this kind of content--at which they invited me to join the three of them on raids.

All in all, it was a really good experience, with competent, patient people, who did a great job in leaving me wanting more.

Edited by KhirsahRoshah

Got two more...

Tactical Red Reaper...100% business like. Three 65s and a 61. We all go in, we all know what we are doing, Some minor miscommunications (what direction we are going), and I messed up some pulls, but no one died and no one got angry. And I even learned a few new tricks (to skip trash)

SM TfB - smooth as silk, one shot everything, only two deaths but battle revs happened quickly. Loot rules were explained at the start, everyone was amenable. Ops Leader gave good instructions, and everyone listened.

When things go well, there is not much to say :p

Edit: make that 3...

Again Tactical Red Reaper...Two 65s (me and another), a 21 DPS and a 42 tank. At the start the tank stated that this was their first tank and first time doing this FP. the other 65 DPS and I said thank you :). We walked him through what to do. We had some trouble after the arch shortcut (no one had arch so we had to go the long way), but it was not a wipe. We taught the tank a new term: LOS = Line of Sight...they knew it as "cornering".

The tank asked how they did. we all said pretty good. The other 65 commented that they held agro well considering both 65s were overgeared and bound to pull agro from a 42. I made the comment the the biggest deal was that the newbie tank followed instructions, other 65 agreed.

Edited by psandak

Sharing one bit story again here :)

Last night I was queing on GF for a tactical fp and I popped to a Rakata Prime. The group was a level 65 Powertech tank (from same guild as I), a 61 Mercenary damage and a 27 Sith Juggernaut tank. I was playing on my main, a level 65 Sith Sorcerer healer.

The whole run went truly smoothly, we one shotted all the bosses, with no one dying (which seems to be rather common Rakata Prime these days). So yes, it was truly a memorable fp :)

Ran a TFP for some cq points Saturday and Blood Hunt popped for GF. I always take this FP with a grain of salt as IMO the Jos and Valk Beroya fight is the hardest boss fight of all the tacticals. Anyway, group is my 65 Commando, 64 Slinger, a Shadow and another Commando (one was 65, other was in 50's I think).

All goes well until the Jos/Valk fight as anticipated. I constantly have aggro and after both Jos and Valk fight together, we just can't seem to finish the fight. Between people getting knocked off the platform and the slow debuff during the Maul attack, the group just can't get it together. After 2-3 tries, the other Commando drops, and because no one else did, I pull out a comp and set to heals. After 2 more tries, the shadow drops and leaves the slinger and I standing there.

I suggest trying with 2 comps so the slinger pulls out Bowdaar set to tank and we give it a go. We wipe again and the Slinger asks if 2 healers might work. I said lets try and we go again. Even with 2 heal comps we still have to use the kolto stations, and the slinger and I keep an eye out for each other and hit the stations as needed. We were able to win the fight with much relief. The Slinger and I finish the FP and we thanked each other for sticking it out through the wipes and added each other to friends list.

It is nice when people don't give up when facing a difficult challenge.

Trying to get my Guardian on EH to FINALLY finish Oricon, and so I start keeping an eye out for LFGs. My own guild had run all but Brontes while I was at work, so that was a no-go(apparently the Tentacle Queen bugged for them). I get a LFG, and join that. For whatever reason(the LFG popped around 11:45 pm IIRC, when EH is usually still busy), we couldn't find a second tank. Finally, after around 30 minutes, we got another tank.

This ended up being the smoothest run of DF I've ever done, not counting pre-4.0. We had no wipes, not even on Draxus or Brontes, one-shot everything, and only a few deaths. I was on adds duty for Grob'thok and Corrupter Zero, and tanked Brontes. Everyone was relaxed and joking around in ops chat. My co-tank, another Guardian, was very nice, as were our healers.

I'm going to have my Scoundrel heal for our guild's next attempt at Brontes later today. But at least one of my Pub characters is almost done with Oricon(my Shadow finished it back in 3.0, when DF was followed by DP in group finder). But I'm glad I had a smooth run with a PUG, especially in a rather challenging op(IMO, you can pretty much solo tank at least Grob'thok and Draxus, or at least have a fake tank with you).

