The Chat Window: You broke it.

Talimar

Actually I'm afraid that didn't sort it totally. The text never fades if it doesn't update. So if I'm in guild chat and noone says anything, after a while the text fades out too. This no longer happens.

It's fun how ppl are coming in to this thread and have no clue about what is wrong with the chat.

It has no fading issue. It is just highlighted at all time now instead of just bein highlighted when having the mouse cursor over it. PvP players are noticing this more than other players I guess.

Just go back into preferences then select chat, adjust the chat panel alpha to something other than it is, apply, put back to what it was, apply, sorted

It reverts back after a loading screen though, well at least for me and a few others I've seen in general chat

Evidently there was a drastic issue with the way it was working prior to this morning. If not, why was it changed?

Mythic Devs (aka idiots) - there is enough wrong with the game that needs fixing that you don't need to create more.

It's fun how ppl are coming in to this thread and have no clue about what is wrong with the chat.

It has no fading issue. It is just highlighted at all time now instead of just bein highlighted when having the mouse cursor over it. PvP players are noticing this more than other players I guess.

Its a mess, even if you fix the alpha it doesn't stick.

Hope the engineer that did this is not Imperial, the punishment for failure being what it is :)

Evidently there was a drastic issue with the way it was working prior to this morning. If not, why was it changed?

Mythic Devs (aka idiots) - there is enough wrong with the game that needs fixing that you don't need to create more.

If you've ever worked in software development you know, when you fix one bug, another will undoubtedly pop up.

It's just the nature of the beast.

There is no such thing as a bug free MMO.

:cool:

its happening to me too after 2.2.2 patch. Even changing panel alpha, nothing happens. :mad:

change alpha from 0 to 100%, then hit apply

then change 100% to 0% and hit apply again.

Window will now fade UNTIL you zone. As soon as you zone to a new location (eg. entering a wz, new planet, etc), you have to redo these steps..

change alpha from 0 to 100%, then hit apply

then change 100% to 0% and hit apply again.

Window will now fade UNTIL you zone. As soon as you zone to a new location (eg. entering a wz, new planet, etc), you have to redo these steps..

Not the entire problem. The text still never fades at all. Anyway, apparently they know it's an issue.

Not the entire problem. The text still never fades at all. Anyway, apparently they know it's an issue.

Unlcheck Chat Fade. Hit Apply. Recheck Chat Fade. Hit Apply.

Combined with the above method the Chat window will work as normal again, text and all, at least until you zone.

:cool:

Hi there folks,

As Blackavaar stated above, the Chat Window forgetting to fade away properly was acknowledged and posted on on the Known Issues first thing yesterday. It's currently slated to be fixed with Game Update 2.2.3.

:ph_cheers:

When is 2.2.3? Next scheduled maintenance? This bug is seriously annoying.

Good thing it still has no effect on gameplay what so ever.

That's right it's like having a sticky A4 sheet of paper slap onto your windscreen as you're driving along the freeway/autobahn/motorway.

There it is stuck on that upper left corner flapping a bit, making some noise, blocking a bit of the view.

Next available time slot to remove paper from windscreen is a week+

Meanwhile it carries on flapping, blocking the view.

No effect on the whole experience I'm sure.

That's right it's like having a sticky A4 sheet of paper slap onto your windscreen as you're driving along the freeway/autobahn/motorway.

There it is stuck on that upper left corner flapping a bit, making some noise, blocking a bit of the view.

You compared a chat window not fading away in a video game to having your windshield partially obstructed while driving 60+mph on the highway...

Thank the lord that a chat window in a game wont get me or anyone else killed whilst driving a motor...

are you freaking kidding me? You use that as an example?