Legacy Storage?

idnewton

Then dont call it legacy storage. I guarantee most people thought the exact same thing. With that said, how would it break the game? you can already bypass the majority of the gearing process with legacy gear. If they cared that much about it then they should remove legacy gear because as it stands people farm end game on 2-3 alts and just put it all in a legacy piece. Pointless restriction on legacy bank is pointless.

why not?

it IS legacy storage, as its a storage every character on your legacy can acess rather then individual storage units if individuals characters that only those characters can acess.

kina like... bind on legacy gear can potentially be worn by any character on your legacy, while bind on pickup gear is worn only by the character its bound to.

you guys ARE asking for bioware to remove current binding restrictions, essentially turn all bound items into bound on legacy items. you are asking them to remove a credit sink.

I'm amazed that people actualy expected this to happen.

and no it doesn't make the storage useless. are guild vaults useless? by your definition, they are. because they serve similar function to legacy storage - they allow multiple characters access singular consolidated storage space.

last but not least. i thought strongholds was supposed to be for fun? and I mean, it does sound like fun - decorating, deciding what goes where, collecting. something doesn't need to be super utilitarian to be fun. and contrary to some of the doom and gloom in this thread? legacy storage IS utilitarian.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they cared that much about it then they should remove legacy gear because as it stands people farm end game on 2-3 alts and just put it all in a legacy piece. Pointless restriction on legacy bank is pointless.

I'll definitely /sign to remove legacy gear's ability to move armorings, mods, enhancements, hilts, barrels, and crystals...don't need to remove the gear entirely, just make it so that BoL can only be transferred if there are no Bound modifications in it.

Legacy gear wasn't designed as way to let chars transfer modifications, the devs just decided to roll with it when people started doing it...probably because it had a significant cost (at least with end-game modifications -- chars could just craft or buy leveling modifications and mail them, or just mail the cash to the alt to purchase directly).

I'll state this again in a different manner.

All 180 crafted gear, whether its Implants, Ear Pieces, and Relics are all Bind on Equip. Which means all the hard work the progression raiders have put in to get their Left side is completely useless because its BoP where as someone who spends credits to gear up their toon's Left side will be able to put said ears, implants and relics into the legacy bank. How is this fair?

its fair becasue guess where all that crafted gear comes from? that's right - those raiders that put in hard "work" to clear content, multiple times. seeing as they are the only ones that can get the schematics in a first place since you cannot reverse engineer oriconian implants etc for schematics, only token pieces.

so... they either got their upgrades while having fun with their team, without having to pay exorbitant fees, and/or - they get to CHARGE those exorbitant fees as a result of doing all that "hard work"

I'll throw in my vote of confidence for the Dev team for NOT allowing bind on equip/pickup items in the legacy bank. SWTOR is the only MMO on the market that allows legacy transfer of armor and weapons. We don't need the ultimate "I win" button of relics/ears/implants.

If the folks crying for this feature got what they wanted, and you could transfer implants and relics: Progression raiding teams would force their members to have identical alts (mirrors) and run everything twice, each week, shortening the progression time by half to fully gear out your left side, while doubling the expected amount of in game time. For example, since my ops team is not allowed to exploit Nefra, we are not quite done getting a second implant for everyone (this is in part due to having replaced 2 members during this time as well). However, if this legacy bank thing could unbind an implant, we'd all be done weeks ago, including the 4 implants I need for my tank/dps hybrid, and our 2 new members.

And that's why it shouldn't be done. Progression is too fast already. This would only make it insanely fast, and as an end game operations guy, which already has content coming out far too slow (imho), the last thing I want is to finish off the gearing game even faster, and sit on my hands even longer, waiting for the next content update.

I'll state this again in a different manner.

All 180 crafted gear, whether its Implants, Ear Pieces, and Relics are all Bind on Equip. Which means all the hard work the progression raiders have put in to get their Left side is completely useless because its BoP where as someone who spends credits to gear up their toon's Left side will be able to put said ears, implants and relics into the legacy bank. How is this fair?

One is BOE and one is BOP. What part of BOE =/= BOP is so difficult to understand?

Once that BOE earpiece is equipped, it is bound to character and no longer able to be placed in the legacy storage.

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage.

No one labeled it better than you...

this issue

This is, indeed, an issue. I mean, yay, we can craft using mats from a central source... yippee... that's pretty much the only thing Legacy Storage has added though. You have the opportunity to make your playerbase happy and to make more money. Take this opportunity.

Personally I take the answer as a "We want to add this, but we'd rather roll out GSH on schedule than delay the update for this". If that's the case, I totally understand and agree with your decision. If it's a "good idea, but not currently in the cards" then I am not satisfied. This is a golden opportunity. Take your time, do it right, yes... but take this opportunity.

Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Can I access my crafting materials from Legacy storage?

Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I apologize for neglecting to say this earlier, but thank you for not allowing bound to character items to be placed in legacy storage.

You have made many players very happy with this decision. I, for one, hope that you do not decide to change it in the future.