I'm Usually The One Who Knows How To Do Stuff In My Group,And Always Try My Best To Help Anybody Who Is New To The Operation Or Flashpoint,I Had A Very Positive Experience Once In Kaon Where Me And My Groupmates Just Face-rolled Everything,Other Times I Usually Get A Decent Group In The Red Reaper That I Manage To Explain The Mechanics And They Follow It :D

Did a Ravagers GF-Run yesterday night, my guildmate an me were calling for tank, heal and 4 dps on fleet. We found a lvl 62 jugg-tank. First of all he told us, that he never was Ravagers before. "No problem." I said an switched to my darkness-sin. Some minutes later, our group was completed. While we were entering the instance, he came to our TS3-Server and I told him, to just follow my instructions, the bosses would be easy and it would be no problem, if he do somethin wrong - it's just storymode.

45 minutes later we have cleared all bosses without any wipe. and this guy was awesome. He taunted, when I said "taunt", he used his defensive cooldowns, when I told him to do so. Of course, he had some problems with aggro. After I explained him the triple-taunt-rotation, that was no problem any more. Why can't everyone be like him? Follow insructions and trust the guys beeing familiar with that content.

Did a Ravagers GF-Run yesterday night, my guildmate an me were calling for tank, heal and 4 dps on fleet. We found a lvl 62 jugg-tank. First of all he told us, that he never was Ravagers before. "No problem." I said an switched to my darkness-sin. Some minutes later, our group was completed. While we were entering the instance, he came to our TS3-Server and I told him, to just follow my instructions, the bosses would be easy and it would be no problem, if he do somethin wrong - it's just storymode.

45 minutes later we have cleared all bosses without any wipe. and this guy was awesome. He taunted, when I said "taunt", he used his defensive cooldowns, when I told him to do so. Of course, he had some problems with aggro. After I explained him the triple-taunt-rotation, that was no problem any more. Why can't everyone be like him? Follow insructions and trust the guys beeing familiar with that content.

Nice Guy!More Competent And Polite Than Some Veterans I Know.

I had such a smooth HM GF Cademimu tonight that I was stumped for a good 15 minutes afterwards. Near insta-pop, everyone from different guilds, all 65s, I believe. My Deception Sin, an Operative DPS handily using CCs and group stealth, an impeccable Sorc healer and a Jugg who guarded me the instant I zoned in and was on point throughout. Mechanics never needed to be mentioned (line of sighting without a word, the coordination was almost uncanny), and we even joked about typical PUG behavior/attitude:

Healer, on Guard: "Sure, let the healer grab all the aggro...!"

Ortol fight: "So, stand in the corner with the fire, right?"

It was not entirely seamless and we wiped once on Ortol (Operative died to shackle that wasn't even in fire, shame on you BW), but it was absolutely evident that we everyone knew what they were doing and had good raid awareness. Recovery from stuff like failing to stealth past mobs was super good, and Cademimu tends to be an awful disaster on trash if that happens.

Competence really shouldn't be a surprise in HM FPs, but it is, and it was a delight to be part of that group.

Edited by KhirsahRoshah

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly necro'ing this thread to bring you... The Most Awesome Legacy of the Rakata Flashpoint EVER.

There was me, a level 65 Telekinetics sage (love that class). There was a level 65 healer sage. There was a level 16 shadow tank. And there was a level-I-completely-forget DPS guardian (I couldn't be sure what Discipline he was...I know it *wasn't* Vigilance, because I didn't hear any yelling/screaming/howling battle cries whatsoever :p).

Anyway, business as normal up until we got to the Rancor and Rakata chief. The shadow was doing a fair job at being a tank, with what little resources he had. The healer was superb. The guardian was great. I was...doing my best. Which, as I didn't cause anyone to die or the group to wipe, was...passable? XD So, we get to the first boss, and right as we're all running in, the shadow goes ahead and pulls the boss.

