Rotation for PT

The_True_Izanagi

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to know for Pyro :)

There is a guide coming from one of the veteran player and a theory crafter soon but in the meantime,

Resh’s Pyro Guide cheat sheet!

Load 4 shoulder cannon stacks and flame sweep twice before combat for searing wave stacks.

Searing, Filler, immolate, Filler, incendiary, Filler, railshot, Filler x3

Searing, Filler, immolate, Filler, incendiary, Filler, railshot, Filler, scorch, filler. Repeat

Fillers: Flaming fist (on CD) > flame burst = rapid shots to control heat.

In opener very first filler is scorch. Use fuel+adrenal before immolate. Parsing use Power Yield before railshot or searing wave to get the most out of its 10 second buff. In content Power Yield is better saved for when you can fully stack it even if it’s not used in fuel window. During fuel go crazy with heat, as long as you don’t go over 80% you’ll reach zero by the end of your reduced cost buff. Thermal sensor override should be used with searing wave, if using flame dissipation it’s used with railshot or an unprocced flame burst. Best returns on vent heat is if heat is between 50-60.

Optimal gear set is Meteor Brawler

Optimal tactical for all situations is Superheated Fuel

Optimal amplifiers are tech wizardry.

Accuracy 1589

Alacrity 1213, (1895 if alac guild perk is active)

Rest into crit

SA/FR relics and attack adrenal in non-synced content

DV/PF relics and critical adrenal in synced content

Accuracy stim best stim

Skillful: Iron Will, Reflective Armor, 3rd for preference (engulfing flames/gyro jets most common bracer propellant rare)

Masterful: Pyro Shield, Hitman, 3rd for preference (mostly sonic rebounder)

Heroic: Liquid Cooling, Combustion Chamber, Overdrive.

My issue with this "rotation" is that it feels incredible awkward and clunky. There are 2 DoTs, one of which is twice as long as the other, and there is no spammable ability, meaning you're using Rapid Shots typically 3 out of every 10 GCDs, because Flame Burst has such a high heat cost.

Compare that to other DPS specs- Gunnery Commandos have Grav Round, Lightning Sorcerers have Lightning Bolt, Marksmanship Snipers have Snipe, and Carnage Marauders have Massacre. Even other DoT specs make more sense- Virulence Snipers still have a spammable ability (Lethal Shot), Ruffian Scoundrels have 2 DoTs with the same duration and a very logical flow such that you only end up using 1 basic attack every 10 or so GCDs, and heck even Vigilance Guardians (which are also a DoT spec) have a perfect rotation such that even if you screw it up (as I do quite often), you only have to use 1 basic attack every 12-15 GCDs.

Every time I come back to playing my Pyrotech Powertech, I feel so underwhelmed by just how bad the whole rotation feels. Am I alone in this?

My issue with this "rotation" is that it feels incredible awkward and clunky. There are 2 DoTs, one of which is twice as long as the other, and there is no spammable ability, meaning you're using Rapid Shots typically 3 out of every 10 GCDs, because Flame Burst has such a high heat cost.

Compare that to other DPS specs- Gunnery Commandos have Grav Round, Lightning Sorcerers have Lightning Bolt, Marksmanship Snipers have Snipe, and Carnage Marauders have Massacre. Even other DoT specs make more sense- Virulence Snipers still have a spammable ability (Lethal Shot), Ruffian Scoundrels have 2 DoTs with the same duration and a very logical flow such that you only end up using 1 basic attack every 10 or so GCDs, and heck even Vigilance Guardians (which are also a DoT spec) have a perfect rotation such that even if you screw it up (as I do quite often), you only have to use 1 basic attack every 12-15 GCDs.

Every time I come back to playing my Pyrotech Powertech, I feel so underwhelmed by just how bad the whole rotation feels. Am I alone in this?

You are not, but here is a logic and a solution for you. Pt is a high risk, high reward class. You take damage you do damage, you have insane burst, and with resource management, you are always in edge, one wrong flame burst, you will overheat without recovery. Too many auto-attack, you won't do optimal damage. Imo that is the beauty of the talent tree and the class.

With meteor brawler set heat management issues almost non-existing. After the opener ends, you are going back to 0 heat without using the vent heat or tso. But if you want to drop auto-attack completely you can use the " Flame Dissipation" tactical. But overall it's a DPS loss

Edited by lord-angelus

Thank you for your response :D

I know that your post above says that Superheated Fuel is the best Tactical in all situations, but is there anything wrong with using Flame Dissipation to start? At first glance it certainly seems more appealing.

It's a dps loss. You can parse on the dummy and see the difference yourself. I don't remember the number but they were uncomprable even on longest fight. If you are more comfortable then sure play that way but Pt lives for the damage. Always stand in stupid and fluff. I can't imagine any pt main takes anything inferior dps wise even if it means more survivalibity (which it doesn't in this case)

But play your way ^^

It's a dps loss. You can parse on the dummy and see the difference yourself. I don't remember the number but they were uncomprable even on longest fight. If you are more comfortable then sure play that way but Pt lives for the damage. Always stand in stupid and fluff. I can't imagine any pt main takes anything inferior dps wise even if it means more survivalibity (which it doesn't in this case)

But play your way ^^

Thank you again! I appreciate the info

Thank you for your response :D

I know that your post above says that Superheated Fuel is the best Tactical in all situations, but is there anything wrong with using Flame Dissipation to start? At first glance it certainly seems more appealing.

After reading this post and reading angelus’s reply I decided to try superheated fuel as I had flame dissipation. Dear God did it make a huge difference. On my ships dummy it has a near 4K dps difference in favor of superheated fuel.

In fp’s and ops it is very useful in fights where there a lot of breaks ( soa as an example )

P.s. there is nothing more satisfying that seeing a waterfall of crits drop when it is used.