There is currently no active subscription on this account.

Vasgarth

First things first, hi to the forum since it's my first post here :) !

Secondly, I'm creating this thread for a friend of mine who decided to try the game since it's now F2P.

Sincerely, I was already disappointed when, one week ago, I bought the Collector's Edition and STILL had to insert my billing information, even though I had 30 days of free game time included with the CE, but now it's something.. well, quite ridicolous.

She logs in with the launcher and, before clicking on "play", she gets the dreadful "there is currently no active subscription on this account. Please activate your account here" message. Seriously, HOW is this f2p if I still have to insert my billing information ? It's kind of curious, because this would mean that SWTOR is the opposite of GW2 : you don't pay for the client but you actually pay for game time ?

There is nothing like a "skip" or "advance" button ( not that I noticed at least, and I checked everywhere ), so this is getting quite frustrating. Can anyone lend a hand, please ?

Im wondering how this is f2p when i have payed for a subscription before, and now that it is f2p it is saying i have no active subscription? Aren't i supposed to be a preferred status player?

its a bug with the system not recognizing some accounts as being able to play, it still assumes people need an active sub for some people