Aries_cz's story videos

Aries_cz

Yeah, I supposed that at least the dyes would work, as I did dye them all, but is seems to suffer from the same problem as Unify colors. It is a shame though, as lot of the armors look really cool together when color matched or dyed...

Well, the story videos with Zendikar are more or less my first attempt at this, I learned a lot that I will apply in my Scoundrel videos... which will start soon™ as I am almost through Corellia with this series

Wait, you're doing a smuggler after this?

Aw maaaan... I already started a smuggler storyline video :p

• 1 month later...

So, I finally managed to find some time to complete the editing and uploading of the remaining parts.

Part 16 -

- the mystical journey to free the imprisoned Voice of the Emperor

Part 17 -

- steering the tides of war and securing one extremely valuable ally

Part 18 -

- Final showdown between Zendikar and Baras

It has been a most interesting gameplay experience, and I will (hopefully) soon™ begin rerolling my Smuggler for another epic adventure of chasing fame and fortune.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, parts up to Tatooine have been uploaded, but I have hit a galactic snafu because of my stupidity and some funky error. Alderaan was rendered, playable, but somehow got corrupted so YouTube will not upload it and it wont play back. And naturally, I already deleted all the source files.

So, I guess Alderaan will have to be skipped over and go straight to the intermezzo between Chapter 1 and 2.

Dammit...

Edited by Aries_cz

Well, parts up to Tatooine have been uploaded, but I have hit a galactic snafu because of my stupidity and some funky error. Alderaan was rendered, playable, but somehow got corrupted so YouTube will not upload it and it wont play back. And naturally, I already deleted all the source files.

So, I guess Alderaan will have to be skipped over and go straight to the intermezzo between Chapter 1 and 2.

Dammit...

Did you try to recover the files from your harddrive?

(this happened to me before too... so now I always keep the finished videos for future use. They're not that big after editing and rendering.)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Sadly, I did, I tried all sort of computer wizardry I know, but i was unable to recover all files, maybe one third got restored, not enough to recreate.

And I do have the "rendered" final video, it just got somehow corrupted (bad header, apparently, and it cannot be fixed by any method known to me or google), and I deleted the source videos before it (because they were approx. 70GB and I wanted to film some more), so I cannot restore it...

Well, looks like I underestimated myself. I managed to repair majority of the video, missing only maybe last 5 minutes. I will try to re-edit is (audio is slightly off) and upload at least what I have. Lesson learned for future - DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING UNTIL IT IS ON YOUTUBE

EDIT: Me and my big mouth... while the video seems to play fine, I cannot edit it without causing some major glitches in it. So, I will probably not upload it at all. I guess it is better to have nothing than something incomplete and in crappy quality...

Edited by Aries_cz

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... Alderaan... that's lvl 28 or so right?

It would be possible (although tedious, and trust me, I'm speaking from experience) to make a duplicate character (same look, same equipment same name but with an ´ somewhere) and play all the way up to there (maby powerplaying using KDY) and re-record that planet.

if you're a completionist.

I did it with Loegaire (or should I say Loegaíre)... but I won't tell you what planet it was (because I don't want to show how insane I am, but let's just say I spent 2.5 million on one dye for him.)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Hmm... Alderaan... that's lvl 28 or so right?

It would be possible (although tedious, and trust me, I'm speaking from experience) to make a duplicate character (same look, same equipment same name but with an ´ somewhere) and play all the way up to there (maby powerplaying using KDY) and re-record that planet.

if you're a completionist.

I did it with Loegaire (or should I say Loegaíre)... but I won't tell you what planet it was (because I don't want to show how insane I am, but let's just say I spent 2.5 million on one dye for him.)

Yeah I know, and I will probably get around to it on when another Double XP time comes around. I am just too lazy to grind it on normal speed because of 20 minutes of video.

• 3 weeks later...