Character Slots

Jacen_Starsolo

The person you quoted has misunderstood what has happened. If you had more than 12 characters yesterday on a single server. Then today you can use all those characters for free. So what aren't you happy about ? Or haven't you checked the character select screen yet today ? My character select screen now says 16/16 so none of my characters above the allowed 12 are locked out at all. It's great news.

The only thing I'm not sure about is , if I want to make a cathar over my 16th character will it be free or will I have to pay 600 cc for the extra slot and then buy the cathar ? I fear it might be too expensive so I might as well keep my chiss instead.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I think the guy deleted his characters in order to make new ones. I'm not sure how it worked with people with over 12 characters in 1 server when they were merged back then.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So..just to make sure I understand, if you're a subscriber and you have 15 toons on one server you need to buy 4 new character slots in order to be able to make 1 more character?

BioWare ( or someone ) we need clarification on this really. As it seems that for a subbed player then paying 600 cc will unlock the 13th slot on all the servers , is that correct ? Then from the example quoted above will he /she have to pay 4 times to unlock his 16th slot he /she wants ? That's 4 x 600 = 2400 cc. If that's the case it is by far unfair as we can have 16 advanced classes.

Please tell us what's what , thank you.

BadOrb.

600cc for one slot on one server is fair. Especially when you remember it's 1200-1400cc for a dorky looking outfit.

Not necessarily arguing with you on that.

I'm just pointing out that if it's 600 cc for one extra slot on each server, then you get 20 slots total (since I believe there are currently 20 servers). Or however many servers there are. Regardless, it's more than one character slot. And I'm simply asking that I be given the option to use those 20 slots on any server of my choice, rather than having them be on servers I will never use.

I'd have the same argument if there were only 6 servers. Let me use the 6 slots on any server or any combination of servers I choose. Doesn't that make sense?

If there were an option, I could use the slots granted to my account through the 600 cc purchase to add four slots to the one (or two) servers on which I play. Rather than having to spend 2400 cc to add those four slots now (along with another 76 spread out over other servers I will never use).

BioWare ( or someone ) we need clarification on this really. As it seems that for a subbed player then paying 600 cc will unlock the 13th slot on all the servers , is that correct ? Then from the example quoted above will he /she have to pay 4 times to unlock his 16th slot he /she wants ? That's 4 x 600 = 2400 cc. If that's the case it is by far unfair as we can have 16 advanced classes.

Please tell us what's what , thank you.

BadOrb.

you will have to buy 4 more slot or play on another server for the cathar i will have to buy 28 slots to play cathar

I think the guy deleted his characters in order to make new ones. I'm not sure how it worked with people with over 12 characters in 1 server when they were merged back then.

O you think he deleted some characters awhile back down to 12 ? As he thought you had to ? Hmm feel sorry for him if he did as now it will cost 600 cc per slot to get to 16 character slots. Hope he gets it fixed.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Bad Orb, they clarified already if you read the Patch Notes. Here goes:

"Subscribers and Preferred Status Players who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep and play all characters. No new characters may be created on the account until the number of characters on the account falls under the Global Active Character Limit for the account type, even if additional character slots are purchased."

Means, if you want to make a Cathar, you have to unlock all your chars you currently have over the limit plus the slot for the Cathar. If I counted correct you need 3000 Cartel Coins only for the additional slot addint the cost of the Cathar. Poor us with exceeding the char slots will be still ripped off.

PS: You see the the amount of chars you are allowed by server not when yu already exceed the limit of 12. That you only see if you have a second server.

Edited by Pliskie

you will have to buy 4 more slot or play on another server for the cathar i will have to buy 28 slots to play cathar

That's what I was dreading , thank you for clearing it up. So in my case I have 16 characters then yeah I would have to pay 4 x 600 and then buy the cathar when it comes out . Well I'm keeping my Chiss might start her properly tonight then. Wow so you have 40 characters on one server ? Gosh that's going to cost a lot for a cathar or as you said make it on another server. I can't face more than 16 characters so I will leave the cathar I think.

Plus I agree with the guy that thinks he should be able to unlock 1 slot on 1 server or a cheaper price as i too wouldn't need a 13th character etc open on all the 20 servers. Just didn't want to clog up this thread with too much of my ramblings.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

That's what I was dreading , thank you for clearing it up. So in my case I have 16 characters then yeah I would have to pay 4 x 600 and then buy the cathar when it comes out . Well I'm keeping my Chiss might start her properly tonight then. Wow so you have 40 characters on one server ? Gosh that's going to cost a lot for a cathar or as you said make it on another server. I can't face more than 16 characters so I will leave the cathar I think.

Plus I agree with the guy that thinks he should be able to unlock 1 slot on 1 server or a cheaper price as i too wouldn't need a 13th character etc open on all the 20 servers. Just didn't want to clog up this thread with too much of my ramblings.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

My buddy with over 12 characters just logged on and told me they unlocked her other 4 characters for free. So now she has 16 total. If you want to get a new character, you might have to pay for the unlock after that since you are over the 12 character limit already.

As I see it, people who were merged into the servers and did not delete their characters get those characters unlocked for free. So if you deleted them, you're screwed.... =(

As one of the screwed players am not very *********** happy.

I had misunderstood what they were saying. When they said they were enforcing the 12 character slots per server, I took it to mean for those people who had extras because of transfers as well. Other people have clarified what's actually going on though.

My buddy with over 12 characters just logged on and told me they unlocked her other 4 characters for free. So now she has 16 total. If you want to get a new character, you might have to pay for the unlock after that since you are over the 12 character limit already.