Only one problem: he pulled too soon. The guardian got locked out of the arena, much to the alarm of the healer and I, who tried in vain to pull him into the arena...no luck. Okay. Um. We can do this! So I start blasting away at the bosses, while the shadow is keeping the attention of the rancor on him, and the healer is healing us.

Then the shadow got disconnected.

The healer and I had a collective OH CRAAAAAAAAAP moment as both bosses whirled around and made a beeline for us.

...so we tanked it.

Together.

Just the two of us.

We didn't die. We didn't even get close to death. The healer was AWESOME. She (female character) knew what she was doing and then some. I ran around like a headless chicken, tanking the rancor and moving its punches/swipes away from her, healed myself a bit, force armor...I *once* had to resort to force barrier. Once. For about four seconds. Then the healer basically unleashed a tornado of healing, and both of us barely went below 75% for the rest of the fight (which was really lengthy, for obvious reasons).

Just me and the spectacular, amazingly awesome sage healer, and we killed both bosses. :eek:

Me at the end: ...I can't believe we just did that.

The sage healer continued to be completely amazing throughout the rest of the flashpoint. We had to kick the previous tank, as he never reconnected, and the guardian shrugged and said "guess I'll tank now." He switched forms to Soresu, and proceeded to tank the rest of the flashpoint. Darn near flawlessly. We got a replacement in the form of a vanguard DPS who...wasn't great at vanguard-ing? I saw Hammer Shot almost constantly, with few other skills...well, then again, my own vanguard is a tank, so I don't know about the DPS Disciplines. Even with that, we pretty much drove a giant steamroller over the second boss (I keep forgetting his name, the cyborg and his Infinite Army), then pumped that steamroller full of several dozen tons of cement and completely flattened Arkous and Darok on the first try.

...sorry. I tend to gush over stuff like that. Completely awesome stuff, where the healer is exceedingly, above-and-beyond competent, and someone can just switch from DPS to tank and do an amazing job at it. Hats off to you two!!

About a year ago I was tanking HM Rakata and I got a healer who was awesome. My only problem was he kept pulling the trash mobs before me, and I would get aggro back, stack them up and we'd still clear them no problem. I was still getting annoyed since, you know, tank pulls and finally I just let a mob kill him and jumped in after he died. He laughed, I laughed, we sped through the rest of the FP with no casualties and I pulled everything first. Great healer that made for a super short run.

I'm Usually The One Who Knows How To Do Stuff In My Group,And Always Try My Best To Help Anybody Who Is New To The Operation Or Flashpoint,I Had A Very Positive Experience Once In Kaon Where Me And My Groupmates Just Face-rolled Everything,Other Times I Usually Get A Decent Group In The Red Reaper That I Manage To Explain The Mechanics And They Follow It :D

You should pay more attention to school instead of playing SWTOR.

Your "writings" made my eyes bleed :sul_evil:

So last night I was after a quick easy FP run to fill out [Weekly] searching for allies and a queue popped.

There was a lvl 38 sin, lvl mid 40s Jugg, my 63 Lethality Op and a 15 Merc, all DPS and I don't recognise anyone by name (odd since I largely levelled my op through FPs trying to get the KDY title). Okay, so the merc might become a problem but we can always carry or kick him. I click and we zone in. It's Foundry. Already I foresee us chugging through mob after mob of easily avoided chain-pulls with everyone demanding offheals (MDPS can get so whiny at times :p).

As soon as I zone in, the two Sith drop out. Okay, so much for that. I'm about to do the same thing when I notice the merc is wearing Legacy SI gear, (the endgame gear from around the time of Makeb), and so I stay in and see how we go. Merc reveals it's her (toon is female) first time, but she has a JK main, and I recognise the guy from PVP (and he is a total beast).

Anyway, so we go through watching the cutscenes (Jeff Bennett ftw) and aside molten burst on the first boss, there are no deaths at all (my fault, I didn't explain the mechanics because 'everyone' knows them by now). No new people join despite being queues so we use Mako and Kaliyo for the rest. we clear it main and bonus and I now have this beast of a PVPer on my friend list

So in short, that lvl 15 nub you snub might turn out to be a boss.

