Free To Play Sith Race concern

NexusBlackheart

Okay, so since i'm currently unable to pay for a subscription and I chances are that will not change once free to play comes out I have a pretty important question, in my eyes. My highest character is a level 32 Sith Marauder, that is of the Sith race. I plan to get him to 50 before the game goes free to play, but my concern now is wit this free to play model, that will not allow me to use the Sith race.

They weren't really specific with that, will I be unable to use the sith race entirely, or can I just not create a character that's a sith after it goes free to play? If i'm unable to play that character after all the hard work i'm putting into him i'm going to be highly disappointed. Enough so, that I might honestly not even play the game. I mean, i'm loving the game and all despite the heavy criticism it gets, but it would be depressing just to see all that go to waste.

If anyone who can enlighten me to this issue, it would be highly appreciated.

I doubt you'll be able to play your Sith character. Most likely s/he'll be off limits, like the characters that had to change names when the transfers happened. The character will be on your character list, but you won't be able to log in with him/her.

The only species you'll be able to play as are human, zabrak, and cyborg (not even a species bioware!).

I don't see them doing a force race change. As that is traditionally a paid service in most games, and also pretty unfair to someone who rolled a particular race for a reason. They're either going to 1) allow you to still play it as a courtesy to a former subscriber 2) Not allow you to play that character unless you pay for the species unlock. I remember reading something about this somewhere but I don't remember where.

Edit: here is what it says in the FAQ:

What happens to my existing characters if I become a Free-to-Play member?

We will not be deleting any characters from player accounts. Any characters already existing on your account at the time of the Free-to-Play launch will still be available to you afterwards. The choice of which of your characters are active under the Free-to-Play system is entirely up to you, and you can choose from any of your existing characters with no restriction other than the number of active character slots available.

So, sounds like they're not going to restrict you based on the species restriction.

Edited by chuixupu

In the F2P features it lists 'character creation choices' as restricted the wording makes it seem as if it's only new creation. If you currently have a created character it will most likely stay you just cannot make any new ones as it's not listed as 'character race restriction' but 'character creation'