Fresh 50 Sniper, best spec for PvP?

Skrigg

Have been marksman the entire time leveling and I'm just wondering what the best/most useful spec would be for doing WZ while being in recruit gear? Also is getting the Field Tech set and augmenting it with power/endurnace the best option? Thanks for any help. Edited by Skrigg

My personnal preference is marksman for PvP.

Better burst, direct damage is obviously not cleansable, more entrench, an additionnal knockback, an hard counter to other snipers, faster casting OS to prevent caps, more availability to it as well, and its my personnal opinion more fluid target switch, something lethality has more issue doing efficiently without energy issue.

Thats my personnal preference however.

Thanks, and I assume just straight up field tech set is the way to go?

None of the other set boost any of your abilities if I recall well.

That said, 2 pieces for the extra tick is nice, and it you want to use PvE armoring for the rest, so long as you have sufficient expertise on your mods.

You should play around with the other specs and see what you like, Engineering and Lethality are very strong and cool specs also. I level'd as MM from 10 -30, then Lethality from 30-40 and now I am Engineering. Some things I have noted;

Lethality isn't a big crit build but it is a tank buster and you literally melt away your enemies once you have set yourself up right, I find Lethality the squishiest of the specs but it is quite mobile, you have a 30 second CD on your 4 second close range hard stun which is awesome, plus it gives you a nice speed boost which is very noticeable in PVP plus a lowered CD on shield probe. You will have bad energy management issues starting out and it is quite different from MM but you get used to it. I do hate coming up agains't other Snipers in either of the other 2 specs though as they will often burst you down before you can do too much to them though you can DoT them up and use LOS like those pesky Sorcs. :rak_01:

Engineering is an awesome spec, especially if you find yourself in a 1v1 situation, or are fighting a zerg mob that stays close together. Has really awesome burst every 30 seconds once your explosive probe is off CD, but it does have a bit of setup also. Otherwise it is more similar to MM then Lethality is and it has really good energy management. It is my favourite spec at the moment, but I love them all; have to make sure I give MM another go soon. :)

Issue with engineering, is two of your big hitters are ground targeted AoE.

Plasma probe will hit for a bit of its damage, as you will have IP up on your target, but even being crafty if you want your enemy to stay in it, you'll have to blow roots that can be useful defensively speaking. Makes it a bit bad for pvp. Great anti-melee mechanic if you place them on yourself, and good way to stop a node cap for a while, but its burst is not as good as the two other spec overall.

The hybrids have value tough. MM/eng propose MM signature burst with boosted EP and a nice DoT. Sacrifice is FT, takedown crit damage and the rather nice sniper volley when you really need to burn down something. EP allow more burst tough, but I believe can be cleansed by operatives. Really need to see it drop tough.

Issue with engineering, is two of your big hitters are ground targeted AoE.

Plasma probe will hit for a bit of its damage, as you will have IP up on your target, but even being crafty if you want your enemy to stay in it, you'll have to blow roots that can be useful defensively speaking. Makes it a bit bad for pvp. .

Can't disagree enough dude sorry. Engineering is excellent for pvp if used correctly.