Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

CharterMonkKent

You can't take srlsy a guy that goes around claiming that he has 1080+ pvp damage. That's a trolling level and that guy has over nine hundred.

I have over 9000 pvp dmg and my assault auto crits for 9k.

Edited by enteri

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In most of your posts I've read, I always end up thinking you're a tool. This one is no different.

Your broken logic tries to compare a single target ability to an aoe ability that only hits 1 target to determine the level of overpoweredness. I'll even go along with your pointless comparison and say that the precursor for rail shot can be cleansed. No such remedy exists for smash. How about the fact that smash autocrits and rail shot doesn't? On top of that consider that smash will always hit harder. I can survive 3 rail shot crits, but I will prob die from 3 smashes. 3x5k is nothing compared to 3x6.5k.

I detect another warrior/knight fanboy trying to defend their broken class.

And I detect another participation trophy needed in game.. Why does little Billy get the bigger gun **tear***tear?

Call me what you want, but

1. Not Every class has a cleanse.

2. Rails have procs just like smash, and other classes have autocrit abilities as well.

3. I never said that it was not OP, I stated that the people who QQ about it tend to have L2P issues.

Most people, even ranged classes, sit in the face of melee trying to win a DPS race. That's full of "WHEEN":rolleyes: I can try to win a DPS race versus smashers, but I am serverly "outclassed" trying to counter rails, or any other properly played range class. Rock, paper FTW.... Do I want three rails coming at me or three smashers?

While I conceed that static objectives makes the situation arduous, huddling around an objective isn't exactly "required" to "watch the node", yet people tend to huddle around them like a fly on ****... They get smashed, smashed, smashed, then QQ, QQ, QQ here.... when they are being Lamont Sanford, by sitting on top of the node, again trying to wheen DPS races...:rolleyes:

And my main is a WH Sage. Playing my Sage taught me that LOS, CC, and movement/kiting are at a premium in PvP. I know who to "run" from and who to stand up to... Yes, I los and kite on my Guardian when facing smashers/maras/ranged.

I don't even play full sweep on my Guardian. I'm a hybrid tank, yes a PVP tank. Yes, I guard people and am in close proximity, but when a jugg/mara is close to myself or my healer, you better believe I am going to control him(i.e. push him away, cc, etc). You don't have to be close to your healer 100% of the time... unless your worried about stats..... smh.... But at the end of the day, I'M a TANK!!! I am suposse to eat large amounts of damage, regardless of where it comes from, and die.

3 smashers hitting me or 3 rails hitting me, 3 orbital strikes, 3 DF, 3 ravages, 3 xxxx. I'm dead, or on life support... and, depending on the situation, it actually might be better if I died and got back out of spawn right away....

Sorry to clunk you over the head with my toolbag, but, sounds like you are more concerned about damage numbers on a scoreboard. "Lamont, u big dummy" comes to mind...

And I detect another participation trophy needed in game.. Why does little Billy get the bigger gun **tear***tear?

I stopped playing my mara when they became fotm in 1.2. You obviously don't have that kind of control.

Call me what you want, but

1. Not Every class has a cleanse. TEAM GAME

2. Rails have procs just like smash, and other classes have autocrit abilities as well. NONE HIT AS HARD AS SMASH

3. I never said that it was not OP, I stated that the people who QQ about it tend to have L2P issues. FOR THE LAST TIME.....YOU CAN ONLY DELAY SMASH, NOT AVOID IT

While I conceed that static objectives makes the situation arduous, huddling around an objective isn't exactly "required" to "watch the node", yet people tend to huddle around them like a fly on ****... They get smashed, smashed, smashed, then QQ, QQ, QQ here.... when they are being Lamont Sanford, by sitting on top of the node, again trying to wheen DPS races...:rolleyes:

Anytime your team has more than 1-2 melee (very very common) and they are on the same target (you know....focus firing) ppl are going to be grouped. On paper you can say ppl should be spread out, but in actual gameplay it doesn't go down like that even on the most skilled of teams.

