View Single Post

thewatcheruatu
06.06.2012 , 12:23 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by FizzGigg View Post
I really don't understand the need to make legacy "perks" character based instead of account based. The arguement stated by bioware (and i forget where I seen this) was its cheaper to buy per character than account wide due to obvious reasons of being on multiple characters. Here is my problem with this..

1.) If I want to buy a legacy "perk" that boosts exp, companion affection gains, travel, and crafting, 99% of the time I will want that for every single character on my account. Yes, even on my current level 50's.
Well, I disagree a bit with this. I've got a couple of characters that I'm really enjoying leveling the traditional way, and some others where I'm really just leveling them up through warzones. I can see the advantage to having this as a character perk.

With that said, I don't plan to actually purchase any of these in the immediate future for the simple reason that I don't think there's any way to disable the increased XP gain. What if, for example, I get to a point in the game where I actually want to slow down a little and smell the roses? I don't want to be in the position where I have to stop doing the warzones I love just because I don't want to outlevel the content I'm doing.

But that's just me. I think these will be very attractive perks for a lot of people.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation