Best Pve DPS?

EqualizeAndEvade

Play what you want to play, you should never roll a class in MMO based on what's best right now because the balance keeps shifting and by the time you reach level cap and get decent gear, new patch is out and your class might have received some nerfs to bring it in line with others.

where have you seen that? i only see marauders/sentinels topping it by far...

I made a marauder but I'm not too impressed with their AoE. I know they aren't a aoe class but it makes it a pain to level.

I'm more or less playing the game for a story line. End game content is if I actually enjoy the character. Which I am not with my JK, lol. At least not until the game gets a dual spec feature.

The DPS logs compiled by numerous sources have Marauders/Sentinels topping the charts by rather significant margins at the moment. Other ranged DPS classes follow behind and are rather close to each other.

Marauders/Sentinels won't be at the top for long. Things constantly shift and change in an MMO. If you want to play a DPS class, pick one that suits you and is fun to play. Picking a FOTM class just because they're #1 at the moment will only result in epic fail the next time the nerfhammer falls.

As others in this thread have stated, play what you like, I'm an arsenal merc and love it, might not be doing the top DPS but hey, stuff dies and I'm having fun that's what counts right?\

But for top DPS, yeah go marauder ;p

If you got the skills and know your class you can put out crazy dps. Maras/Sens are probs the easiest to do it with. Snipers are awesome. Powertechs can do insane dps if you know what your doing. Pyro and AP are are alot closer than people think as long as you know what your doing. PVE is alot harder to measure but in WZ's Powertechs, Sorcs and Snipers destroy the damage charts

If you got the skills and know your class you can put out crazy dps. Maras/Sens are probs the easiest to do it with. Snipers are awesome. Powertechs can do insane dps if you know what your doing. Pyro and AP are are alot closer than people think as long as you know what your doing. PVE is alot harder to measure but in WZ's Powertechs, Sorcs and Snipers destroy the damage charts

Overall warzone damage is a terrible measure for class DPS.

What's hard to measure about it? Download MOX Parser and the numbers are right there.

The DPS logs compiled by numerous sources have Marauders/Sentinels topping the charts by rather significant margins at the moment. Other ranged DPS classes follow behind and are rather close to each other.

Marauders/Sentinels won't be at the top for long. Things constantly shift and change in an MMO. If you want to play a DPS class, pick one that suits you and is fun to play. Picking a FOTM class just because they're #1 at the moment will only result in epic fail the next time the nerfhammer falls.

most of that data comes from test dummies tbh... though i do believe rauders/sents do the most, it isnt by the 200-400 dps I see people talking about, it is closer than that i believe

people aslo do not take into account how much more damage melee take due to aoe stomps/cleaves/etc over ranged so the HPS needed in raid goes up which is also a factor.

What's hard to measure about it? Download MOX Parser and the numbers are right there.

you make it sound so simple, its more like:

download MOX parser

enable combat logging

specify where the combat logging folder is directed

keep an eye on combat logging as it does not automatically purge old data and thus will take up disk space

those parsers are a sad attempt at a dps meter. its like the desperate way of obtaining the data. the fights arent even that hard in this game. sure bosses have an enrage timer but does it ever really happen? gear checks are common even with a dps meter. its easy to tell where your weakest link is. as long as everyone has the proper gear, dps should never be an issue to the point where people need to gauge it religiously.

most of that data comes from test dummies tbh... though i do believe rauders/sents do the most, it isnt by the 200-400 dps I see people talking about, it is closer than that i believe

Isn't that partly due to the bug with dummies who cannot dodge your attacks, meaning Marauder/Sentinel off-hand attacks never fail to hit? Also, classes who have armor piercing attacks or large portion of elemental/internal damage will perform better against dummies compared to classes who's attacks get mitigated by armor.

After watching how raid mechanics work at this stage ranged is superior. And after getting DPS meeter sorted out it seems mercenary tops it.

This made me LOL.....Merc's are RUINED since 1.2 Heat management is piss poor and Rapid Shots doesn't do enough damage to make up for it. Roll a Sith Warrior, either jug or mara. if you want to top damage charts and not need help with class quest bosses.

Isn't that partly due to the bug with dummies who cannot dodge your attacks, meaning Marauder/Sentinel off-hand attacks never fail to hit? Also, classes who have armor piercing attacks or large portion of elemental/internal damage will perform better against dummies compared to classes who's attacks get mitigated by armor.

Not sure about that but here is a post from a dev talking about the training dummies and some of the factors in their calculations

*click*

This made me LOL.....Merc's are RUINED since 1.2 Heat management is piss poor and Rapid Shots doesn't do enough damage to make up for it. Roll a Sith Warrior, either jug or mara. if you want to top damage charts and not need help with class quest bosses.

Heat management for Arsenal wasn't touched. If they'd just fix the multiple bugs with unload (doesn't vent heat with crits, and doesn't receive surge bonus from talent) I'm sure Merc's will do great in PvE.