As I see it, people who were merged into the servers and did not delete their characters get those characters unlocked for free. So if you deleted them, you're screwed.... =(

But are they really unlocked is the question. If your buddy bought 1 character slot from the market, would he be able to make a new toon? The post a couple above yours seems to be saying it's clear that you can't. If you have 16 characters and wanted to make another character you would have to buy 5 character slots, not 1.

Anyhow, it still doesn't seem crystal clear to me the way it was stated in the patch notes but I guess that's most likely the case.

Yeah I'm happy I can still use my 16 characters but also it now makes me not want to make a cathar as it would cost way too much. I made a cathar holding character but she looks cool and is a Chiss ( my only Chiss ) so I'm going to keep her as that race. Yeah it still isn't fair on people who deleted their characters or for the people who only have 12 , that want 1 of each advanced class on a single server. Maybe this was the best way they could do it though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I had misunderstood what they were saying. When they said they were enforcing the 12 character slots per server, I took it to mean for those people who had extras because of transfers as well. Other people have clarified what's actually going on though.

Well to be fair the original blog on the issue did seem to suggest that anyone over 12 on a server would have to pay to unlock them. I am glad that they changed their minds on this and grand-fathered them in.

But are they really unlocked is the question. If your buddy bought 1 character slot from the market, would he be able to make a new toon? The post a couple above yours seems to be saying it's clear that you can't. If you have 16 characters and wanted to make another character you would have to buy 5 character slots, not 1.

Anyhow, it still doesn't seem crystal clear to me the way it was stated in the patch notes but I guess that's most likely the case.

She didn't buy any. She had 16 originally from pre-mergers and she didn't delete them, so 4 of them were in limbo status or something. When she logged in again she had 16. She never paid a cent for it.

Yeah I'm happy I can still use my 16 characters but also it now makes me not want to make a cathar as it would cost way too much. I made a cathar holding character but she looks cool and is a Chiss ( my only Chiss ) so I'm going to keep her as that race. Yeah it still isn't fair on people who deleted their characters or for the people who only have 12 , that want 1 of each advanced class on a single server. Maybe this was the best way they could do it though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I hear you man. But hopefully the unlock can be bought from the GTN. I am not so sure yet since I haven't logged in today yet. But worst come to worst, wait for a month like me and just get it with you free sub coins LOL

She didn't buy any. She had 16 originally from pre-mergers and she didn't delete them, so 4 of them were in limbo status or something. When she logged in again she had 16. She never paid a cent for it.

No..I understand she never bought them. I have over 12 and they were NEVER in limbo status, I could use all of them whenever I wanted before this patch, as could everybody else. The only thing that happened was at the bottom you'd see 12/16 and now apparently you see 16/16. But, that in of itself doesn't say that you won't have to buy 5 cartel account unlocks in order to make #17.

Hopefully that's as clear as mud. :)

No..I understand she never bought them. I have over 12 and they were NEVER in limbo status, I could use all of them whenever I wanted before this patch, as could everybody else. The only thing that happened was at the bottom you'd see 12/16 and now apparently you see 16/16. But, that in of itself doesn't say that you won't have to buy 5 cartel account unlocks in order to make #17.

Hopefully that's as clear as mud. :)

Ah that makes sense now. Why not try making a new character on another server and see how many slots you have available since it is on an account wide basis. From what the Bioware employee said you can go over 350 slots on 1 server if you wanted to badly lol.

Fair enough.

I prefer to overreact and vent here on the forums, so im sure theres something about this patch i can be unhappy about, this just might not be it...

And for the record, I havent been home to log in yet, and did not delete any of my 30 character slots :o

but im still pissed in general about the direction EA is taking this game, so my forum posts are dedicated to vitriol.

Just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The information I received earlier was incorrect. Players may have their base character slots and up to ten extra character slots. For example, a subscriber with 12 character slots may increase their character slots up to 22. You can still have 350 characters overall. Apologies for the confusion. Edited by JovethGonzalez

Just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The information I received earlier was incorrect. Players may have their base character slots and up to ten extra character slots. For example, a subscriber with 12 character slots may increase their character slots up to 22. You can still have 350 characters overall. Apologies for the confusion.

Aww, it would have been amusing to see if someone could reach over 350 in one server. Thanks for the update though. Keep up the good work =D

Edited by kamed

Just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The information I received earlier was incorrect. Players may have their base character slots and up to ten extra character slots. For example, a subscriber with 12 character slots may increase their character slots up to 22. You can still have 350 characters overall. Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks for the information. So if you want a cathar on a server and have 22 characters or more on that server you will have to delete down to 21 characters to make it and then pay 10 x 600 = 6000 cc and then pay for the cathar. Phew it's skip the cathar time and no more races will become available that is a shame.

Well to be fair the original blog on the issue did seem to suggest that anyone over 12 on a server would have to pay to unlock them. I am glad that they changed their minds on this and grand-fathered them in.

We changed their minds for them. We weren't going to stand for it and luckily they didn't enforce it. It would have been a shoot yourself in the foot situation anyways , with all the mergers etc.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I thought 350 per server had to be incorrect. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the information. So if you want a cathar on a server and have 22 characters or more on that server you will have to delete down to 21 characters to make it and then pay 10 x 600 = 6000 cc and then pay for the cathar. Phew it's skip the cathar time and no more races will become available that is a shame.

If you have 22 characters that you legitmately care about not to delete then seek help, you are an altoholic and need to enter a program today.

If you have 22 characters that you legitmately care about not to delete then seek help, you are an altoholic and need to enter a program today.

Not if they where merged from the 6 servers into 1 server. I have 16 which is all the advanced classes and I'm sticking with 16 and will never ever make 16 characters in an mmo again. I care about my 16 not sure about people who have above 16 though , they might need help. Mind you BioWare aren't helping their addiction now giving them the option to have 350 now.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

will i get a refund for those 3 extra slots that are useless now?