SoR Intro: No Romances Acknowledged ( Imperial Classes ONLY )

Darth_Wicked

As per the title.

Apologies everyone but apparently, Imperial classes got a raw deal, assuming this is NOT a bug, and hence working as intended. :(

For more details, see below:

REPUBLIC CLASSES

JEDI CONSULAR

JEDI KNIGHT

Male: Romance took place ( Kira ) //

Female: Romance took place ( Doc ) // NO ROMANCE = Same as NO ROMANCE for Male Knight

SMUGGLER

TROOPER

Male:

// NO ROMANCE = Same as NO ROMANCE for Female Trooper

Female: Romance took place ( Aric ) //

IMPERIAL CLASSES

It is pointless to even try to make a list for this one, since... Maybe it is actually bugged? Hopefully? :o

To be blunt, whether you chose to pursue a romance with a companion and eventually married him or her, it seems the game fails to acknowledge it.

The only exception right now is the Imperial Agent, as you can see here. This is most likely due to the fact it was patched just last week.

I have a friend who claims Kaliyo says she was expecting her male Agent in bed, but seeing she has no recording or screenshot of that moment, I'm unsure on that one. Regardless, Kaliyo presently says this if you chose NOT to romance her.

So, to conclude, whether your character is male or female, and you chose to pursue a romance with the companions below:

• Ashara Zavros and Andronikos Revel for the Sith Inquisitor

• Vette and Malavai Quinn for the Sith Warrior

• Mako and Torian Cadera for the Bounty Hunter

There is absolutely NO VARIATION WHATSOEVER during the SoR / Rishi Intro for Imperial classes. NONE AT ALL. You get the intros linked below, assuming you finished chapter three:

Sith Warrior

Guys at Bioware, is this working as intended? :confused:

To quote the late Grand Moff Kilran, it would strain credulity this was overlooked for Imperials, while the Republic classes at least got something.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for pointing this out. I knew something was off in my talk with Vette...

+1

Again, for all intents and purposes, it is NOT impossible the intros are working as intended.

However, there's the issue of this screenshot featuring Vector, plus the fact the intro for Imperial Agents was bugged prior to last Tuesday's patch.

On another note, Jaesa being silent is equally disconcerting but then again, that's another story.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

That`s really pathetic of Bioware. :(

Look at the bright side: Some people ALWAYS claim Bioware is biased towards the Empire. The links above clearly infer otherwise; now Imps get to taste their own medicine. :p

Again, assuming this is working as intended, which I still doubt.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I was trying to figure out why Torian was so distant from my main when they're married.

Booooooo. I thought BW said they were going to have occasional mentions of the relation status in the future from 2.0 or something. Or was that Old BW?

As you can see here, there is at least one companion that seems to acknowledge the romance that took place PRIOR to the release of SoR.

As mentioned earlier, I'm unclear on Kaliyo however. :(

Regardless, seems odd to think the Imperial Agent got special treatment, Empire-side, and all the other classes got the boot. There's gotta be something not working as intended.

As you can see here, there is at least one companion that seems to acknowledge the romance that took place PRIOR to the release of SoR.

As mentioned earlier, I'm unclear on Kaliyo however. :(

Regardless, seems odd to think the Imperial Agent got special treatment, Empire-side, and all the other classes got the boot. There's gotta be something not working as intended.

Then I demand they fix it, and allow us to watch the correct ones! *goes off and pouts* Lucky Agent.

*cough*

I really hope it is a bug, and not working as intended.

what makes me sad about the whole thing is that.. my male agent romanced Reina. my male warrior romanced Jaessa. so they are not getting anything either way.

that and the fact that normally super jealous companions suddenly are totally ok with you flirting with everything that moves right in front of you?

when they said that romancable companions have something to say on Rishi and Uavin, I thought it was cutscene participation. but its just offhand comments when entering certain zones :/

bah.

I don't get it, if it had been for everyone I could understand but as it stands its pretty lame.

Specially given how long the Warrior Spends recruiting Jaesa Willsaam, she doesn't even appear in the cut scene and says nothing at any point in the entire expansion.

