TK nerfed?

Iceplayer

Just wondering here. I used to be able to hit 3500's with my tkw and dist was about a 1k-2k crit. Now i can barely break 2200 with every buff imaginable up. Did the damage of those skills get super nerfed in the last 3 months?

Not really. Overall Sages/Sorcs have been slightly nerfed as Force Surge, Force Bending and Lightning Barrage have been nerfed (as well as the Sage equivalents). But your dps should be the same.\

If this is something you noticed in PvP, then I should point out that they released better gear for PvP and your opponents might just be resisting the damage you're trying to do. You said you hadn't played in 3 months right?

I can imagine if I was 50 that there would be a pvp issue, considering the new pieces of gear, but i'm in the under 50 bracket. I'm 40 and having just major damage issues. I'm not a "glass cannnon" like i used to be. Kinda worrying me.

Yeah, sage damage has been a bit low for quite a while, its more akin to a glass handgun rather than a glass cannon as of recently. Pretty much, until damage is buffed, if you want to cast dps go with gunslinger, otherwise sage heal. I like telekenetics as much as anyone, but it definitely needs a damage boost .

Yeah, sage damage has been a bit low for quite a while, its more akin to a glass handgun rather than a glass cannon as of recently. Pretty much, until damage is buffed, if you want to cast dps go with gunslinger, otherwise sage heal. I like telekenetics as much as anyone, but it definitely needs a damage boost .

or from a balanced sage PoV, it's quite literally just a glass pebble dispenser :rolleyes:

Damage hasn't been touched.

Of course you can't use PoM (Presence of Mind) to insta-cast TKW which means you lose 20% damage on said spell. But that doesn't seem to be your problem since you say you're TK. You might just have leveled up further making your items being bolstered less since they're not as good in relation to your level anymore + bolster is stronger the lower level you are. The closer you get to 50 in PvP the closer you get to the "real" damage of our class. Maybe I should add " " around "damage" too, hmpf!

I also have a level 50 sorc, who as cybernetics, kept items up to date as far as they could be, so its not the bolstering of items. Sage is too far in the middle of the damage spectrum, they aren't high enough sustained damage or high enough burst. Like i said in another post, i realized what they should do. They need to improve the burst for TK and the survivability of balance, but put each buff in a high tier talent making grabbing both of them impossible. I was doing more warzones today with a sorc friend of mine who after i pointed this out, completely agreed. Sage isnt a bad class, or unplayable as most seem to think, but it needs a small damage boost.

I think the problem is that Bioware see gunslinger as the ranged turret "nuker" class and not Sage right now. They also don't see us as PvP healer as we are probably the weakest of the healer classes out there if spec'd as pure PvP healer build, though we do better as hybrid dps-healers where we max for our utility. Bioware sort of signalled our direction with the PoM nerf back in 1.2 We are not supposed to have big instant AoE nukes, we are supposed to have just single target small nuke/DoT. That's where Bioware placed the class in 1.2 and 1.3 is more of the same for us...Utility hybrid healers and mobile DoTing DPS.

Edited by Ewgal