Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular

EricMusco

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me remind those, who are happy about these changes that it is mainly sorcs and sages that keep them alive in a Warzone. They will all disappear and the very same people will cry for more healers.

Got that right. They could have left sorc heals exactly how it was for all I care. I need their heals in PVP. This is going to hurt a lot of melee players in WZs. Marauders, Assassins, Juggs and DPS sorcs are gonna feel this.

This will undoubtedly be felt in Operations as well, but I think it may prove to be more pronounced in PVP.

I only vote for healers in WZs [assuming there was one on my team] because you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Comparing performance between when there is a healer and when there isn't is night and day for several classes/specs.

People are saying "Ohh finally! Now people will actually die!"

Yup, and you are going to be one of them.

If people weren't dieing already, a career in DPS is not for you! heh

Grim <3's Healers =]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Why ppl complain? Its a needed nerf, 80% of healers in the game are sorcs atm, guess why.

okay now think on those DPS sorc nerfs on that list......

also look at the size of those numbers for healers.....

Edited by Zolxtren

Why ppl complain? Its a needed nerf, 80% of healers in the game are sorcs atm, guess why.

It's not about the numbers or percentages, it's about what they chose to nerf. Nerfing revivification is retarded, if you say otherwise; you are not a healer that this is addressing.

Got that right. They could have left sorc heals exactly how it was for all I care. I need their heals in PVP. This is going to hurt a lot of melee players in WZs. Marauders, Assassins, Juggs and DPS sorcs are gonna feel this.

This will undoubtedly be felt in Operations as well, but I think it may prove to be more pronounced in PVP.

I only vote for healers in WZs [assuming there was one on my team] because you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Comparing performance between when there is a healer and when there isn't is night and day for several classes/specs.

People are saying "Ohh finally! Now people will actually die!"

Yup, and you are going to be one of them.

If people weren't dieing already, a career in DPS is not for you! heh

Grim <3's Healers =]

Never mind that healers are almost always at the bottom of the medal list. I have a WZ where I did 8.5 MIL healing and got 4 medals...... (fighting for an uncontrolled node for nearly an entire match of Civil War - which we did not take). FOUR. 8.5 mil healing....

I play all three healing classes and with 5.0 and the force changes my sorc heal parses in operations dropped 1000 hps and i saw no change at all in pvp...now you hit a healer with a sledger hammer and expect them to do their job totally ridiculous....my arsenal merc is gone and now my 3 sorc healers....WOW !!!

Never mind that healers are almost always at the bottom of the medal list. I have a WZ where I did 8.5 MIL healing and got 4 medals...... (fighting for an uncontrolled node for nearly an entire match of Civil War - which we did not take). FOUR. 8.5 mil healing....

And people would come and say "how come you have so huge healing points, sorc heals op" while all they did the whole match is beat at the tanks.

Without commensurate buffs to our DPS Bioware will be basically eliminating Sorcs/Sages from the game. Yes, we needed a nerf in healing, but with this there will likely be no reason to use us whatsoever now, heals or dps. Let's at least test this on the PTS before such a drastic nerf is made.

Sorc/sages will have to and at all times be accompanied by a tank in PvP, this is apparent now. I have mained a seer sage for years and the changes hurt...a lot, however they are over powered and I know this all too well. Hopefully in the next game expansion seer/corruption will get another defensive to compensate for this massive nerf.

I for one can't wait to see if the changes coming in 5.3 equate to a new dynamic, the need for a complete overhaul in PvP is the main reason I am not massively annoyed by my main class and spec falling from grace.

RIP: Seer/Corruption 2012 - 2017

Sorc/sages will have to and at all times be accompanied by a tank in PvP, this is apparent now. I have mained a seer sage for years and the changes hurt...a lot, however they are over powered and I know this all too well. Hopefully in the next game expansion seer/corruption will get another defensive to compensate for this massive nerf.

I for one can't wait to see if the changes coming in 5.3 equate to a new dynamic, the need for a complete overhaul in PvP is the main reason I am not massively annoyed by my main class and spec falling from grace.

RIP: Seer/Corruption 2012 - 2017

They don't want an overhaul. They want to earn a paycheck. Even their "transparent" post on how they do class balance is ******** if they don't tell us what they expect each class to be.

I think, we are lucky in our raiding group, that only one of our 3 Healers mains a Sage.

However, the ppl maining gunnery mando and seer sage maybe should consider swapping roles: Bugged Telecinetics and Combat Medic Mando. :D

They don't want an overhaul. They want to earn a paycheck. Even their "transparent" post on how they do class balance is ******** if they don't tell us what they expect each class to be.

I agree, they need a more complex equation in order to balance PvP. Using an ops formula just don't cut it I'm afraid.

maybe because the other 2 specs of sorcs are broken while those for mercs and operatives are alot of fun (and more usuful)?

i would like to play DPS in pvp but what happens then? i am always first target and dying alot and fast. so the only possibility to actually have fun in pvp as sorc was playing the healer spec.

and in pve for ops nobody really wanted the dps sorc - you had to look for groups much much longer than in heal spec.

and now guess again why there are (or better were) so many sorc healers out there?

i was looking forward to the class balance patches because i thought after this patch i could play the dps spec again - but what happens instead? the heal spec gets nerfed so bad that it won't be fun at all. and to top it, the dps spec i play doesn't get buffed but nerfed even more for pvp (lol).

I really feel like they are just trying to make the Sorc useless. People are happy because there won't be anymore God heals, but really? When someone in pvp starts attacking my sorc I have to refocus my attention to staying alive and hoping that the person's dps is low, or that they don't know what they're doing. and if more than one person focuses me, I'm screwed. Sure I can survive for a long time, by healing "myself". When we are targeted we aren't doing our team mates any good, because we are just trying to stay alive. Other healers are happy because they will be able to compete with our healing, but are you only looking at that stat? What about defense? What about damage? We have great healing because we suck at everything else! Healing is what our class has become known for, and now that's a problem because we do a good job at it? I really believe that the number of corruption sorcs that there are don't matter; just because they play the class doesn't mean they are good at it, it takes alot of concentration and skill to be the kind of Corrupt Sorc that alot of you are not liking.

I've been in way to many ops where the other healer is trying to do damage, and it puts a huge burden on me to keep the group healed, but I've been able to do that because of how the healing is set up now. It is balanced due to the fact that we have no defense, and our attack is laughable, I imagine when a corruption sorc shocks someone in pvp its like getting a static shock in walmart. Actually no, because those static shocks are actually annoying. What's wrong with a class having higher HPS than other classes when they have lower stats for everything else?

And revivification. WHY? I'm at the point to where the only reason I use this is to try to keep my HPS number up if I have the time, or if a group is at full health to make it 0.001(exageration) percent easier to keep everyone healed, why even have the skill now? It's become a residual skill, with a very low residual yield, and now this..

Edited by ResidingEvil

The tears in this thread are glorious.

Such a long time as the top dog healer, blatently overpowered which ruined pvp and made pve healing trivial. The moment they get balanced to be equal to mercs and operative healers the crys of OMG unsub and not playing anymore come out.

If you cant heal on anything that is not overpowered, dont heal at all, period. Balance is good for the game.