What's the difference with the new group finder when it's not cross-server?

The problem is that it's not enough people on the server that wants to do the flashpoints(people are leaving this game because it's not good enough), and the new group finder won't fix this. So what difference will it make? It will still take hours and hours to wait for someone who wants to do the flashpoint, if you find anyone at all.

The problem is that it's not enough people on the server that wants to do the flashpoints(people are leaving this game because it's not good enough), and the new group finder won't fix this. So what difference will it make? It will still take hours and hours to wait for someone who wants to do the flashpoint, if you find anyone at all.

I think actually there probably is a problem of people not wanting to spend the time sitting around spamming for a group. With a LFG tool, they can come online, use the tool whilst playing other parts of the game, instead of having to stand in fleet spamming for a group.

I reckon with an in-server LFG tool you'll find a lot more people willing to do flashpoints.

I think actually there probably is a problem of people not wanting to spend the time sitting around spamming for a group. With a LFG tool, they can come online, use the tool whilst playing other parts of the game, instead of having to stand in fleet spamming for a group.

I reckon with an in-server LFG tool you'll find a lot more people willing to do flashpoints.

That tool currently is not working for PvP because of the point OP made. Most server populations are too low and make these tools useless. This tool was needed months ago, a much bigger fix is needed now.

Arnstein, so your not only wanting your views but ur are trying to enforce them with threatening to end your subscription if you dont get what you want ?

How extremly naiv and very unmature of you but because its you we must all now bow down and accept YOUR wishes since you will stop subsciribing cause you are not getting what YOU want ..

i cant belive im reading what some people have posted on this forum about LFG and server wide LFG. If bioware took 1 look at what happened with the game we wont name when they introduced LFG systems that where server wide or even just on the server you where on, they would actually reconsider their choice, cause quite frankly the community went down alot (statisticly proven) of people actually communicating saying hello or speaking to eachother in an group.

the most uttered words since LFG was (in no direct ranking order)

*** you noob u got greens

Dude you suck

How much dps do you do ?

Healer your ***** you suck

Dude **** leave the group ur so ****

and not to mention the loot rage´s and D-heads:

Oh look my companion uses light armor and i dont give a **** if you need it for ur main playable character that you qued up with for this flashpoint cause im taking it for my companion now ****

Or the other answer:

I need the Heavy armor piece (even though i wear light) cause i need money im poor ! i dont care if u actually can use the item cause its now mine so i can make credits

All im saying is maybe bioware should reconsider their LFG system untill they can come up with a solution to these problems in a system like that ..

Well 1.3 isn't just adding the LFG tool it's also adding server transfers, which would allow population to be spread over less servers thus increasing the pool of players on those servers (if everything goes as it should of course^^).

Locking need rolls to class would be a good idea to save a lot of ******tery that could arise with a LFG. Albeit there will be more accountability with same server LFG than cross server. Loot settings should not be changeable after starting the FP also. So group leader cannot switch to master loot during last boss.

I want the LFG tool like yesterday.

And with LFG tool I mean a true LFG tool and not an auto-match-auto-group-up-and-port-urlazyass-intothenextFP tool!

As it is now, if you want to find a FP group you have to hang out in Fleet (extremely boring, I wasted hours and hours this way by now)

With 200 people in Fleet it doesnt take that long to find a group, but with 50 people in Fleet folks pop in, see not many on and considering it pointless to even look and then just go somewhere else, making it increasingly difficult to find any group except at peak times in the evening.

With a good LFG tool, you can go planetside doing dailies, space missions, story, whatever.

A good LFG tool does not auto-group you but simply makes it easier to find other people, wherever they are:

You log in, open the tool, mark what you would like to do and then either wait until someone with a group contacts you or you check the toolfor existing group in need of more players or you start a group and start contacting people.

Right now barely anyone uses the LFG flag and if someone does you dont even know what role they are fullfilling and if someone added a bit more information to his LFG flag text you cant even read it!

Only thing needs to be done - /ignore works on LFG tool.

What's the point in that, rather than just being awkward?

I understand /ignore in chat as people don't want to see spam but the lfg tool will eradicate that as you wont be using chat to look for groups. People using /ignore for any other purpose like for instance to stop people grouping up with them in a lfg tool are probably just being awkward and half the reason why it's getting hard to group up in this game.

Arnstein, so your not only wanting your views but ur are trying to enforce them with threatening to end your subscription if you dont get what you want ?

