What happened to the weekly Q&A for 3/9/12?

Pridain

We didn't do a Q&A last week on account of the Guild Summit. However, we did open a new thread for questions last Friday, and you'll see a new round of answers tomorrow!

Thank ya, Ms. Berryman.

Looking forward to reading those tomorrow!

You guys really do give some very informative posts, but other times you completly drop the ball on talking to the public.

You should bring that up at your next round table in house meeting.

"You guys really should have told us you weren't going to do your small Q&A while you were busy doing a huge Q&A. I mean, I got a Q&A either way, but I'm still for whatever reason displeased."

"You guys really should have told us you weren't going to do your small Q&A while you were busy doing a huge Q&A. I mean, I got a Q&A either way, but I'm still for whatever reason displeased."

Funny thing is they actually did announce that there wouldn't be one.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-march-2nd-2012

This week is a bit short on answers, but we’ll definitely make up for it with the upcoming Guild Summit, which is going to be packed full of information! So much, in fact, that we’re going to postpone our next Community Q&A blog until March 16th in order to allow for all of the new information to sink in. We’ll open up the official forum thread for the March 16th Q&A on Tuesday afternoon (CST).

Yeah, I missed that there wasn't going to be a Q&A either, and since it's called the 'weekly' Q&A and I had posted a question over a week ago, I asked another question on what I assumed was the new Q&A thread only to be sent a message from a CSR about posting twice.

It would be nice if the forums were organized and the Q&A had it's own forum, and a sticky had gone up saying something to the effect of 'There will be no Q&A this week and you can read about all kinds of juicy stuff in our guild summit forum'. I really shouldn't have to find an announcement inside another thread.

We didn't do a Q&A last week on account of the Guild Summit. However, we did open a new thread for questions last Friday, and you'll see a new round of answers tomorrow!

So where is the summery from the guild summit ? The guild summit forum don't have many official answers from Bioware.

Q&A everybody have the opportunity to participate. On Guild summit it was just a selected few. Why could you not just answered 10 questions on Q&A at the same time ?? Doing the guild summit is a poor excuse.

So where is the summery from the guild summit ? The guild summit forum don't have many official answers from Bioware.

Q&A everybody have the opportunity to participate. On Guild summit it was just a selected few. Why could you not just answered 10 questions on Q&A at the same time ?? Doing the guild summit is a poor excuse.

Don't worry, you're special too. /nod

On a serious note, the devs answering the Q&A were doing the guild summit. This activity goes on for several days, requires travelling, preparation and stresses them out. They could've done a Q&A sure, but after a hectic holiday you're not going to dance on the table the day you're back home. You'll want rest.

Don't worry, you're special too. /nod

On a serious note, the devs answering the Q&A were doing the guild summit. This activity goes on for several days, requires travelling, preparation and stresses them out. They could've done a Q&A sure, but after a hectic holiday you're not going to dance on the table the day you're back home. You'll want rest.

Hehe... I hope you are being ironic know. They are probably highly paid to go to these kind of events and traveling days are included in their salary. Answering 10 questions would take maximum 45 minutes by 1 person. Doing it with 3 persons (3 questions each) it would take a lot of shorter time. This is absolutely no excuse for not doing this.

How about just answering a few questions that count most... Doesn't have to be 10 of them.

1. Why have you not admitted the FPS problem is on your end, instead still insist that it's on our end by requesting driver updates, dx install, and other configurations, installations, and uninstalls? :p

2. Are you aware that 1.2 patch is do or die for you guys in many ways? :(

3. Do you realize that your customer service is being laughed at by the community mostly because you dont' respond fast enough, close tickets out before getting them resolved, and all have invisible cloak ability when it comes to addressing hot issues outside of automated rseponse that help to only frustrate your customers even more? :cool:

how about you answer just those three for me? I bet you won't! :D

When is the Q&A supposed to post? It's Friday and I've been hitting "refresh" all day waiting for it to show up, but to no avail? Is there a set time that it is published? Why don't they give an approximate time like "afternoon" or "evening" so that we know when to look for it?

This is like Oprah's Book Club to me: I'm hanging on their every word anxiously awaiting the next posting. I need my Q&A fix! That and the Dev Tracker Summary seem to be the only way I can ever find out what's going on, get clarifications on things, and see if there is new information posted about 1.2 content, etc.

When is the Q&A supposed to post? It's Friday and I've been hitting "refresh" all day waiting for it to show up, but to no avail? Is there a set time that it is published? Why don't they give an approximate time like "afternoon" or "evening" so that we know when to look for it?

This is like Oprah's Book Club to me: I'm hanging on their every word anxiously awaiting the next posting. I need my Q&A fix! That and the Dev Tracker Summary seem to be the only way I can ever find out what's going on, get clarifications on things, and see if there is new information posted about 1.2 content, etc.

Fridays not over yet. They tend to post it later in the day. Be patient.

Fridays not over yet. They tend to post it later in the day. Be patient.

You be patient. :D

But what you are saying is Friday isn't over yet so does that mean 11pm? 10pm? All I was really asking is, instead of constantly checking back, when I can expect it to be posted. I guess you somewhat answered the question, but mid-afternoon feels somewhat later in the day. Let's see if they posted... Nope. Not posted. Maybe it's later-later in the day.

Hehe... I hope you are being ironic know. They are probably highly paid to go to these kind of events and traveling days are included in their salary. Answering 10 questions would take maximum 45 minutes by 1 person. Doing it with 3 persons (3 questions each) it would take a lot of shorter time. This is absolutely no excuse for not doing this.

The guild summit was on for about 4 - 5 hours (not including the break)

Edit: Also seems a bit selfish really (not you in particular), but the guild summit revealed a HUGE amount of information, probably equal to a few weekly Q&A's (the info which should be posted on the website, i will admit).

Edited by Mossesman