Instead of healing...

Varnoukh

I know that I'm waaaaaaay too late to this party, but I've been contemplating which class to play and weighing positives and negatives.

One of the negatives is that strictly according to canon, Jedi can't heal or at least don't know how to. That fact plays a pivotal role in turning Anakin to the dark side. Palpatine teased Anakin with the promise that sith had learned to use the force to heal but we never learn if that was true or just a lure. So sage healing niggles.

I read that the game's original lead lamented that he wasn't allow to make the game he wanted. That he was instructed by the money to make WOW in Star Wars. Which is probably why they copy / pasted WOW's priests into SWTOR and called them sages / sorcs.

What I think could have been more truer to canon and more interesting, was if instead of healing, sages / sorcs used telekinesis to form defensive shields. There's potential for variety there. Some might protect against different kinds of damage. Some might regenerate slowly. Some might be individual. Others might cover bigger areas. Some might need to be channeled / maintained. etc. etc.

It really is too late to go that route now but I thought that worth sharing.