Has anyone else never even seen a Star wars movie...?

Nevzo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't, and have no intentions to.

I love MMO's of all types, so i will probably love this too.. am I the only non-nerd who's going to be playing? I really don't like the star wars franchise as a whole tbh ;-)

Not having seen Star Wars movies does not make you not a nerd.

Having seen Star Wars movies does not make other people nerds.

Star Wars is such a huge cultural phenomenom by now, that it's weirder to not have seen any of them than having seen them, and comparing someone to a nerd for having watched them is like calling someone a conspiracy nut for having watched a James Bond movie. :rolleyes:

I love MMO's of all types, so i will probably love this too.. am I the only non-nerd who's going to be playing? I really don't like the star wars franchise as a whole tbh ;-)

you should, they are good movies, but if you have love story stuff, skip every other chapter on episode 2

Wait, how can you not like the star wars franchise without having seen the star wars movies?

That's like not liking chocolate ice cream without ever having tasted it! Sure, it looks like **** but I assure you it's delicious.

You play MMO's dont pretend your not a nerd

I'm definitely not a "nerd" but Star Wars is just one of those things that almost everyone has seen... even if it's only one of the films.

How can you say you don't like the star wars franchise if you haven't seen any of the movies?

well being a nerd is cultural.

Most of my friends play games... and mmo's yet they are not "nerds"

By nerd I mean a fanatic. Just because you've seen the film means you must play the game??? I haven't seen the films but i'm going to judge this by a games perspective... on gameplay.

I only ask because 50% of the posts I see seem to be people roleplaying in star wars speech as if it's their only passion in life.. :p I Know people like this exist out there but i am a little shocked at the amount of them here.... will everyone be roleplaying in the game with weird chat, or will it be like any other mmo?

Edited by Nevzo

Wait, how can you not like the star wars franchise without having seen the star wars movies?

That's like not liking chocolate ice cream without ever having tasted it! Sure, it looks like **** but I assure you it's delicious.

George Lucas created a fantastic world to elaborate upon and play in, but he's a terribad writer. If it weren't for Gary Kurtz countering Lucas the entire time, then Ep. IV and V would have been just as terribad as the rest.

TBH I believe most of the book writers after Lucas, and the efforts on KOTOR, created a better Star Wars than Lucas did.

Trust me, OP, you're probably better off.

Edited by Potatopower

well being a nerd is cultural.

Most of my friends play games... and mmo's yet they are not "nerds"

By nerd I mean a fanatic. Just because you've seen the film means you must play the game??? I haven't seen the films but i'm going to judge this by a games perspective... on gameplay.

So you and your friends are MMO nerds.

Aren't you playing this MMO just because it is an MMO?

So you know non-nerds don't post on gaming forums.

Alodar :)

(Nerd and proud of it)

Sometimes I'll check out the forums on starwars.com for the Clone Wars and it is just adorable to see young fans explaining the movies to fans of the show who have never seen them. That along with posts like this make you appreciate just how diverse the Star Wars culture has become.

what are you 6 years old? live in a hole? never seen a star wars movie? my grandpa has seen them and he doesn't give a flying bantha about modern movies (anything after 1959 is garbage to him) I don't care if you think you're a nerd, or not a nerd, or w/e you think you are, Star Wars is just way too popular to not have seen ANY of the movies...and you're a gamer who likes MMOs? what the bantha man? what the bantha... Edited by Zeae

So you are an MMO nerd. Does it make you any better than SW nerds ?

So I am alone in this?

I watch good movies but star wars is so dated i most likely won't enjoy it.

Too much talking aswell from what i can tell from clips. It looks so dull

I'm really curious what you consider a "good movie."