Why SWG was better..

kegster

1. dull for some, but for most it was perhaps the best crafting game in a mmo to this date.

2. say what?

3. say what what.. ?

4. say what what what.. ?

5. aye it got VERY inflated the last 3 or so years

6. pre-NGE it was uber! - swtor is kinda generic/dull huh?

7. barley used.. say what?

8. aye, agree on this one

9. SWG->SWTOR in so many ways it should not be possible..

10. macro-wars! (pre-nge) lol, agree to a sertain degree.. (bust'a'ryhme)

I dont think you actually played this game much.. pre-cu, cu or nge based on what you are saying.

I played for over a year but joined after NGE was added, i've also played the SWGEMU and just find levelling a profession is a dull repetetive grind.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. dull for some, but for most it was perhaps the best crafting game in a mmo to this date.

2. say what?

3. say what what.. ?

4. say what what what.. ?

5. aye it got VERY inflated the last 3 or so years

6. pre-NGE it was uber! - swtor is kinda generic/dull huh?

7. barley used.. say what?

8. aye, agree on this one

9. SWG->SWTOR in so many ways it should not be possible..

10. macro-wars! (pre-nge) lol, agree to a sertain degree.. (bust'a'ryhme)

I dont think you actually played this game much.. pre-cu, cu or nge based on what you are saying.

Open pvp during the current state of swg, is pretty much similar to that of this game. Everyone just camped out restuss and pretty much refused to go anywhere else other than invasion going in bestine or keren. Swtor class system is far better than what swg offered when the game ended. Everyone had the same expertise without any actual choices to be made. I do realize that this game offers cookie cutter specs for the most part, but its still more diverse than what swg offered. The one thing that swtor failed out was the class restrictions with factions. The guy was pretty accurate with the species selection of swg, majority were either human or twilek.

Crafting was definately better in swg, but when the cu hit and the nge hit, the crafting profession was useless except for creating armor/clothing/weapon attachments when a person got bored with their suit. Or making an exceptional weapon that was dropped in one the heroics.

Okay don't freak out, this is just one gamers look at two different games.

1. Crafting was far supierior in SWG.

2. Open world pvp, far supierior in SWG.

3. Playable races, far supierior in SWG.

4. Communinty far supierior in SWG.

5. Economy, flawed but supierior in SWG.

6. Classes , (pre-cu,Cu,NGE) supierior in SWG.

7. Player bounty system in SWG

8. Skill based PVP, not gear based in SWG

9. Player houseing, in SWG

10. MACROS

Now, tell me where i'm wrong and flame me. Please do i love it. And give me ur top ten reasons this is better than SWG. P.S. WOW subsribers need not apply cause we don't care!

I'm going to answer this with one, swift sentence.

THIS ISN'T A SANDBOX MMO, CASE CLOSED.

Seriously, stop bloody comparing it to this.

Edited by Oonkeh_

Okay don't freak out, this is just one gamers look at two different games.

7. Player bounty system in SWG

8. Skill based PVP, not gear based in SWG

9. Player houseing, in SWG

10. MACROS

Now, tell me where i'm wrong and flame me. Please do i love it. And give me ur top ten reasons this is better than SWG. P.S. WOW subsribers need not apply cause we don't care!

Open World PVP was horrible. SWG lagged really bad when you had more then 30 people on screen. Add in the fact that combat medics where the most powerfull class as they could easily 1 shot your mind stat and kill you from over 100 meters away.

Classes absolutely not. The class system was just horrible. Unless of course you LOVED grinding. People say SWG had no levels and in way it didn't it had skill levels that required you to grind for MONTHS to make progress.

BTW SWG quest system was the WORST in any MMO.

I could go on about the other points you made but i'm tired and thought I would just talk about the majorly bad ones.

Skill based PVP?

Say that to my old Legendary 1900-2700 Rifle with a 800 tick mind dot.

We had people in our guild that went pvping without any buffs because by the time people got near them, they had a black bar in their buffed mind.

