CrAzEdMiKe's 1-50 Power-Levelling Guide!

CrAzEdMiKe

• 3 weeks later...

I was testing out the pending quests portion on Tython and I though I should let you know

That you can keep 2 pending in the Mission log for as long as you want.

3 Missions Pending is the maximum but it will not let you enter mission areas or talk to NPC's that are giving/turning in missions

It will pop up saying you need to accept some quest rewards.

CrAzEdMiKe what a great Guide! I'm getting started on my 3rd alt here... and I'm going to be going over your guide as I level her. :)

I've noticed that the higher level I get on any alt char, the more Space Missions I do = less time in whatever assigned Planet I'm leveling on. Space Missions = great exp as well as extra money! I haven't read through your entire guide now (well, any of the addendums) but I completely skipped Space Missions on my main when I was leveling her back when the game debuted. I was too busy exploring & leveling on plantes, as well as focusing on my Class Quest and FP's, to really explore Space. When leveling my first alt, I made sure to do all Space Missions every day (well, almost everyday lol) and it was great! Money, Exp, and Fleet Commendations = win! Plus it was nice being able to purchase new Ship upgrades as they became available (it's also a good idea to keep an eye on the GTM if you're not a Cybertech as you level so you can equip those blue ship upgrades that help to make Space Missions soooo much easier). Fleet Commendations add up very quickly as more Space Missions become available (I had something like 400+ when I hit mid-40's on her).

I also always try to make sure to do my Bonus Series on every planet as they offer great Exp as well as rewards from completing the entire Bonus Series questline.

Anyway... keep up the good work. I have also bookmarked your Guide. ;)

• 8 months later...
I would really like to thank you kind sir for creating a leveling guide that has helped me cut my leveling in half the time then normal Instead it taking me 1 full week to reach level 22. useing your guide i was able to cut my leveling time down to 2 and a half days. again thank you

• 3 months later...

Hi!

This is a realy great guide! I admire You for taking the time to write it down. This maybe a stupid question but could You write more about maintaining the 6 levels ahead of the quest.

I came to Corrusnat as lvl 15. But only 3 quests are for lvl 9. I did them and still had a lot xp to gain before lvl 16. Should I make lvl 16 (by flashpoints and warzone) before doing the lvl 10 missions?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Poland and always had problems with writing.

• 2 months later...
:) I found this post really helpful. I started off playing as a Jedi Sentinel, and found game play very frustrating because I was always starting a new world at the very bottom of its level range. This lead to a lot of ending up dead and so much money wasted on repairs. After reading this I thought I would try what you suggested with a level one Smuggler. I was able to to catch up to my Sentinel ( level 35) in ten days and each planet is absolutely easy so far. Thanks for the helpful advice.

• 1 month later...

Question from a new player here...

I have a level 10 jedi and I've heard people mention adaptive armor. I assume this armor levels up with you and the stats get better as you level. (they had armor like this in wow)

Where do I get it? What does it cost?

Would you suggest buying it for power leveling?

Question from a new player here...

I have a level 10 jedi and I've heard people mention adaptive armor. I assume this armor levels up with you and the stats get better as you level. (they had armor like this in wow)

Where do I get it? What does it cost?

Would you suggest buying it for power leveling?

adaptive armor doesnt exactly level up automatically with you. you will need to replace the armorings/mods/enhancements in them.

what makes it adaptive is that depending on the class that wears it it will either act like light, medium or heavy armor, so you can have the same look with it as a light armor wearer or as a heavy armor wearer without your armor rating decreasing.

you can get it from social vendors from different planets (requiring different levels of social level), or from the cartel market, or from the GTN

adaptive armor doesnt exactly level up automatically with you. you will need to replace the armorings/mods/enhancements in them.

what makes it adaptive is that depending on the class that wears it it will either act like light, medium or heavy armor, so you can have the same look with it as a light armor wearer or as a heavy armor wearer without your armor rating decreasing.

you can get it from social vendors from different planets (requiring different levels of social level), or from the cartel market, or from the GTN

thanks for your reply. so is this worth it for a new player? or should i just acquire armor as i play?

• 1 year later...
Hi!

This is a realy great guide! I admire You for taking the time to write it down. This maybe a stupid question but could You write more about maintaining the 6 levels ahead of the quest.

I came to Corrusnat as lvl 15. But only 3 quests are for lvl 9. I did them and still had a lot xp to gain before lvl 16. Should I make lvl 16 (by flashpoints and warzone) before doing the lvl 10 missions?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Poland and always had problems with writing.

What I've been doing is not getting to the next level but only really boosting my level between planets so after startworld before capital world etc.

• 2 weeks later...
This guide is awful. It will succeed only in making you grossly over levelled for the content and increasing the amount of time it takes to reach the cap. Just make sure to do any PVP, Space and Flashpoint dailies. Abandon any green side missions.

Way to necro-troll.

It's actually pretty good. Clearly, it's aimed at people who want to level through the world -- admittedly, it takes more time, but there's also more variety. Granted, by the time you're doing the same quest the eighth time they can get exceedingly boring, but that's not the kind of player the guide is aimed at. Overlevelling for the content you do is not a bad idea, either, as long as you don't outlevel your class story by more than 6 levels. Showing up for a planet three levels higher than recommended will ensure that you can either breeze right through it without any trouble, give you leeway to skip That One Quest, or just skip a few gear levels and save up on commendations for the next higher one.

There are some problems with this guide, like, say, suggesting that players run past mobs while levelling in the world -- that doesn't work very well. If you want to skip enemies, play a stealth-capable class or find a way around. Also, the guide ignores the value of healer companions. Sure, they may not be as flashy, but they're extremely valuable in that they reduce your downtime to practically zero and give a tank or DPS considerably more staying power than a tank companion. As a tank, a healer companion will also do a little bit to train you in proper tanking (though you shouldn't ignore regular FPs and group content, obviously) since they are more likely to get aggro from enemies you are ignoring than DPS, forcing you to adjust your tanking.