Purchase Cartel Coins In-Game – Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

I've been with this game since beta and I have to say that I don't think subscribers get enough back from the game to keep paying the subscription.

You have to realize: when I can't use my prefered paying method, I wont buy anything.

For this game i use paypal. I can use it to pay my subsription, but not for the CC. Customers don't care what problems your developer have. The payment in this game ist just an confusing chaotic mess!

You can pay this with that, but not that with this... ***!

Want my money? With such a poor payment system you wont get it! Why can't you do anything right? Payment has to be easy for the buyer!

Not to mention the buy first on the website thing, then buy ingame.

What about this: send a letter EA, dance in the backyard, run around in circles, then buy CC ingame!?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this method is directed at the big Cartel Coin spenders only? I was thinking of making one purchase to take advantage of the deal, but there is no way that I'm spending additional money on the website beforehand just so I can use this feature. :(

Yeah, this is rubbish. I was thinking of throwing down 40$ to get some collection unlocks because, apart from a sub that I just recently renewed, I haven't paid anything else into this game since I pre-ordered it.

Seeing that they arm twist you into paying them, before you can pay them again (at a discount) just kind of sours the whole deal, to the point where I probably won't buy any coins at all.

This is just like that "complimentary cartel coin" fiasco back when they first went F2P -- if you paid for their game, you had "free" coins going into the F2P conversion, but you couldn't get those coins unless you subscribed, after the game went F2P.

Load of bull****

Well cool, enabling in game feature still requires you to go to webpage. Or viewing leger. So whats the big difference? Also buying coins in game takes you to website to complete transaction anyway. So? This system are complete mess.

Seriously Bioware, hire internal testing team, if you already have one, fire them and hire professionals, because their logic is off.

Only for the first transaction to connect My Account billing information to the game client.

A consideration for those who are having issues ... do you have your credit card information saved in your My Account billing information? The service won't work as intended if you don't. It can't automate the purchase process if the billing information it relies on for automation isn't there.

Edited by GalacticKegger

I'm getting the same bug as a lot of people:

I have bought cartel coins RECENTLY with a CREDIT CARD which is SAVED and it still won't let me activate the in-game thing without making a purchase. I was all set to blow some money on hutt bux but this has put a damper on things.

You should all join me in not buying Cartel Coins.

If thousands stopped buying coins and posted their reason for doing so was stuff like: The Investigator's Robes still having 2.5 hoods (they fixed Revan's but not that one), and some of the recuperative items not working with Troopers, you bet they'd get around to fixing those. When they first released the CM the items weren't bugged. Now? The CM stuff is buggy. Boycott it and demand they fix the buggy stuff.

Having a feeling this promotion will pass me by. Not feeling the slightest regret about it, though. All my coin purchases through Paypal mean nothing as it's excluded and the convoluted way you have to purchase on the site and then in-game is ridiculous.

it seems to me from what i am hearing about this new in game buying and how it does not work with paypal is telling me that they are trying to eliminate that option in the future so they (BIOWARE) will not have to share there money, do you not have to give a percentage to paypal to use there service?

it seems to me from what i am hearing about this new in game buying and how it does not work with paypal is telling me that they are trying to eliminate that option in the future so they (BIOWARE) will not have to share there money, do you not have to give a percentage to paypal to use there service?

Buying things via PayPal is free of charge. They only get a percentage of the money you receive. But it's not only PayPal that is excluded from the ingame purchase. It's UCash, Paysafe Cards and direct transfers as well. I don't think that BW would want to remove all those methods of payment. I at least doubt that I'd be the only one that wouldn't get a credit card just to play their game.

Edited by Knorlac

So you have to buy coins, before they let you buy coins at the discount for the "promotion"?

Stuff like this is why I honestly regret that I currently play and mostly enjoy this game.

When I saw this in the game, it made me realize I don't need the coins so changed my mind. Thanks for saving me money, Bioware.

My subscription runs through Paypal, so although my credit card information is stored on the SWTOR site, when I was asked to pay by credit card on the website once after clicking "Enable" (of in-game cartel coin purchases), I was not too suspicious. I choose the minimum amount of 450cc.

But even after paying by credit card 15min ago, the amount appearing in SWTOR as well as being listed on the Cartel Coins webpage, trying to "Enable" in-game cc purchases again results in a pop-up window asking me to pay by credit card at least once. If it was not before, at this point, it really becomes a bait and switch scheme.

Another detail: the default payment method for the "confirmation payment" was Paypal even though my credit card information is stored. I did change this to pay by credit card, but using as default a payment method that will not allow players to get what they want (simply to enable the in-game purchase feature) is dubious at best.

I would like to have some official comment on that!

Edited by Aenear

Ya because that's fair to the subscribers that are already paying monthly or what ever. Atleast give your subscribers a 30% off your cartel coins and your new subscribers 50% off.. jeez be nice to us! :*(

old subscribers are also eligible.. it's first IN-GAME purchase from today's morning till November 30th. The problem is, it doesn't actually work as it always results in ERROR CODE 9

Well, I hope they're going to fix that BEFORE 30th November, or they ain't getting any money. That should be motivation enough for them..

Any ETA on the whole "purchased CC's from the website before and it still wants you to purchase CC's from the website to enable in game buying of CC's" issue yet?

Starting today, you can purchase Cartel Coins from inside the game! No need to log out. Now you can purchase Cartel Coins directly from the Cartel Market.

To celebrate this launch, Subscribers save 50% on their first in-game purchase of Cartel Coins through November 30th!

Read More

When I saw this in the game, it made me realize I don't need the coins so changed my mind. Thanks for saving me money, Bioware.

Yeah... I really don't need the coins, I just would like to have them.

So... this "sale" isn't expediting my purchase.

I have a CC on file, I'm a subscriber, and I've made purchases with this CC just last week, actually.

I get the same message we all are.

Any ETA on the whole "purchased CC's from the website before and it still wants you to purchase CC's from the website to enable in game buying of CC's" issue yet?

I don't think that particular thing is a bug since they have it in the fine print. I think they want you to have bought CC off their website at least once with a credit card. The bugs I've been watching are things like when you go to buy ingame CC and they keep on asking you to buy from website instead even if you have. Or ppl claiming that they didn't get the discount.

I don't think that particular thing is a bug since they have it in the fine print. I think they want you to have bought CC off their website at least once with a credit card. The bugs I've been watching are things like when you go to buy ingame CC and they keep on asking you to buy from website instead even if you have. Or ppl claiming that they didn't get the discount.

I know myself and others have purchased multiple times from the website with the CC on file and it tells me I have to make a purchase, before I can enable the feature, to get the discount. Sounds like a bug/glitch in their system to me.