On the one hand it feels like BW do not have the budget to do TOR to the previous standard. That it will never be what it was and any hope that it might is pointless. But then to do it for some and not others suggests it could have been done.

Well,
, working as intended now. :p

I feel so completely ripped off right now. I played my male agent all the way through, completed the class story, and I had no companions in my intro to Rishi. I had the cut scene, that had some strange imperial guy forwarding co-ordinates to the agent, and apologizing for the mistake. Kaliyo was there, but never said one peep. You just see her driving the ship. :mad:

what makes me sad about the whole thing is that.. my male agent romanced Reina. my male warrior romanced Jaessa. so they are not getting anything either way.

that and the fact that normally super jealous companions suddenly are totally ok with you flirting with everything that moves right in front of you?

when they said that romancable companions have something to say on Rishi and Uavin, I thought it was cutscene participation. but its just offhand comments when entering certain zones :/

bah.

Honestly, I never expected anything more than that. :(

I did expect them to have every single companion providing those comments, just like they did for Makeb.

I was wrong.

Regardless, I feel your pain concerning Temple.

I don't get it, if it had been for everyone I could understand but as it stands its pretty lame.

Specially given how long the Warrior Spends recruiting Jaesa Willsaam, she doesn't even appear in the cut scene and says nothing at any point in the entire expansion.

On the one hand it feels like BW do not have the budget to do TOR to the previous standard. That it will never be what it was and any hope that it might is pointless. But then to do it for some and not others suggests it could have been done.

As I mentioned on another thread:

• Troy Baker voices both Zenith and Theron Shan, yet for reasons no one can understand, Zenith talks during the intro for the JC and goes silent for the rest of the expansion -- as far as I'm aware anyway.

• Talos Drellik, healer companion for the Inquisitor, offers advice during the Inquisitor class story yet he also goes silent throughout the rest of the expansion.

• Daran Norris voiced Colonel Darok during the Forged Alliances story arc yet Gault Rennow, another character he voices and a companion for the BH, is also silent.

In other words, they did cut corners in several aspects.

What remains to be seen is if they ALSO chose to cut corners for one of the factions, or if this isn't working as intended. Judging from the Vector screenie above... :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

In Jaesa's case, it would require several recordings based on:

LS/DS

Romances or Not (Technically, you can romance her at the very, very end of her LS conversation when discussing her having children to pass on her ability)

So, two and two makes four different versions, for just one character's lines.

Not saying it was okay, just saying a possible reason as to why no lines from her.

I feel so completely ripped off right now. I played my male agent all the way through, completed the class story, and I had no companions in my intro to Rishi. I had the cut scene, that had some strange imperial guy forwarding co-ordinates to the agent, and apologizing for the mistake. Kaliyo was there, but never said one peep. You just see her driving the ship. :mad:

Look at the bright side: At least they fixed it. :(

LS/DS

Romances or Not (Technically, you can romance her at the very, very end of her LS conversation when discussing her having children to pass on her ability)

Not saying it was okay, just saying a possible reason as to why no lines from her.

Even if having Rachel Leigh Cook recording two different Jaesas was too much of a trouble for cutscenes, they did have her as LS and DS Jaesa commenting throughout the entirety of Makeb.

As they did every single companion available at the time.

Even the protocol droids, 2V-R8 and C2-N2.

That planet alone had each companion commenting on different stuff, at least on TWENTY OCCASIONS. In addition to DS / LS Jaesa, and HK-51 ALSO having different comments for each faction.

That's more than Yavin 4 and RIshi COMBINED.

One of these days, I'm gonna lock up all that stuff and make a thread about ti, so people get to see how much was lost in that regard, compared to Makeb. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Bioware has been cutting out the interactivness of their in game romances accross the board. Best example is going from Dragon Age Origins and its very detailed and interactive romances, to Dragon Age 2 and its one shot furtive grope in the dark corner that won't be acknowleged for one or two in game years LoL. (I know Fenris had a thing about being touched but geeztwo years bioware? :p )

Do I even need to go into the infamous Garrus headboop in Mass Effect 2?

Dragon Age Inquisition made it a smidge better where once you establish a romance you can go up to them and ask for a kiss, but aside from very plot specific moments, the romances are very much on the interaction afterthought plate.