• 7 months later...

Ah didnt know this thread even exists!

Anyway, there are so many stories to tell, but i will just summarize as the main idea was to necro the thread.

I have been doing over 350 HM FPS in a month in order to get 100% FPS before 5.0 and I can tell you the things I have seen would just blow you away!! However, I kept my cool (mostly) and tried to make it work. I was mostly healing or tanking since otherwise you dont get a pop. I can tell you it was (and still is, need 83 more FPS) hell!

I was explaining tactics, pulll dps out of fire, pulling over 6k hps on HM FPS bosses and so on. It took a lot of effort but it is possible!! We also had a premade of tank healer for some FPS so the people we carried didnt even realize they were doing one of the hardest FPS in the game now :D

I just hope I will finish before 5.0 and never return to HM FPS again :D

I’ve met tons of amazing players in Group Finder in the past few weeks, and I want to give them all a shout-out.

Years ago, I was part of a tiny guild with my husband and some real-life friends. We did some story-mode flashpoints together, but it was hard to coordinate our schedules, so we were all basically solo players even then. Sadly, everyone in the guild eventually left the game, and since then I’ve played completely solo, except for a few Heroic pickup groups. This has been fine—my playtime is limited, and I’m mainly here for the story, companion interactions, strongholds, Space Barbie, and a little crafting. I’m frankly not a great player, and I don’t want to be the person dragging a group down. I also don’t want to be yelled at, even (or especially) if it’s deserved! So I figured I was doing myself and everyone else a favor by staying out of Group Finder.

When DvL came out, I didn’t even consider the Legendary tier—I don’t have the time or the skill. I was tempted by Eternal, though, since both companions looked interesting. So I decided to get all the solo stuff for it done, then see where I was. Well, with about 2 weeks to go, I realized that I could get to Eternal if I could just make myself do the required tactical flashpoints and get to Valor 5. I swallowed hard, read some guides, and joined Group Finder and the midbie PVP queue. At the start, I let everyone know I was a solo noob and apologized in advance for mistakes. (Unfortunately, in my first PVP match ever, I accidentally broadcast this on General—sorry team!) Everyone was either encouraging or silent in chat, though I’m sure there were some sighs and eye-rolls among my teammates.

Most of the FPs went surprisingly well, and even in the few that didn’t, no one was mean or abusive. I just got to Eternal this afternoon after a white-knuckle run through Czerka Core Meltdown with a very patient group. We wiped several times on the sandstorm boss, but everyone stuck with it, and we finally made it through when a teammate kindly re-specced to heals. Overall, this has been a really positive experience, and it’s even encouraged me to give Uprisings a try in 5.0.

TL;DR: Solo player gets to Eternal tier thanks to the kindness and skill of the awesome people in the Ebon Hawk Group Finder. Thanks also to Dulfy and Going Commando for great FP guides and to Swtorista for her Academy PVP videos!

• 2 months later...

Thank goodness I found this thread again!

Mid last week, my Shadow on JC got a pop for an Uprising. Turned out to be Crimson Fang, which I had attempted to PUG with my Sentinel in a 3 DPS, 1 tank group and had failed miserably on, even with Dulfy's excellent guide. This PUG was initially me as a tank, a Vanguard tank, a Guardian DPS, and another DPS whose class I don't remember.

I load in, and it's already only me and the Guardian. I ask him why the other two left and he said, "no idea". I mean, I definitely understand leaving some groups(jump happy Sents/Maras, Blood Hunt, etc). But we hadn't even approached the first boss yet. I scrolled group chat and didn't even see anything along the lines of "oh not this ****'. The other tank and DPS literally left for no apparent reason.

The Guardian has Nico out, set to heals, and tells me to pull out my highest rank comp for healing. That's Nadia, at rank 23. I tell him I struggled on a different toon in this uprising before, and that I've got Dulfy pulled up on my phone.

