Juggernaut Class Representative

EricMusco

For DPS, ssfish/Lift (not sure if he tanks on his Jugg). Grallmate should be an easy win for Guardians so not much point voting for him here, but that would make an ideal combo.

Only one rep per class mirror, so there wont be a separate guardian rep to jugg, it will be one for both.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's disappointing that people are so desperate for votes that they are actually telling other people not to vote for someone. I thought this was a good idea from Bioware, but after seeing this comment it has made me realize that this is just going to be a campaign of people flaming each other and telling each other not to vote for a specific person.

Good idea Bioware, too bad the community has to ruin it.

Right? Because Laetius is clearly looking for this position. :rolleyes:

What's sad is the folks that have no involvement whatsoever on the class forums that have shown up and put their buddies' names out there, even though the posters aren't a part of that class community. I did notice that your friend gave you the same courtesy for your class' thread, at least.

Only one rep per class mirror, so there wont be a separate guardian rep to jugg, it will be one for both.

Actually, there will be one from each mirrored class, though they will alternate activity, per:

How Will Class Representatives Be Selected?

This process is going to be largely in your hands! As of the time of making this post, you will be able to head over to your Advanced Class Forum and you will find a post where you can begin nominations for who your Class Representative will be. After a span of time (a week or so) we will create a poll with the names we saw mentioned most, by each AC, and you will vote on who you want your rep to be! I want to note that Class Representatives will be shared across mirrored ACs, so Sentinel and Marauder will have the same representative. We are still going to allow one to be selected for each, but they will rotate in their responsibilities.

Also, each Class Representative will only serve for one “term” (more on that later). After that a new representative will be elected!

Edited by ssfish

Based on ssfish's post, I guess technically both will have a place, but regardless, I shouldn't have mentioned not voting for Grallmate here even he'd automatically win on the Guardian forums. Either way, the most frequently mentioned top players like those mentioned will be rotated in at some point and I believe they will all do a great job of representing our class.

I want to highlight the point made by ssfish/Lift that it's important that the people who are nominated are those people who already post on the forums reasonably often. Knowing your class even at a top level is important, but doing so while helping new players out and having the patience and desire to collect feedback from others is another critical skill. These people have already shown their dedication to helping the community out with their advice.

What's sad is the folks that have no involvement whatsoever on the class forums that have shown up and put their buddies' names out there, even though the posters aren't a part of that class community. I did notice that your friend gave you the same courtesy for your class' thread, at least.

That was exactly what I was going for, my votes for you but I don't really care to much who wins. What I do care about is that someone doesn't win because they told all their guildies, who have never touched a Jugg, to vote for them. That would be a real loss for any class forum.

Edit: Think I found the source, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=660014

Edited by EricWB

I nominate myself.

I've been active on the forums assisting new players and coaching them in game. I've also provided video material displaying jugs in action.

I've been playing juggernauts since launch. I have three of them. Two are level 55, the third is level 50. I have played all specs, in all diversity, since the beginning of the game. The only fault I have, is limited nightmare mode experience, actually only one. Honestly my pve involvement has been limited since 2.0. My perspectives are pvp community based, and I'd like to think I have a decent reputation.

The only other active players I'd suggest would be Ridickilis (unaware if his current IGN), or Dire.

I nominate myself.

I've been active on the forums assisting new players and coaching them in game. I've also provided video material displaying jugs in action.

I've been playing juggernauts since launch. I have three of them. Two are level 55, the third is level 50. I have played all specs, in all diversity, since the beginning of the game. The only fault I have, is limited nightmare mode experience, actually only one. Honestly my pve involvement has been limited since 2.0. My perspectives are pvp community based, and I'd like to think I have a decent reputation.

The only other active players I'd suggest would be Ridickilis (unaware if his current IGN), or Dire.

I'd happily second your and/or Dire's nominations. Y'all are about the only regularly active PvPers on the class boards of late.

That was exactly what I was going for, my votes for you but I don't really care to much who wins. What I do care about is that someone doesn't win because they told all their guildies, who have never touched a Jugg, to vote for them. That would be a real loss for any class forum.

Edit: Think I found the source, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=660014

LOL all of those people who were nominated play those classes everyday in rwz's and in regs... they know a ton about the class and are good at it...

LOL all of those people who were nominated play those classes everyday in rwz's and in regs... they know a ton about the class and are good at it...

No one is disputing their knowledge or ability here. The issue as presented is that people who have never stepped foot on the Jugg boards are coming in and promoting players that, while probably skilled and knowledgeable, are also not active here on the class boards. Knowledge of class is only one of the components that they stated they are looking for.

This person should be someone who is an active member of your class community, is respectful towards other members, and is very knowledgeable about the state of your class.

No one is disputing their knowledge or ability here. The issue as presented is that people who have never stepped foot on the Jugg boards are coming in and promoting players that, while probably skilled and knowledgeable, are also not active here on the class boards. Knowledge of class is only one of the components that they stated they are looking for.

This.

The fact that I don't recognize a lot of the people being named ITT is a bad thing, given the fact that I check this particular forum several times a day.

It clearly says the person needs to be an active part of their class community. That doesn't mean that they have to post on the forum everyday as long as they contribute their knowledge to other players. Granted coming on the class forums everyday is a good thing, but just because you don't post as often as others doesn't mean you wouldn't be valued as a representative. Edited by lMarlfoxl

It clearly says the person needs to be an active part of their class community. That doesn't mean that they have to post on the forum everyday as long as they contribute their knowledge to other players. Granted coming on the class forums everyday is a good thing, but just because you don't post as often as others doesn't mean you wouldn't be valued as a representative.

BOOM i was going to say this but mr marlfox did this

It clearly says the person needs to be an active part of their class community. That doesn't mean that they have to post on the forum everyday as long as they contribute their knowledge to other players. Granted coming on the class forums everyday is a good thing, but just because you don't post as often as others doesn't mean you wouldn't be valued as a representative.

And again, no one is saying you would not be an effective, or good, representative. It's simply the fact that the community of people who are active with the Juggernaut forums are more comfortable with the others. And personally, I believe the position should be determined by the Juggernaut community (regardless of how often the voters post), not by their PvP buddies.

But PVE buddies are good right?

You are ignoring my point, which is these "PVE buddies" are folks that know each other because of their activity on these boards. I'm not discounting your capabilities, because I don't know who you are. I'm saying that, because I don't know who you are, I am not keen on the idea of you representing the class that I main.

Regardless, this is simply the nomination phase. They are putting up a vote at some point, if I understood their plans correctly. We all know that if you want it, then at that point you are going to bring in every person you can find to vote for you.

This debate, at this point, is meaningless. I think Ark should get the position, because he has demonstrated his knowledge and willingness to help the community at large here. You and your friends seem to think you should have the spot, presumably because you play a mean Jugg in PvP.

If this conversation is pointless then why do you keep trying to prove your point. I am not trying to dispute your point, I am merely trying to state my own. PvE has been a primary focus of Bioware for a long time while PvP seems to get swept to the side. I am here to represent Juggernauts in the PvP community and help resolve long outstanding class issues. I am not saying PvE is not important.