Edited by Ratajack

incidentally. correct me if I'm wrong,... but... what MMO that has shared storage, allows BoP items to be placed into shared storage and withdrawn by alts? I'm pretty sure ESO doesn't. I'm VERY sure Neverwinter doesn't. and those are just two that I played personally.

just curious. because I'm trying to figure out where exactly this assurance that shared storage MUST be able to hold bind on pickup items is coming from. cause possibility of that happening didn't even occur to me, until some people started demanding it, or its "RUINED FOREVAH!"

incidentally. correct me if I'm wrong,... but... what MMO that has shared storage, allows BoP items to be placed into shared storage and withdrawn by alts? I'm pretty sure ESO doesn't. I'm VERY sure Neverwinter doesn't. and those are just two that I played personally.

just curious. because I'm trying to figure out where exactly this assurance that shared storage MUST be able to hold bind on pickup items is coming from. cause possibility of that happening didn't even occur to me, until some people started demanding it, or its "RUINED FOREVAH!"

I'm pretty sure ESO does, since I played ESO. Since ESO had only 1 bank and that was an account bank. I used my bound armor from 1 character on another character.

I cannot recall being able to send bound to character items to an alt via any means in any MMO that I have ever played.

The closest analogy I can find would be heirloom gear in WoW, but that is bound to account and not to character.

I'm pretty sure ESO does, since I played ESO. Since ESO had only 1 bank and that was an account bank. I used my bound armor from 1 character on another character.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't. its just... not all armor and weapons bound to you even when worn. its been a while ago though. (I could also bring up the fact that there's no such thing as rolling for loot in ESO, but that's neither here nor there)

Putting end game mods into a legacy piece of gear requires that those mods be removed at a substantial cost first. This also does not allow the binding restrictions on earpieces, relics, implants, etc to be circumvented.

It would break the game by negating the current binding restrictions on almost everything, as well as negating a highly effective credit sink.

Maybe it's just me, but it IS called legacy storage, not bypass the binding restrictions and transfer all my bound to character items storage. As I said, I never expected to be able to place anything I could not mail to an alt in the legacy storage. It is not my fault that some people made faulty assumptions and had unrealistic expectations.

Removing mods is a credit sink? lmao since when? The amount of credits I spend removing mods could be used for toilet paper.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't. its just... not all armor and weapons bound to you even when worn. its been a while ago though. (I could also bring up the fact that there's no such thing as rolling for loot in ESO, but that's neither here nor there)

Bound gear that you could not trade to another player could be place into your account bank and used on another character. The only item that could not go into your account back was the box with CE Maps. The maps themselves could go in just not the box.

I apologize for neglecting to say this earlier, but thank you for not allowing bound to character items to be placed in legacy storage.

You have made many players very happy with this decision. I, for one, hope that you do not decide to change it in the future.

Many players? You're in the minority here.

BoL ≠ BoP

MANY, MANY PEOPLE POINTED OUT THIS earlier on. As stated already, it's not exactly their fault that some refuse to perceive the obvious.

people were asking the devs to MAKE it work. which they can do. they decided to not do so. it has nothing to do with them not understanding, it has to do with the devs happy with status quo. for me this make 6 months of develoment time not worth a lot. Yes, i understand that not all content will be useful to me..I can make my feelings known to the devs and the forums are the proper place.

I said many players, not the majority of players. However, judging from the many posts made by players who share my opinion, I would not be so sure that it is such a minority. It may well be closer to an even split than you think.

Bound gear that you could not trade to another player could be place into your account bank and used on another character. The only item that could not go into your account back was the box with CE Maps. The maps themselves could go in just not the box.

Bound gear that you cannot trade to another player is not necessarily bound to character. Look at the legacy gear in this game. You cannot trade it another player, but it is not bound to character.

I do not know if this is the case with ESO, but here is a possible explanation for being able to place some items in the account bank and not others. Since there are items that cannot be placed in the account bank in ESO, it is possible that most items are bound to account and not bound to character. If this is the case, those "bound to account" items would be able to be placed in the account bank but not traded to another player. "Bound to character" items, such as the map box, would not be able to be placed in the account bank.

Removing mods is a credit sink? lmao since when? The amount of credits I spend removing mods could be used for toilet paper.

You may not spend much in the way of credits to remove mods, but there are many players who have many posts on the forums about the cost to remove mods, especially end game mods.

Edited by Ratajack

Actually I never once considered them making my mods, etc that I get for my characters from the comms vendors able to be put in the storage for another character.

So maybe you may be wrong in considering the person was in the minority considering the posts I read but regardless that is something I never considered and from what I can tell neither did my guild.

Good night.

Edited by casi

people were asking the devs to MAKE it work. which they can do. they decided to not do so. it has nothing to do with them not understanding, it has to do with the devs happy with status quo. for me this make 6 months of develoment time not worth a lot. Yes, i understand that not all content will be useful to me..I can make my feelings known to the devs and the forums are the proper place.

People were asking the devs to allow them to bypass the binding restrictions and the credit sink associated with removing and transferring mods, nothing less.

Talk about a false sense of entitlement. No one deserves to be able to bypass the BOP restrictions.

If you want that 180 earpiece on your smuggler, then run that content on your smuggler. Face rolling content with your over geared main does not entitle you to be able to bypass the BOP restrictions and gear up your under geared smuggler.

you dont deserve to be able to equip your mainhand weapon..play without it..what a false sense of entitlement. asking that legacy storage be able to hold bop is not some "entitlement" issue. it is a request of the devs to make a system work better. im sorry that that request bothers you but you will have to get over it...