So we go to the first boss...and it's very smooth. The adds kept coming, but I spammed Whirling Blow and Slow Time as best as I could.

Next boss was even easier, as were the droids, and the bonus mission of rescuing Whisper. Along the way, the guy is giving me advice on what to do, in addition to me checking the guide all the time. He was very patient and relaxed. The Red Huntress went okay until her Revan-esque soft enrage, where we both died to her AOE. Second time, I died when she was ~10% and the Guardian finished her off.

I've only met a handful of more patient and helpful people outside of my guilds before, and I was really glad to have met this guy. I thanked him for his advice, added him to my friends list and praised him in my guild's chat.

I’ve met tons of amazing players in Group Finder in the past few weeks, and I want to give them all a shout-out.

This as well. My grouping experiences lately have been mostly delightful. Three I'd like to highlight in particular:

- The Red Reaper run I wrote about previously, with the "bot." Short version: we three and a comp, healer was not participating and so was eventually (after ALOT of patience) kicked. My new friend and I continued, and since it was my first time she talked me through all the mechanics and shortcuts. We succeeded, did 2 more FP's and she even invited me to her guild afterward!

- The other Red Reaper I did last week. I was in full Bonehead Mode during the last boss fight. I got knocked over the edge almost immediately, and then couldn't get back to the fight, because they were still in combat and I couldn't get into the elevator, even though the other guy that died the same time I did got in just fine. Eventually the other 2 died but we somehow stayed in combat and I couldn't get in the elevator. Comedy ensued as we tried dying and respawning various ways, none of which managed to break combat. I took on the 2 turrets by the respawn myself, with predictable results, and then one of my chums tried to rez me and met a similar fate. Eventually we all died and respawned and combat ended, we did the bit on the final boss with the adds, boss is on the bridge, so I Shadow Stride from the dead add to the boss.... and landed in the pit again. Luckily he was nearly dead and the lads finished him off, and even waited for me to get back to collect the reward.

- Destroyer of Worlds Uprising. None of us had done it and thus didn't know the boss mechanics. We wiped, well, 3 of us wiped and the fourth Sage masterfully kited Adelaide for about 5 more minutes. I assume he eventually went down because at that point the game booted me, the one where the entire server list disappears. So it was a good 7 minutes before I was able to get back on the game. To my surprise, I was greeted by a popup asking me if I wanted to return to the zone I was in. I found my 3 partners there at the respawn patiently waiting for me to return. THEY WAITED FOR ME. I thought for sure I'd have been votekicked (if you can even do that in Uprisings) but they waited patiently 7-10 minutes. After another wipe we had worked out the mechanics enough (and the actual range f her circles which were damaging us beyond their shown range) and managed to take her down on our third attempt. I even got the killing blow!

Also want to give an eternal shoutout to the guy who, pre-5.0, managed to not only pull together a late night KP PUG in chat, but managed to convince me.... ME, a devout solo player, into coming along for my first ever operation. He led competently, patiently talked us through mechanics, kept us all alive and moving, and made the experience the exact opposite of every raid horror story I've ever heard. Wish I could remember his name and I sincerely hope he hasn't quit by now.

Finally got a post to toss in here.

Rerolled a guard tank after getting my vigil guard and heals sage to 70. Hit the GF intro quest and got Malestrom Prison. me the tank, a heals sage, and 2 jedi dps I believe. Cleared all the bonus content, heals were great, I apparetly didn't suck at tanking, and dps were good. Two I believe were 70 which really helped. One never did the FP before, but everyone ran like clock work.

One wipe on optic laser dude, and one wipe on Kilgron. One died during a bad trash pull, but beyond that it was a sweet run. Put everyone on my friend list and we all went our separate ways.

Had a good run, I walked away with two 25 lv. implants which my tank really needed. Lots of exp, just popped to either 28-29 and I'm just about to go to Ord Mantell, and a nice bit of cash, and a few high tier mats for my gathering.