And my main is a WH Sage. Playing my Sage taught me that LOS, CC, and movement/kiting are at a premium in PvP. I know who to "run" from and who to stand up to... Yes, I los and kite on my Guardian when facing smashers/maras/ranged.

I don't even play full sweep on my Guardian. I'm a hybrid tank, yes a PVP tank. Yes, I guard people and am in close proximity, but when a jugg/mara is close to myself or my healer, you better believe I am going to control him(i.e. push him away, cc, etc). You don't have to be close to your healer 100% of the time... unless your worried about stats..... smh.... But at the end of the day, I'M a TANK!!! I am suposse to eat large amounts of damage, regardless of where it comes from, and die.

It takes all of 3-5 seconds for a good team to hard swap to a healer out of range of his tank and burst him down. I know you're going to say something about the tank getting back into range of his healer, but you're going to have a hard time doing that if you get cc'ed while the burst is laid down. Sounds like you suffer from fighting baddies and base all your PVP knowledge on your lack of experience against coordinated teams.

3 smashers hitting me or 3 rails hitting me, 3 orbital strikes, 3 DF, 3 ravages, 3 xxxx. I'm dead, or on life support... and, depending on the situation, it actually might be better if I died and got back out of spawn right away....

Sorry to clunk you over the head with my toolbag, but, sounds like you are more concerned about damage numbers on a scoreboard. "Lamont, u big dummy" comes to mind...

If 3 of any attack is bringing you down on life support, then you need more endurance. Only a few abilites are capable of doing that, even less than that on a tank.

Edited by Ravashakk

I stopped playing my mara when they became fotm in 1.2. You obviously don't have that kind of control.

Anytime your team has more than 1-2 melee (very very common) and they are on the same target (you know....focus firing) ppl are going to be grouped. On paper you can say ppl should be spread out, but in actual gameplay it doesn't go down like that even on the most skilled of teams.

It takes all of 3-5 seconds for a good team to hard swap to a healer out of range of his tank and burst him down. I know you're going to say something about the tank getting back into range of his healer, but you're going to have a hard time doing that if you get cc'ed while the burst is laid down. Sounds like you suffer from fighting baddies and base all your PVP knowledge on your lack of experience against coordinated teams.

If 3 of any attack is bringing you down on life support, then you need more endurance. Only a few abilites are capable of doing that, even less than that on a tank.

I'm a tank dumbdumb and I been a tank since August, before the patch, so try again Lamont.

So are you actually upset that you can get smashbombed during a focus? LOL.....:D Sorry bro you funny...

Equally good/coordinated team sees these things happening and should be promply peeling for said healer... either that or a "focus" is also "going on on the other teams healer... See how that work?

You really don't get it do you?:rolleyes: Its called eye for an eye... You want to gangb? Here, eat this smash pudding...

That's why the tears are funny. It actually is trying to force people to be better players. When you are being gbanged by three smashers, you should be strive to live longer, run, los, cc whatever....because it is allowing your TEAM TO WIN by creating a mismatch against the other team... and the same thing goes for multiples of any other class trying to kill you....

Also if three crit PT rail shots from three BHs at about the same time, yea, I'm on life support, and popping CDs and Medaks to stay alive, as three are 60%+ of your HP for most classes even in WH gear...

(People actually think they should survive and even "win" when they outnumbered... pfft):rolleyes:

And yes, I do play zergbads... because

A. There is no such thing as "high" level teams when 70% of the player pool don't/didn't play ranked. What good is a rating if you played the same ****tay teams over and over and over again?

B. Even the experienced teams that I do play (one notorious Premade Imp team on TSL) don't gather around the fire; cooking smores, while I am about to pour gasoline on the fire... they play a one-on-one isolation game. And faceroll with floating Healers and Carnage Spec Maras and a couple of Snipers. They assign targets, they blow them away, and they are not all huddled around a node while they are doing it... (notice how there is no smashers in that equation?).