How extremly naiv and very unmature of you but because its you we must all now bow down and accept YOUR wishes since you will stop subsciribing cause you are not getting what YOU want ..

i cant belive im reading what some people have posted on this forum about LFG and server wide LFG. If bioware took 1 look at what happened with the game we wont name when they introduced LFG systems that where server wide or even just on the server you where on, they would actually reconsider their choice, cause quite frankly the community went down alot (statisticly proven) of people actually communicating saying hello or speaking to eachother in an group.

Dude you suck

How much dps do you do ?

Oh look my companion uses light armor and i dont give a **** if you need it for ur main playable character that you qued up with for this flashpoint cause im taking it for my companion now ****

Or the other answer:

I need the Heavy armor piece (even though i wear light) cause i need money im poor ! i dont care if u actually can use the item cause its now mine so i can make credits

All im saying is maybe bioware should reconsider their LFG system untill they can come up with a solution to these problems in a system like that ..

I'd rather play with people being rude than no people at all, which is the case now. Also, the lag problem is back with the newest patch. I'm not threatening with unsubscribing. I have already unsubbed and will not subscribe again, so it's not a threat.

Well 1.3 isn't just adding the LFG tool it's also adding server transfers, which would allow population to be spread over less servers thus increasing the pool of players on those servers (if everything goes as it should of course^^).

Locking need rolls to class would be a good idea to save a lot of ******tery that could arise with a LFG. Albeit there will be more accountability with same server LFG than cross server. Loot settings should not be changeable after starting the FP also. So group leader cannot switch to master loot during last boss.

Where have they said/promised that server transfers will be in 1.3? And i mean promised.

I'd rather play with people being rude than no people at all, which is the case now. Also, the lag problem is back with the newest patch. I'm not threatening with unsubscribing. I have already unsubbed and will not subscribe again, so it's not a threat.

So far after playing since November on different servers had 0 problems / issues in making a group for any flashpoint normal or hardmode... takes time yes... and requires effort... not just logon / click / loot / logoff there is already a game that offers that out there

i rather not have an LFG system knowing full well what negatives it will bring, im sorry that you unsubbed but then this game wasnt ment for you maybe or the right kind of game you where after.. cant please everyone in the world can you ?

So far after playing since November on different servers had 0 problems / issues in making a group for any flashpoint normal or hardmode... takes time yes... and requires effort... not just logon / click / loot / logoff there is already a game that offers that out there

i rather not have an LFG system knowing full well what negatives it will bring, im sorry that you unsubbed but then this game wasnt ment for you maybe or the right kind of game you where after.. cant please everyone in the world can you ?

Well, I LOVE doing flashpoints, but there's no people to do them with. So the game is for me, but it's no people to play with. You probably have a lot more free time than I do, and that's why you don't have problems finding people for flashpoints.

From the new video they released today, it seems like you're awarded additional comms for using the LFG tool, which gives people more of an incentive to use it.

On a side note, i hope they make it very easy to kick people out of the group and or make it where you're not punished for leaving a group... The majority of pugs on my server are some of the worst players i have ran across in an MMO.

You do know they start server transfers..Free ones the day the tool goes live right? Transfers + LFG tool = better chances at getting a group without having to stand on fleet yelling for group bored out of your mind.

So you like beeing insulted all dungeon, beeing kicked infront of the final encounter, beeing spammed by gold seller and dps meters, like running a dungeon 20x and the item you need is stolen in every run... ?

All I can say is :eek:

D3 and wow do give a good example of such random groups, its a pain.

There is not just the fact that atleast half the groups are horrible due immature behaivour, but also that the difficulty must be lowered by a lot. Random groups are random, so the encounters must be weak else you wipe all day there as you have no even group setup.

When cata was released the game had a good difficulty, even tho was a bit too easy at normal raids. About 3 weeks later those dungeons were nerfed so hard, that you could do them now in green gear and without CC.

I dont know, but a game should entertain - its not entertaining to bomb mobs without evening using your brain cells.

You do know they start server transfers..Free ones the day the tool goes live right? Transfers + LFG tool = better chances at getting a group without having to stand on fleet yelling for group bored out of your mind.

