Transfered Guild & Guild Bank

Chabliss

Confusion abounds. Our server was dieing a slow death and we are on deck for the first week of server moves. Our guild of > 400 people is moving. Not everybody will be moving at once. Not everybody is even currently playing. We are asking players to fill up their inventory with guild bank items before they transfer.

So people are transferring by drips and drabbles, and most people are coming over with full bags/banks and needing to unload into the new guild bank.

Problem, we have submitted our ticket for the new guild bank to be formed on the new server, but apparently Bioware is expecting us to: "the guild must also be disbanded on your origin server before you will be granted a free guild bank."

Um, what do you mean disband? Have the Bioware team fully thought out the process of a large guild moving servers? I mean, it is not like we had much choice in the manner. Is Bioware really saying that we can not get a new guild bank on the new server until we disband our guild on the old server? In the mean time, we have people who have transferred and have full bags/banks and we still have items in the old guild bank to move over, and we still have members that haven't logged into game yet to transfer. Umm, this really will not work for us to disband our guild. And to me it is just plain orneriness for Bioware to collect from us for yet another guild bank on a new server when we certainly did not ask for this move. If Bioware can not implement true guild transfers, then the very least Bioware can do to make this process a little less painful for guilds and guild leaders is to not stick us with an 'transfer fee' in the form of requiring us to buy a new guild bank. Which is just what this policy has done.

Think it through Bioware, or at least talk to your customers. First I have to spend hours I did not plan setting up a new guild and inviting and correctly setting member ranks and notes (x 400), but now I have to collect funds from the guild members again? This is not a winning move.

Because the guild bank transfer service will be abused if you don't disband the guild on the origin server. Believe me, numerous guilds will try and end up with two guild banks for the price of one!

Because the guild bank transfer service will be abused if you don't disband the guild on the origin server. Believe me, numerous guilds will try and end up with two guild banks for the price of one!

Unfortunely this is true due to the fact that BW didn't figure a way to transfer the guild over from their origin server and thus making this possible.

With one of the guilds on a dead and probably to be closed server this is a problem why? What is the advantage of a guild bank on a server with no activity? More of a problem to have a returning guild member login and find themselves unguilded. GMOTD is too important to disband the guild. Disband the bank? Sure, but that is not what they are requiring.

We're kind of in the same boat. My guild has chosen to operate without a guild bank for at least a week or two so that we can leave our MOTD up on our former server as a guidepost. We've sent email to everyone via our website. We've posted it on our Facebook page. As the GL, I can log in and send in-game mail to people too, though that's a pain in the rear. Suffice to say, anyone who can't figure out where we are within two weeks isn't playing frequently enough to matter much in the life of our guild. The exceptions are people on a planned leave of absence, and I've contacted them directly.

We operated just fine without a guild bank for *months*. Not having a guild bank for a week or two is barely an annoyance. If nothing else, it encourages us to clean everything out of the bank and vendor it or sell it on the GTN.

BTW, we're making a killing on the GTN. So many people from so many servers and everyone has credits to spend...

Paige