That's the point.

Stop cooking smores, stop gangbgin' healers/players, try to isolate them to limit collateral damage.

Simple really. Change your tactics....

Edited by L-RANDLE

I'm a tank dumbdumb and I been a tank since August, before the patch, so try again Lamont.

So are you actually upset that you can get smashbombed during a focus? LOL.....:D Sorry bro you funny...

Equally good/coordinated team sees these things happening and should be promply peeling for said healer... either that or a "focus" is also "going on on the other teams healer... See how that work?

You really don't get it do you?:rolleyes: Its called eye for an eye... You want to gangb? Here, eat this smash pudding...

That's why the tears are funny. It actually is trying to force people to be better players. When you are being gbanged by three smashers, you should be strive to live longer, run, los, cc whatever....because it is allowing your TEAM TO WIN by creating a mismatch against the other team... and the same thing goes for multiples of any other class trying to kill you....

Also if three crit PT rail shots from three BHs at about the same time, yea, I'm on life support, and popping CDs and Medaks to stay alive, as three are 60%+ of your HP for most classes even in WH gear...

(People actually think they should survive and even "win" when they outnumbered... pfft):rolleyes:

And yes, I do play zergbads... because

A. There is no such thing as "high" level teams when 70% of the player pool don't/didn't play ranked. What good is a rating if you played the same ****tay teams over and over and over again?

B. Even the experienced teams that I do play (one notorious Premade Imp team on TSL) don't gather around the fire; cooking smores, while I am about to pour gasoline on the fire... they play a one-on-one isolation game. And faceroll with floating Healers and Carnage Spec Maras and a couple of Snipers. They assign targets, they blow them away, and they are not all huddled around a node while they are doing it... (notice how there is no smashers in that equation?).

That's the point.

Stop cooking smores, stop gangbgin' healers/players, try to isolate them to limit collateral damage.

Simple really. Change your tactics....

I stopped reading after the first few sentences. I can't take anything you say seriously. If you ever get on my level, maybe ill consider what you spew on the forums. Until that day, keep making it apparent to everyone here how bad of a player you are.

Edited by Ravashakk

I stopped reading after the first few sentences. I can't take anything you say seriously. If you ever get on my level, maybe ill consider what you spew on the forums. Until that day, keep making it apparent to everyone here how bad of a player you are.

Oh............ "get on my level" huh?:rak_03: A knob calling someone a tool?:D Give me a break...:rolleyes:

Yup, I'm a baddie.... I have no clue what I'm doing... I stack cunning on my knight, mindlessly zerg on nodes trying to cap them while AoE is flying around, and try to mezz myself while I'm in my own spawn...:D

Mr. "On paper" works... LOL, If you can't move, maybe get a new keyboard FTW?:D

Oh............ "get on my level" huh?:rak_03: A knob calling someone a tool?:D Give me a break...:rolleyes:

Yup, I'm a baddie.... I have no clue what I'm doing... I stack cunning on my knight, mindlessly zerg on nodes trying to cap them while AoE is flying around, and try to mezz myself while I'm in my own spawn...:D

Mr. "On paper" works... LOL, If you can't move, maybe get a new keyboard FTW?:D

I'm sorry, but it is very transparent in the things you say. Like a fingerprint of someone who has only played on a mediocre level. You can throw all the internet slang at me that you picked up like the rest of the lemmings, and you can overuse the bells and whistles that the forums give you access to.....but it doesn't change a thing.

I'm sorry, but it is very transparent in the things you say. Like a fingerprint of someone who has only played on a mediocre level. You can throw all the internet slang at me that you picked up like the rest of the lemmings, and you can overuse the bells and whistles that the forums give you access to.....but it doesn't change a thing.