I am very unhappy bio went the DA2 route with SoR romances, giving flags that dont fire acknowleding married couples and making it so the companions do as they have for the past two years since they married the protagonist, which is ignore them and pretend the relationship isn't even there just like every other day.

Honestly it doesn't even inspire me to playthrough SoR on my other characters because I don't want my warriors, bhs, and other inqs to be ignore by their husbands like my sin was today by Andronikos when I did her playthrough.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Here's hoping. I still have to run my Lady Agent through it, and I desperately want me some Vector-y goodness. :o

He claims he's enthralled by your mind, even after all these years, and then he becomes this drone who comments on stuff, every so often.

The secret for a solid relationship in real life too. :p

Never overextend; Stick to the basic and you'll prevail.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

He claims he's enthralled by your mind, even after all these years, and then he becomes this drone who comments on stuff, every so often.

The secret for a solid relationship in real life too. :p

Never overextend; Stick to the basic and you'll prevail.

That explains Vector. What about my Mandos? Or my SW's serv-*cough* Imperial Officer who takes care of a few menial things because of Corellia-oh wait, is he still sulking because I'm making him re-earn my respect for him?

That explains Vector. What about my Mandos? Or my SW's serv-*cough* Imperial Officer who takes care of a few menial things because of Corellia-oh wait, is he still sulking because I'm making him re-earn my respect for him?

You mean Akaavi and Torian? :p

One says:

NOT NOW!

The other:

Who's keeping score?

Must be some Mando thing.

On another note, Malavai rules. Dude gets too much uncalled hate. IMHO at any rate.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You mean Akaavi and Torian? :p

One says:

NOT NOW!

The other:

Who's keeping score?

Must be some Mando thing.

On another note, Malavai rules. Dude gets too much uncalled hate. IMHO at any rate.

My SW thinks Quinn was trying to suicide by setting up the poorly planned betrayal in the hopes that anger at his betrayal, and for whom she was betrayed, would fuel her power to defeat the Heretic. She's pissed off at his willingness to just up and die.

I know Mandos aren't wild about PDA, but even the occasional "cyare" to my BH would be nice.

My SW thinks Quinn was trying to suicide by setting up the poorly planned betrayal in the hopes that anger at his betrayal, and for whom she was betrayed, would fuel her power to defeat the Heretic. She's pissed off at his willingness to just up and die.

I know Mandos aren't wild about PDA, but even the occasional "cyare" to my BH would be nice.

On a more serious note, I find both the plan and his willingness to change his mind afterwards kinda silly. I do love what comes between, namely the conversation preceding the fight.

Utterly memorable. And right.

At least you are "tome". :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

On a more serious note, I find both the plan and his willingness to change his mind afterwards kinda silly. I do love what comes between, namely the conversation preceding the fight.

Utterly memorable. And right.

At least you are "tome". :D

We are. He has better gear than all of my companions because I refuse to use Skadge and I can't bear the thought of throwing Blizz at my enemies and sitting back to heal him.

But in SoR intro sequence, he's acting like my main is his mentor, not married to him. Though it was fun hearing him be a little less formal on the ship.

We are. He has better gear than all of my companions because I refuse to use Skadge and I can't bear the thought of throwing Blizz at my enemies and sitting back to heal him.

Healing a tank while you are a healer does feel counterproductive. :p

Though, with the new AR 192 MH's, that may be a thing of the past pretty much. I have DPS companions who inflict 1.5 more damage than my alt.

Gotta spend all those Basic commendations on something.

But in SoR intro sequence, he's acting like my main is his mentor, not married to him. Though it was fun hearing him be a little less formal on the ship.

Assuming there's something afoul, maybe today's patch -- or tomorrow, depending on your time zone -- will fix it. One can hope I guess. The discrepancy is too great to be working as intended I think.

LS/DS

Wait, what? Sorry to derail the thread, but I never knew that. I've done 2 male Sith Warriors and both made her light side and never got the option to flirt/romance her at that conversation option. Just that I'd watch over her kids or something should she choose to pass her gift on.