Regarding server transfers: Will this split up your legacy? Because my server is good for imperial, but bad for republic, so then I have to level my legacy cross-server. And when you can (IF you can) level your legacy cross-server, then why not cross-server flashpoints as well? For those who don't want it they can make an option to ONLY search your own, or specific servers.

it only take 4 people willing to start a flashpoint to trigger a flashpoint. Even on low pop server, you can certainly find 4 people anywhere on the universe, not just on the fleet willing to run a flashpoint.

I really never understood why you think cross server means faster grouping.

We have a real example: WoW

In wow, finding a group for a dungeon is usually 40 minute to an hour for a DPS, despite the fact that the LFG is cross server. Do you really believe if blizzard would extend their LFG to multiply by 10 for exemple the pool of player the queue will be faster?

Comparatively, the queue is instant for tank player. when blizzard introduce some kind of bribe (satchel of exotic mysteries) to encourage tank to run more dungeon, the queue for DPS went down to 15-20 minutes

The waiting time for group formation is not dependant on population, past a certain cap, but on the relative distribution of role. Even on low pop server, you have a few dozen of player willing to start a flashpoint, not necessarly on the same planet.

That being said, i don't see SWTOR having the same tank imbalance as wow, plenty of tank around, especially during the leveling process.

What will reduce queue time for flashpoint is not cross server. It's not strongly dependant on server population, it's at the core of the group formation, dependant on role distribution, you need 1 tank, 1 heal, 2 dps. Deviate from this and you increase queue time

I tell you what will lower queue time for flashopint (and operation): Double spec!

Edited by Vankris

Dude you suck

How much dps do you do ?

Or the other answer:

you cant be more right

rift added a lfd which was just horrendous for its first month or so until a few issues when ironed out.

such issues were but not limited to

people would just kick you from a group when thier guildy finally logged on and wanted in.

everyone would roll need on items and then want to sell it to you before the 30 min trade grace period was up for bop items.

guildies in a group would use the 30 min bop trade grace period by all rolling need and trade it amoung themselves.

rage quits was the norm (sometimes this was justified)

usually the better players especially tanks and healers didnt need this feature to get groups making dps wait even longer for one.

new players were greatly mistreated like in your post

i can see in this game how a cross server lfg would be just a nightmare unless certain pitfalls are not implemented. as i for one would be pissed if i got kicked just before the last boss that drops columi just so thier guildy or a alt could get a easy piece of gear preventing me from completing my daily or weekly.

you cant be more right

rift added a lfd which was just horrendous for its first month or so until a few issues when ironed out.

such issues were but not limited to

people would just kick you from a group when thier guildy finally logged on and wanted in.

everyone would roll need on items and then want to sell it to you before the 30 min trade grace period was up for bop items.

guildies in a group would use the 30 min bop trade grace period by all rolling need and trade it amoung themselves.

rage quits was the norm (sometimes this was justified)

usually the better players especially tanks and healers didnt need this feature to get groups making dps wait even longer for one.

new players were greatly mistreated like in your post

i can see in this game how a cross server lfg would be just a nightmare unless certain pitfalls are not implemented. as i for one would be pissed if i got kicked just before the last boss that drops columi just so thier guildy or a alt could get a easy piece of gear preventing me from completing my daily or weekly.

Well said, its not the basic idea of a LFG that is bad - its the execution like shown by Blizz at wow and at Rift. Horrible 2 LFG´s that ruined the game for so many casuals and they are still a majority. Those 3 mio sub´s that wow lost, are most likely not of hardcores but of casuals who dont have fun beeing insulted, kicked or be robbed.

i agree with you, wow has had to go through several iteration of their LFG system and they still have major complain, especially with LFR. Right now, the LFG system of wow is etremely complex because of that, let me give you some exmaple.

- you cannot need on other type of armor, for example a paladin cannot need in intel mail.

- you cannot kick people, it's a vote

- if you have initiate a kick, you cannot initiate another one for 2 hours

- if you leave the group you cannot re queue for 30 min, you if you want out, you have to get kicked, thus going afk waiting for a kick.

- If you have 3 guild member in the group, you need at least 4 vote yes to kick someone.

- if you have 4 guild member and a pick up, you cannot kick him, ever.

LFR has more restriction

Mist of Pandaria, they will completely overhaul their loot system again

It's somethin, they can't seem to get right. It's tough. The big issue is of course the amount of anonimity in cross server LFG. In same server LFG, you would hope that player will mostly moderate or police themselves so these issue might be reduced.

Edited by Vankris