Guess I just popped your puffy chest, paper champ...... :D I don't have delusions of grandeur like yourself because a trained monkey press a button and can play this game better than some... :rolleyes: The game involves very little in the way of "skill" and "creative" thinking...

But you somehow mistake that this discussion is about skill. It's pretty obvious you refer to these high level players, but you yourself are not one of them. The top players/teams don't really complain about mediocre, easy to counter, specs. The train stomp them... That is why they are top players...

The list that Charter started just proves one thing: There is an abundance of high level attacks for all classes. which was my intital point in saying, "I hope the smash QQ babies look at this"... A point that obviously went WAY over your head... "Get on your level" must mean I need to drop down a few pegs...:o

The list also proves something about you: Those teams of coordinated derpsmashing warriors are ruining the gameplay in WZs and causing "leet"(me) players to unsub..:rolleyes:

Keep on huddling around the camp fire sharing QQ stories about getting curbstomped by those no-skill, talentless, smash monkeys. It's cute...

You are getting curbstomped by monkeys...... How ironic? :rolleyes:

Edited by L-RANDLE

Ok Folks. Updated

I added in "Rare" at the end of a few abilities since there are some who say they happen and some who say they do not (or they don't happen often enough to be considered capable). I think adding in Rare is a happy medium.

I have removed deathfield/mirror from sins/shadow. There seems to be a consensus that it is not possible.

It is not rare. It is not existing. Death Field individual hits are never over ~3400k.

Edited by Aetideus

This is a community built post so I would have listened to your reasoning on this one, but then you said it never breaks 3400 :confused:

I am back to playing madness ill try and get a SS of my biggest deathfield hit tonight. Gonna try and get that mythical 5k.

I am back to playing madness ill try and get a SS of my biggest deathfield hit tonight. Gonna try and get that mythical 5k.

I removed it from Sin last week. It's still on sorc because I have more people telling me they have it happen than those that say it's impossible. Those that go with 600 expertise and high end damage increase pve gear tell me it's possible.

I leveled my Sorcerer to Valor 60 with the classic 1/12/28 build post-1.2.

Shortly thereafter (about a month ago) I stopped playing PVP.

First of all, Death Field can definitely break 3.5k.

In fact both Thundering Blast and Death Field should be hitting on average 3.5k or more if you have a decent Gear Set Up.

However, Death Field cannot hit for 5k damage without the now-defunct adrenal stacking.

In fact, Sorcerers have absolutely no offensive abilities that hit for 5k.

Period.

Would love for someone to prove me wrong and explode the Sorc forums with a new PVP-Guide that not even Daellia could have figured out.

I doubt it though.

I leveled my Sorcerer to Valor 60 with the classic 1/12/28 build post-1.2.

Shortly thereafter (about a month ago) I stopped playing PVP.

First of all, Death Field can definitely break 3.5k.

In fact both Thundering Blast and Death Field should be hitting on average 3.5k or more if you have a decent Gear Set Up.

However, Death Field cannot hit for 5k damage without the now-defunct adrenal stacking.

In fact, Sorcerers have absolutely no offensive abilities that hit for 5k.

Period.

Would love for someone to prove me wrong and explode the Sorc forums with a new PVP-Guide that not even Daellia could have figured out.

I doubt it though.

Yes it can hit 5k. I have hit 5k only once since the big nerf - and it was this week actually, and it wasnt against a sorc. It could not have been against a geared opponent though, ive never hit that hard. For the record I play full balance (3/7/31), i dont cut back on expertise its 1350 or something (i cant honestly rememner the number), i swap my mods for power and surge, crit sitting at about 31.5%, bonus damage on 920, surge around 78.5% or something like that, i basically have something like 4% alac, its somewhat useless imo. Average fob hits around 4.2k, sometimes it can be 4.8k, but it all depends on the class and gear of the opponent.

