Why does Obi-Wan seem more powerful?

EVERY time i watch STAR WARS i always wonder, Anakin Skywalker is supposed to really powerful right?

But why does Obi-wan Kenobi seem more powerful? im just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. :confused:

Edited by Devilishmutt
miss spelling

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he is THE master of Soresu, which is a defensive stance which pretty much he wears down his opponent until they slip up and make a mistake. Though in Anakin vs Obi-Wan, he took a rather big gamble with the cliff. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because in their battle, Anakin went to the Sith way but hadn't learned how to control his anger and hate. So his arrogance caused his defeat.

Because he is THE master of Sosoru, which is a defensive stance which pretty much he wears down his opponent until they slip up and make a mistake. Though in most of his fights, Obi-Wan took a rather big gamble.

It's quite useful against Anakin's Djem So, but no match for Dooku's Makashi.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Not only did Obi-Wan master Soresu, but its sub-form, Trollesu. (Wolf, you KNEW this was coming)

Here's the basic trollspeak of how the final moments of the fight went down on Mustafar:

Obi-Wan: *Jumps to the top of the hill* "You iz a nub and ain't gonna make that jump, foo!"

Anakin: "I iz more leet pwnage than you can possibly imagine!!!!" *JUMPS*

Obi-Wan: *Slices and dices* "Now you iz much SHORTER than I can possibly imagine.... n00b!"

And here's the opening of his battle with Grievous:

Obi-Wan: "Sup, foo?"

Grievous: "Da hell????"

Because he is THE master of Soresu, which is a defensive stance which pretty much he wears down his opponent until they slip up and make a mistake. Though in Anakin vs Obi-Wan, he took a rather big gamble with the cliff.

I meant with the force dude ;)

Yes, yes, but if Anakin still had troll spray this would have happened instead.

Jokes aside though, thats pretty much the gamble Obi-Wan took on the hill it could have easily backfired on him.

Edit: "Oh the force, not so sure on that. I mean ya their force pushes canceled eachother, but Obi-Wan does have a very powerful force push. Other force feats though, can't say haven't seen/read enough.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No...what im saying is anakin is the chosen one because of his force abilities and all that but how many times have you seen anakin do something AWESOME with the force in the movies compared to how many times you have seen OBI-WAN do AWESOME with the force?

'You underestimate my power!' Anakin Skywalker to Obi-wan Kenobi

No...what im saying is anakin is the chosen one because of his force abilities and all that but how many times have you seen anakin do something AWESOME with the force in the movies compared to how many times you have seen OBI-WAN do AWESOME with the force?

'You underestimate my power!' Anakin Skywalker to Obi-wan Kenobi

They never really do anything AMAZING with force powers in EP 3, other then the force push and jump. (If I am remembering right)

But still doesnt Obi-wan seem more powerful? Anakin sucks like as far as i can remeber has he beaten a sith lord by himself besides dooku? obi-wan has beaten tons.

Not really, he beat Dooku who was one of the jedi order's greatest swordmasters. Obi-Wan has only beaten Maul(even then he didn't kill him), and got whooped by Dooku twice.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well...how about when they first fought dooku anakin got the crap beaten out of him and got his arm chopped off. :D

Anakin lasted a hell of a lot longer then Obi-Wan did who was a master, while he was just a padawan. Also he got his forearm cut off not his entire arm.

Well...how about when they first fought dooku anakin got the crap beaten out of him and got his arm chopped off. :D

Dooku pwned BOTH of them in the fight on Geonosis before Yoda showed up to save their butts. Dooku had his Anti-Troll spray on during both fights against Obi-Wan and Anakin. Unfortunately, his Beard Power was stripped from him and given to Lando's mustache, allowing Anakin to beat him in the end. :p

And what do you mean obi-wan did not kill maul? HE CUT HIM IN HALF!

Yes but in TCW show Maul returned, and in the book Wrath of Maul explained that he grabbed onto an air vent and used his rage to keep himself alive.

Obi-wan did not get his FORE-arm cut off did he???

No it was Anakin.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Anakin lasted a hell of a lot longer then Obi-Wan did who was a master, while he was just a padawan. Also he got his forearm cut off not his entire arm.

Actually his entire arm DOES get cut off in Ep II if you look closely. In Ep III he magically only has his forearm gone.

No need for caps, and really I haven't watched TCW in quite some time. I heard about Maul coming back, before watching any episodes with him.

It was a pretty good arc, and you really get the feel for how broken Maul became after he was beaten by Obi-Wan.

When he starts talking about revenge, you want him to get it.

EVERY time i watch STAR WARS i always wonder, Anakin Skywalker is supposed to really powerful right?

But why does Obi-wan Kenobi seem more powerful? im just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. :confused:

Because he's Obi-Wan Ke****ingnobi, that's why.

The Master was simply still the Master in that fight. Anakin was a noob Sith Lord/Darth in their duel. As such, he hadn't let learned how to control/channel his hate/passion as accomplished Sith Lords like Sidious knew to.

Soresu>>>Djem So too.