[Video] Firebrand and Stormcaller 3 manned

COMBAT LOG

TORParse

This week we bring you the nerve-racking and yet immensly rewarding 3-man kill of Firebrand and Stormcaller. :D

It took us quite a while to devise a strategy for this kill and the execution allowed for very little, if any, mistakes in healing, damage dealing, and mitigation. Beating the enrage timer while healing through the insane amount of damage was the main challenge here.

Highlights:

• Ny'sha XS Freighter Flyby after shield phases was crucial in order to beat the enrage timer, dealing 52k damage.
  • Throughout the fight each of the damage dealers used 3x[Exotech Attack Adrenal] and Inspiration twice.
  • Firebrand's linked enrage lasted 120 seconds and dealed 385k damage - 3209HPS were needed to survive during that stage!
  • The damage dealers couldn't leap to Firebrand nor move after getting into position. Moving meant either going out of melee range or stepping into range of the 12 Trandoshan Shooters eager to kill us.
  • We beat the enrage timer by... 2 seconds :)
  • We needed quite a bit of time for our heart rates to settle down, after the fight our fingertips were tingling!

I must tell you, it doesn't get any better than this, it truly feels like an heroic accomplishment!

[Video] Toth and Zorn 3 manned

Edited by Qvasar

SUPER impressive. That's a very, very tight enrage timer. I'll be interested to see if we can beat it…

I would be curious to see the healer combat log on torparse, so I can look at the HPS time-averaged over a smaller window. I honestly don't know if I would be able to heal through that soft enrage.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

ohwell, that's something, nice healing there :cool: I think if I look at the individual numbers I'm actually pretty close to you in terms of stats, however it's a different question if I'd be able to manage to heal it through and keep up with energy management :D

Ok, that puts my mind significantly at ease. It looks like you were rocking a sustained 2k HPS during the soft enrage, which is a number I can actually reach (I sustained 1970 HPS for over 4 minutes solo healing the second phase of Operator IX, and I didn't use my ammo management CDs).

Not to downplay your achievement at all! That's still an *insane* amount of healing, and you deserve mad props for pulling it off. I'm just glad I won't need to reroll scoundrel to attempt to replicate it. :-) My main concern at this point is I have no damage abilities that I can pre-cast like you can with XS, so the hard enrage may be a serious problem.

I was talking to our sentinel last night, and we're curious: is there a reason you didn't just leave Stormcaller at 10% and nuke Firebrand? That way, you'd only need to heal through a soft enrage for a few seconds.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I was talking to our sentinel last night, and we're curious: is there a reason you didn't just leave Stormcaller at 10% and nuke Firebrand? That way, you'd only need to heal through a soft enrage for a few seconds.

Yes, two reasons:

Firstly the Double Destruction actually seems to work (as it does in HM/NiM modes) after the last shield phase. On a few attempts we had Gosia stunned and shot up in the air after getting hit. Looking closely at the combat logs there seem to be two different forms of Double Destruction - "Double Destruction: Single Destruction" which pretty much doesn't do anything and "Double Destruction" which is lethal.

Secondly it is actually easier to heal through the soft enrage, being one consistent and predictable source of damage than it is to heal through the cleaves done by both bosses on the entire group at random times (sometimes simultaneously).

Ok, that puts my mind significantly at ease. It looks like you were rocking a sustained 2k HPS during the soft enrage, which is a number I can actually reach (I sustained 1970 HPS for over 4 minutes solo healing the second phase of Operator IX, and I didn't use my ammo management CDs).

Not to downplay your achievement at all! That's still an *insane* amount of healing, and you deserve mad props for pulling it off. I'm just glad I won't need to reroll scoundrel to attempt to replicate it. :-) My main concern at this point is I have no damage abilities that I can pre-cast like you can with XS, so the hard enrage may be a serious problem.

We did try leaving stormcaller at 10%, but after that no matter how many times i used my threat drop ability, they couldn't take the agro from me and after a few seconds i was tanking both tanks. Everyone was taking damage from both cleaves, making it impossible to heal. We probably could have done it that way if i stealthed and positioned myself better, but we changed the tactic before trying it.