Just tonight, had a run on Directive 7, sage healer, guardian "tank", shadow tank, and me on my current vanguard tank. Don't recall our levels exactly, although i think I was 59, cause I had Storm. Had never actually run it in tactical mode, and the sage right off the bat apologized if he seemed like a "noob". I told him it was ok and we started off, although the shadow didn't move with us. We took on the first elite spider droid thing kill it. The sage ends up with a probe droid attacking him, so I quickly use harpoon and get it off him. Meanwhile, the guardian decides to jump into the next mob, and then types "heal me". We don't see it in time, plus anhealer and tank don't have the greatest damage, so..he Dies. Then myself. Then the sage. The shadow managed to drop aggro and the mob reset, and we hurry and respawn. Guardian just decides to leave.

I'm thinking we can still do it (thankfully, I was right), and we start off. Turns out, shadow was busy respeccing to dps. I summon Aric in damage spec, and we start off. First few bosses went well. Slow, but well.

Then we get to Bulwark.

I think we wiped...3 times? Maybe 4? In the second attempt i notice our healer in melee range and remember he said he was newer, so after that wipe I mention that he doesn't have to be in melee range and can be farther back. The shadow reminds us about the kolto packs that we kept forgetting about. We try again, healer farther back, us hitting koltos....wipe. At this point i'm confused and surprised that they aren't upset. I look up Bulwark on Dulfy and learn about the control panels (never leanred that in SM -_-), explain it to the group, and we try again. Shadow died midnfight, but safe combat rezzed him so we could keep trying. Cleared it beautifully at that point.

We move on, shadow randomly hitting bonus objectives even though we had already passed too many, but I let him be. Our sage draws aggro on a probe droid as itnpassed, and for fun, I transposed him out and started hitting the droid. Slight satisfaction over being able to actaully use that.

We get to Mentor, and before we walk through the door, I ask if they knew what to do, given how the other fights went. Both say no. It's at this point that the shadow also mentions that it's one of his first times doing this type of content. I'm stunned, given the trouble with bulwark and some other silly situations. I give them a quick rundown of the fight, and after the conversation, show them the converters we need to destroy. Outside of some lower hp moments from the turrets, the fight went incredibly smoothly for a rookie leader, a level 16ish comp, and 2 new group players. No wipes on Mentor, not a single one of us fell. One of my favorite grouos, despite the rough start.

......I just hope my poor leadership earlier on didn't turn them off group content.

• 2 weeks later...
Had to do Athiss FP for conquest, so i registered in group finder. Got a team in 2 minutes : two lvl 70 imperial agents ( one operative one sniper) , a lvl 26 marauder and me - lvl 70 merc. When we reached the mad professor - sorry i never get her name right - the IA started arguing and insulting each other , a dispute about the skills or something like that. Then, both IA ragequit the team. Instead of finding replacements, we used companions - both summoned Shae Vizla :D. The rest of the FP went smoothly because this marauder knew what to do, despite of her not having legendary status or tons of achievements - i guess she was really a beginner. Cannot give her name - she asked me not to - but if you read this, THANK YOU ! I wish more players were like you :)

Had to do Athiss FP for conquest, so i registered in group finder. Got a team in 2 minutes : two lvl 70 imperial agents ( one operative one sniper) , a lvl 26 marauder and me - lvl 70 merc. When we reached the mad professor - sorry i never get her name right - the IA started arguing and insulting each other , a dispute about the skills or something like that. Then, both IA ragequit the team. Instead of finding replacements, we used companions - both summoned Shae Vizla :D. The rest of the FP went smoothly because this marauder knew what to do, despite of her not having legendary status or tons of achievements - i guess she was really a beginner. Cannot give her name - she asked me not to - but if you read this, THANK YOU ! I wish more players were like you :)

This is why you should never assume that someone is clueless just because they don't have a lot of achievements. Number one, people sometimes play on multiple servers, so the Marauder could have very well known Athiss like the back of her hand. Number two, it's always possible that some people are smart enough to research their class to figure out what they're doing. :p

But I'm glad it worked out for you, especially seeing how the forums tend to drag Maras/Sents. :)