"Show sith corruption" issue in 2.1?

Zergnaut

I really hope they remember to add the option to "Show sith corruption " when redesigning our character on the kiosk. That affects all sorts of things such as skin colors. From the images I have seen so far it looks like they have forgot to include this. According to the link below there is no option for it. :rak_02:

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/customization?utm_source=(not_set)&utm_medium=crm&utm_campaign=sor_bwa-crm-t-en-AprilInsiderFor-001&sourceid=sor_bwa-crm-t-en-AprilInsiderFor-001

Edited by Zergnaut

That's a nice catch Zergnaut. Since it seems to be a screen inside the regular game interface rather being kicked back into the character editor it may be possible that you can see the immediate results of corruption by also opening char screen and toggling it. But having a toggle button for it in the editor definitely makes more sense.

That's a nice catch Zergnaut. Since it seems to be a screen inside the regular game interface rather being kicked back into the character editor it may be possible that you can see the immediate results of corruption by also opening char screen and toggling it. But having a toggle button for it in the editor definitely makes more sense.

Yes now is the time to say something so lets hope they see this and Sir Eric responds in time before release. I personally like Sith Corruption on my characters and want to be able to see it on them when redesigning my Character. :rak_03:

Edited by Zergnaut

I wish they'd fix Sith corruption, it's garbage in it's current state.

Sith Purebloods are red skinned, they take pride in their red skin, they also focus on DS of the force. Yet go full dark side and you go white as your average CEO :rolleyes:

Darth Maul was a student of the Darkside and he was a very dark red black, I guess he wasn't even Dark I :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Corruption doesn't come up in the preview window either, really is annoying when trying out different looks.

That statement right there is why is am SCARED this is something they have forgot about or OVERLOOKED. So I hope we can get a response from Eric on the matter. I HOPE if you are Dark V it will show you as Dark V when you go to race change or redesign your character.

Edited by Zergnaut

IMHO sith corruption looks awful in every race. Very unimaginative. Your skin fades and you look veiny. I would prefer something more menacing and less like my great-grandmother. Until then, i use the "Hide" option on all my DS toons.

IMHO sith corruption looks awful in every race. Very unimaginative. Your skin fades and you look veiny. I would prefer something more menacing and less like my great-grandmother. Until then, i use the "Hide" option on all my DS toons.

/signed

I don't think it looks awful in every race, but in most of them. Only ones I don't think it looks bad is Human and Rattataki

Yes now is the time to say something so lets hope they see this and Sir Eric responds in time before release. I personally like Sith Corruption on my characters and want to be able to see it on them when redesigning my Character. :rak_03:

I agree... it would be great to see the look with corruption before committing to it.

the rank 5 Sith corruption doesnt look like the Movies nor it exist in Lore that the Darke side corruption make the eyes red colored, i hope we get the option to pick eyes color like Darth Malgus or darth sidious etc...

the rank 5 Sith corruption doesnt look like the Movies nor it exist in Lore that the Darke side corruption make the eyes red colored, i hope we get the option to pick eyes color like Darth Malgus or darth sidious etc...

If you want to change sith Corruption start a new thread. This is for people who want to make sure we can see it on our character before we commit to it.

Edited by Zergnaut

• Dev Post
Hi there! I've asked the Appearance Designer Kiosk developers about this, and it wasn't overlooked! When previewing changes, the Kiosk displays characters as they currently are in game. This means that if you have Dark Side Corruption enabled, Appearance Designer will take that into account. Hopefully this answers your question with regards to seeing new looks on your Dark Side characters.

Hi there! I've asked the Appearance Designer Kiosk developers about this, and it wasn't overlooked! When previewing changes, the Kiosk displays characters as they currently are in game. This means that if you have Dark Side Corruption enabled, Appearance Designer will take that into account. Hopefully this answers your question with regards to seeing new looks on your Dark Side characters.

So I assume if we have the Show Dark Side Corruption toggle on, we will see the DSC, and if it's not, we won't. It's based on what we have currently selected for out character.

Thanks for checking this Amber :)

Good, now you can make it work in the preview window too. :)

So will we be able to finally choose the dark side corruption level on our characters in 2.1? Or at least have an option to use yellow eyes instead of red ones with Dark Side Corruption V?

I love you Amber! TY for the Response! :D It would have been a nightmare if I changed to a Race then tried to "GUESS" what I would look like with DS Corruption. lol I do agree having it in the preview window too would be nice also O.o It is actually the lack of having it preview window that made me worry in the first place.

Edited by Zergnaut

MAN! Why the heck did you have to go and do that?!

Now I'm getting excited for the update. Thanks a lot!

(sulks into a corner and pouts)

*mumbles "I hate getting excited, it makes my week take longer..."

Does this mean we have to take off hooded outfits before we use the Kiosk if we want to change hairstyles?

Hoods cover/hide hair...

Edited by Radzkie

Haha been wondering about this issue when 2.1 hits.

Thanks for the answer.