SWG was a better SOCIAL game. SWTOR is a superior game itself with a lot less stupid bugs. Just read archives and see how many complaints was posted a day, it was 5 times more than here and there was only a population of half a million on that game.

- The odd loots

- The amazing crafting system that was also very unbalanced at times. "Oops, that unique resource we need to add stun resist to our armor didn't spawn in the last 7 months..."

- You're chilling in a cantina and suddenly, you slide 5.5 KM back into the desert, in front of a Krait Dragon... good times.

- The extremely easy to exploit PVP bases.

- Carbineer

- Stacking stats to become untouchable

- hologrind? - for almost 6 months, everybody turned into a greed machine

- Walling your faction base

- Rifleman above anything else

- Why be anything else than a TK

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game but was it superior? Socially, yes... in fact, it still the best. Overall game experience? nope.

no my point was too have a discussion in a General Fourm. Ur point was to troll.

Except your post has no basis for discussion. You want everyone else to do the work for you.

Anyone can write raiding was better, pvp was better, crafting is better hurr durr.

You don't give any reasons. And Therefore there is nothing to discuss.

You didnt really explain why, wich i dont really understand based on your thread title.

Skill based PVP?

Say that to my old Legendary 1900-2700 Rifle with a 800 tick mind dot.

We had people in our guild that went pvping without any buffs because by the time people got near them, they had a black bar in their buffed mind.

SWG was a better SOCIAL game. SWTOR is a superior game itself with a lot less stupid bugs. Just read archives and see how many complaints was posted a day, it was 5 times more than here and there was only a population of half a million on that game.

- The odd loots

- The amazing crafting system that was also very unbalanced at times. "Oops, that unique resource we need to add stun resist to our armor didn't spawn in the last 7 months..."

- You're chilling in a cantina and suddenly, you slide 5.5 KM back into the desert, in front of a Krait Dragon... good times.

- The extremely easy to exploit PVP bases.

- Carbineer

- Stacking stats to become untouchable

- hologrind? - for almost 6 months, everybody turned into a greed machine

- Walling your faction base

- Rifleman above anything else

- Why be anything else than a TK

Don't get me wrong, I loved the game but was it superior? Socially, yes... in fact, it still the best. Overall game experience? nope.

Finally, someone who played during the pre-cu. It didn't get any better when the cu or the nge came out either. I just find it the people who love swg were people who avoided pve and pvp aspect of the game, and just focus on the sandbox elements, crafting, space, and the social aspect. The social aspect went to hell though after the cu, and even worse during the nge.

I saw this as a flaw that massacred planet landscapes. It should have been more restricted. It would have actually added to the game if build-able land was more restricted and land had value.

I always thought they should have made a couple of planets that had no lore quests or anything else. Just barren planets open to player housing. That way the lore based planets could have been kept uncluttered while keeping the player housing option for those that enjoy it.

I'm going to answer this with one, swift sentence.

THIS ISN'T A SANDBOX MMO, CASE CLOSED.

Seriously, stop bloody comparing it to this.

Agreed. Sure, they're both SW MMOs, but SWTOR is far more similar in build to WoW. Take out the SW subject, and they're pretty different. SWTOR isn't trying to be like SWG. It's trying to be like SWTOR.

Long and short, the game is in its infancy, it still has bugs to be removed, content to be added and classes to be balanced out. Speak as you find at the minute it is one of the better games at launch, the hope is that they will build on this initial success and it will become a powerhouse much as I imagine the fans of SWG had hoped that would become.

Spot on. SWTOR was released just over 4 weeks ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SWG didn't have any space combat at launch. Wasn't it an expansion pack? Who knows what Bioware will introduce in the future! Space combat is a big element of the SW universe, so perhaps this is something for a future expansion (like SWG). The missions seem like a bit of an afterthought, or simply something that hasn't been fully developed yet.

There's no definitive answer as to what game is/was better. It's a personal preference. A 4 week old SWTOR is already a far more enjoyable experience for me than an 8 year old SWG. For others, it may be totally different :)

I'm sorry SWG died, as I know many loved it. The fact is it died because not enough people loved it.

Lovely to meet you all anyway. Here ends my first post :D