Like has been stated previously - you are not hitting 5k on geared opponents, and you are having to push your class to extremes to even approach those sort of numbers on undergeared ones. Also it does not hit 5 people, it hits 3 maximum (this was also nerfed, as was the heal from it).

Just kind of backs up that they gimped sage dps, compared to the average numbers people are posting in this thread on more forgiving classes and specs. But us sage/sorc have known that for a while. I would much rather have more burst than a stupid bubble that force us into a support role, which is what people prefer for rateds (balance collapses to easy under focus fire). I did the whole bubble stun in rated thing in june (in before someone tells me balance is crap) ye i know its better for survival, but the dps is crap, you may as well hybrid heal.

Dps sages need more love, but push the dps too much and people will scream op (the same classes defending the silly smash bollocks we have now). Smash needs to be brought into line, along with bubble stun, not one or the other - both of these things are making pvp incredibly dull imo.

Sorry to go off topic but this seems pretty obvious to me.

EDIT: The only expertise I swap out is on the saber or off hand (for power), I cant rememeber which one.

Edited by PloGreen

Yes it can hit 5k. I have hit 5k only once since the big nerf - and it was this week actually, and it wasnt against a sorc. It could not have been against a geared opponent though, ive never hit that hard. For the record I play full balance (3/7/31), i dont cut back on expertise its 1350 or something (i cant honestly rememner the number), i swap my mods for power and surge, crit sitting at about 31.5%, bonus damage on 920, surge around 78.5% or something like that, i basically have something like 4% alac, its somewhat useless imo. Average fob hits around 4.2k, sometimes it can be 4.8k, but it all depends on the class and gear of the opponent.

Like has been stated previously - you are not hitting 5k on geared opponents, and you are having to push your class to extremes to even approach those sort of numbers on undergeared ones.

Just kind of backs up that they gimped sage dps, compared to the average numbers people are posting in this thread on more forgiving classes and specs. But us sage/sorc have known that for a while. I would much rather have more burst than a stupid bubble that force us into a support role, which is what people prefer for rateds (balance collapses to easy under focus fire). I did the whole bubble stun in rated thing in june (in before someone tells me balance is crap) ye i know its better for survival, but the dps is crap, you may as well hybrid heal.

Dps sages need more love, but push the dps too much and people will scream op (the same classes defending the silly smash bollocks we have now). Smash needs to be brought into line, along with bubble stun, not one or the other - both of these things are making pvp incredibly dull imo.

Sorry to go off topic but this seems pretty obvious to me.

EDIT: The only expertise I swap out is on the saber or off hand (for power), I cant rememeber which one.

Thank you for the explaination. This is what I hear from others that say DF/FoB is capable if hitting 5k. Rare but it happens. Of course all of these abilities can have increased damage from sources other than direct player stats (group damage increase from mara/sent, WZ damage buff, player debuffs, etc)

Thank you for the explaination. This is what I hear from others that say DF/FoB is capable if hitting 5k. Rare but it happens. Of course all of these abilities can have increased damage from sources other than direct player stats (group damage increase from mara/sent, WZ damage buff, player debuffs, etc)

You can potentially push your aoe a little further (10% increase) if you spec balance and 7 points into the heal tree, but you are losing out on force resources in the tele tree, and if you play balance force resources are one of the biggest drawbacks ( you also lose out on 6% dps on mindcrush procs).

Ye its possible other sources could of influenced my dps, but to be honest I was that shocked i hit 5k I did not notice. Too busy looking at my own procs, and avoiding focus fire to notice to be honest.

Edited by PloGreen

PloGreen,

Thank you for the response.

Essentially, there is no viable build for a DPS-Sorc that provides a 5K damager.

If you decide to completely over-gear your stats to achieve this one strike it is technically possible. So long as you are fighting an under-geared opponent.

In short, so rare as to be essentially unattainable and useless.

That seems to be a good description of Sorc-PVP-DPS in general actually.

When the Stars Align....