To Everyone Rockin' a "Useless" Spec in PvP

-Dark-

I'd like to formally say congrats on being different. Most of you probably go unnoticed, but its about time someone says that you guys all rock :) . This goes out to those using Tactics, Vigilance, Concealment (I think that's the one I've heard Ops complain about), and all of those other "useless" specs out there. It's cool to see people tending away from FOTM specs and using the spec that is not usually played. So this is me telling you all congrats, because most of you go about doing freakin' awesome in warzones and nobody really recognizes you for it.

- :)

Lol ray, love what you did to the dumpster truck after his firepit attempt backfired. Lol. :D And dat beard. :rak_03:

well 1.4 is the one I remember that literally killed that spec.

May have been the killing blow, but it was like the third unnecessary nerf they gave to the spec.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I agree with Neo your best kill in that match was the reverse fire pit kill although he could have just finished you with a force leap which would have rooted you and hopped off the edge to leave you no target to to leap to. He was kind of foolish to give you a target and by walking over a pit himself nice job taking advantage of that.

Your Wrecks kill you had a gunslinger and sage help and it was the sages stun that did him in you just started it.

On Topic

To the OP Sorc/Sages have had a useless spec since 1.2 it's any of our dps specs. If you don't believe me go look on the class forums and see the multiple 30+ page threads pleading for a buff and threatening to end membership over it. A lot of Sorc/Sages have simply rerolled or left the game since it's a very underpowered class and is soft like butter. We are the glass cannon without the cannon.

If Sorc/Sages had a talent that reduced Death Field by 3 seconds and buffed it 20% to it's damage

2 instant abilities that made our Death Field Auto Crit

Change it to 5 targets instead of 3

give us a stacking dot that up's Death Field Damage by 25% that stacks 4 times to 100%

give us a self buff that up's our energy spells armor penetration by 30%

give us an instat ability that will give us 4 stacks of our 25% bonus damage stacking buff

this would let use stack nothing but power and surge

then leave us that way for 8+ months.

People would cry nerf!

Now put the shoe on the other foot for warriors/knights insted of a reduction in cooldown in rage type spec on smash and an increase in damage 20% lets just give them 2% bonus to strength.

Instead of 2 instant auto crit abilities for smash lets just give them15% reduction to periodic effects

Instead of a stacking buff that gives them 25% damage per stack x4 lets make their force crush last 2 seconds longer. Whoopie!

instead of 30% armor penetration lets give them a whole 1% healing on their dot damage for 2 talent points. Yeay win!

and finally instead of a instant buff of 100% bonus to your next smash they get a 60% bonus crit on their next two abilities on a 90 second cooldown.

That would be the most "Useless" warrior spec ever....oh wait.

To all of the Republic Sages and Imperial Sorcs playing at a high level I give you Kudos because you need to have a high skill set to play this class well.

Holy cow, that is more text than the entire rest of the thread, can we get a tl;dr?:D

That's Useless since 1.2 not mention the nerf to Stun Range along the way. I didn't even get into baseline cc other classes have that's more effective then our cc that we have to spec into. So don't get me started.:p

I agree with Neo your best kill in that match was the reverse fire pit kill although he could have just finished you with a force leap which would have rooted you and hopped off the edge to leave you no target to to leap to. He was kind of foolish to give you a target and by walking over a pit himself nice job taking advantage of that.

Your Wrecks kill you had a gunslinger and sage help and it was the sages stun that did him in you just started it.

On Topic

To the OP Sorc/Sages have had a useless spec since 1.2 it's any of our dps specs. If you don't believe me go look on the class forums and see the multiple 30+ page threads pleading for a buff and threatening to end membership over it. A lot of Sorc/Sages have simply rerolled or left the game since it's a very underpowered class and is soft like butter. We are the glass cannon without the cannon.

If Sorc/Sages had a talent that reduced Death Field by 3 seconds and buffed it 20% to it's damage

2 instant abilities that made our Death Field Auto Crit

Change it to 5 targets instead of 3

give us a stacking dot that up's Death Field Damage by 25% that stacks 4 times to 100%

give us a self buff that up's our energy spells armor penetration by 30%

give us an instat ability that will give us 4 stacks of our 25% bonus damage stacking buff

this would let use stack nothing but power and surge

then leave us that way for 8+ months.

People would cry nerf!

Now put the shoe on the other foot for warriors/knights insted of a reduction in cooldown in rage type spec on smash and an increase in damage 20% lets just give them 2% bonus to strength.

Instead of 2 instant auto crit abilities for smash lets just give them15% reduction to periodic effects

Instead of a stacking buff that gives them 25% damage per stack x4 lets make their force crush last 2 seconds longer. Whoopie!

instead of 30% armor penetration lets give them a whole 1% healing on their dot damage for 2 talent points. Yeay win!

and finally instead of a instant buff of 100% bonus to your next smash they get a 60% bonus crit on their next two abilities on a 90 second cooldown.

That would be the most "Useless" warrior spec ever....oh wait.

To all of the Republic Sages and Imperial Sorcs playing at a high level I give you Kudos because you need to have a high skill set to play this class well.

I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY DASH! even tho I love your line of sighting *** I LOVE MY ACID PIT WRECKS KILL! and @4:30 into the vid idk what sage you saw I only see gunslinger shots and i didnt say i got a 1v1 kill on the guy I just love the way he died lmao

BACKPEDALS!!!

Was either a Sage or a Shadow If you look at the fire pit you can see a green name, the siloette and the kicker you can hear pebbles being thrown!...my first 50 was a Sage I know my sounds.

Look who the ball went to :D

I hate games like that when it feels like it's you vs 8. In a few instanes you were doing the good ole 1 v 5. You can't even begin to play the objectives because your being swarmed everywhere and not getting a lot of help.

Edited by Devinia-Hex
Correction

Personally I think Tele Sages (with bubble stun) are pretty good. I run that spec on my lowbie sage (lvl 34) and I've taken out high level 40's 1v1 in warzones. I mean what's so hard about dropping a slow on a melee who just leap'd onto you, he's gonna pop your bubble and get stunned (if your a smart sage/sorc your always got you bubble up) then force speed away for distance. Drop your DoT (Weaken Mind) force armor bubble (with the stun lol) Star Dps'n while he slowly tries to close the gap, then he's gonna break the bubble again to get stunned get distance Dps some more. Then Knockback (also has root) then dps some more. by the then melee has his leap so he's gonna leap again and hopefully you got ur bubble up (like a smart player) or its 1 sec away from being off CD. Drop the slow again force speed for distance and dps some more. I do it all they time and It f''n works. But hey thats just lowbie PvP.

and Dash you are talking about the fire pit kill @3:15 into the vid. I thought I was becoming stupid but yea... we're talking about 2 dif kills. @4:30 ACID BATH WRECKS! WOOO! on his back like a B**** :p