[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

AstralFire

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alacrity Rating: A secondary stat which improves the speed of activation time for non-instant abilities. It does not affect the Global Cooldown for instant abilities. More rating is required to achieve the same percentage bonus at higher character levels. It may also increase the rate at which periodic abilities take effect.

i have done extensive testing and this is simply not true, makes me sad but it isnt true..

The fact that HK-51 is still on the companion list leads me to believe that this guide is somewhat outdated. HK-51 isn't available in the game, this has been proven by many data diggers.

Anyway, it's still a great guide, and I've personally followed the infiltration part of it pretty closely all the way to 50 (which I just got today :D), but a few updates are probably necessary by now.

Is there any reason to go for kinetic ward in the kinetic/balance hybrid build (23/0/18) for PvP?

There are several threads about how useless shields and defensive stats are in PvP due to the fact that only white damage is affected by them.

So in my opinion, for the build Kinetic Ward is a wasted point am I right?

Has anyone got any stories/info on the high regen backstab spec?

Whilst I know its not as efficient, this sound more suited to my playstyle of in/out tactics.

Id imagine the best way to use this tree is to not open with a backstab but rather with a stun, to then try to proc circling shadows.

well im just after feedback before i hit 49 ( 47 ).

Is there any reason to go for kinetic ward in the kinetic/balance hybrid build (23/0/18) for PvP?

There are several threads about how useless shields and defensive stats are in PvP due to the fact that only white damage is affected by them.

So in my opinion, for the build Kinetic Ward is a wasted point am I right?

In big fights I still use up my Kinetic Ward before the cooldown is finished, so it does have an impact. I have been looking but so far I haven't come up with a better distribution for that point.

I am tagging this for later, as my Shadow is currently 28 and slowly moving through content to get the story. The strangest thing I have noticed is that we should build for POWER not CRITICAL as the tank version. Looking at the descriptions of powers and skills I really thought CRIT was the right direction to go... :confused:

I haven't seen anything that boosts SURGE rating, so I am thinking I must be young in my career. :) Thank you for the guide, it will be very helpful.

Not sure if this was brought up in the previous 11 pages but I tried clicking on the link to your personal site so that I could print out the guide and it said that your site was suspended. Thought I would bring this to your attention as I am sure you already knew anyways.

Thanks for the hard work on this very well laid out guide.

Awesome Guide!!! Insane amount of information!!! Thank you so much for putting this together!!!

Question though, I saw you mentioned a PvP build called Earth Bender (22/12/17). I didn't see any other mention of it in your guide and was wondering what your thoughts were on this and what technique to use with it? If its not worth elaborating on it then no worries.

Thanks

Nice guide!

But I got one question:

How is the PVP Balance Tank build affected by the 1.1.2 patch? Is there a better set up to roll after the patch goes life/in general? Does the gear I choose differ from the other balance builds or is it the same (or should I get the gear meant for a tank-build)?

Thank you!