Flashpoint Loot Grievance

Is anything being done to keep people from rolling Need on gear that they want to use for their Companions when someone in the group actually needs it for their own self?

For instance, I've ran Flashpoints with random people on my Operative and when an upgrade for me came along and I rolled Need, I lost to a Sith Juggernaut who rolled Need for his Companion.

I do not know if there is a way they can implement a system that will alleviate this aggravation. They could prevent them from rolling on gear that is not designed for their class. But then if the only person that could use it, did not need it, only he would get the item anyways. Maybe add a companion button option? I dunno.

What I currently do now is...

A: Get loot rules up front in a pug setting.

B: If someone Needs anyways, shrug your shoulders and just leave the group. Doesn't do much if you are a DPS, as they are a dime a dozen, but if you happen to be a tank or healer, it could be a bit to replace you. But ultimately it saves your own sanity.

C: Start and create your own personal "blacklist". Write his or her name down and never group with the person again.

People only act up and go as far as people let them. The server or gaming community may not care, but you certainly can hold these individuals accountable for their misdeeds. Rely on yourself to have the best game playing experience available.

they could set it so you can only roll need on gear for your class, and let anyone roll on greed. that seems like it would fix the problem, for the most part, and wouldn't be that much trouble to implement.

On all my times running flashpoints, everyone's always asked beforehand per item whether they can select need on an item for their companion. If party members were ever to just do it without asking, I would probably quit the flashpoint then and there, and add them to my block list. Although I'd probably stay if one of the other party members was a friend.

Is anything being done to keep people from rolling Need on gear that they want to use for their Companions when someone in the group actually needs it for their own self?

For instance, I've ran Flashpoints with random people on my Operative and when an upgrade for me came along and I rolled Need, I lost to a Sith Juggernaut who rolled Need for his Companion.

Master looter.

Hello there,

We saw this thread and thought you might find this helpful as this was addressed in our weekly Q&A: Community Q&A: Feb 24th 2012

Frung: Have you considered adding a "companion" loot roll option?

Damion Schubert: We've discussed it and have a design for it - when we do this, we will make it so you can only roll 'need' on items that your advanced class is meant to use in one of its specs. I do not currently have an ETA on this feature.

Hello there,

We saw this thread and thought you might find this helpful as this was addressed in our weekly Q&A: Community Q&A: Feb 24th 2012

That still wont solve the issue if I am reading this correctly. For example, my IA sniper has 2 companions whose primary and secondary attributes are the same as my own and im sure other classes are like this as well. I could still roll need and simply use it for my companions.

Master looter is the way to go, and then make everyone /roll, assuming you have a responsible group leader.

That still wont solve the issue if I am reading this correctly. For example, my IA sniper has 2 companions whose primary and secondary attributes are the same as my own and im sure other classes are like this as well. I could still roll need and simply use it for my companions.

Think about it. There's no other way they can do a restricted need roll. The only way they can legitimately program it to work right is to tag each item with a list of advanced classes that are eligible to roll need. For all other advanced class players, the need button is greyed out.

Neither me nor any of my guildies would roll need on companion gear.

But I agree that master looter is the best option available for ops and flashpoints.

The bioware idea of a restricted need roll, sounds like it would create more problems than solve.

Edited by Karkais